What are your golf shoe style preferences?

Lately, I’ve been purchasing traditional style golf shoes: GFore Gallivanter and FootJoy wingtips. I like more modern styles too though. I’ll take em all!

The FJ wingtips look amazing, though my one hesitation has been if they go with shorts. Do you wear them with shorts?

The FJ wingtips look amazing, though my one hesitation has been if they go with shorts. Do you wear them with shorts?

Yeah and I think they look fine with shorts. IMHO

This style was my go to prior to THP.
IMG_20190505_120357-01.jpeg
Then I started wearing shorts :oops: while golfing and Ecco Biom became my favorite shoes.
Now, I'm completely corrupted and wear FJ or Etonic sandals when I play. :eek:

Started playing in the era when everyone wore some form of these monstrosities. So now I'm all sneaker all the time. More specifically, Adidas code chaos. That's all I'd ever wear again if I could get my hands on enough pairs

5e5e42e05895b7aeb4f25444452fcb31.jpg
1f33115855ee6ba70006ea6332526f86.jpg

This style was my go to prior to THP.
View attachment 9024005
Then I started wearing shorts :oops: while golfing and Ecco Biom became my favorite shoes.
Now, I'm completely corrupted and wear FJ or Etonic sandals when I play. :eek:

Wow: you went from walking the course in pebble leather Allen Edmonds, to Ecco Biom, and now sandals? Scandalous!

BTW - Does AE make golf shoes? Or were those custom made? Their dress shoes are worth every penny, but I didn't know they did golf shoes...

Wow: you went from walking the course in pebble leather Allen Edmonds, to Ecco Biom, and now sandals? Scandalous!

BTW - Does AE make golf shoes? Or were those custom made? Their dress shoes are worth every penny, but I didn't know they did golf shoes...
Yes, I've become a degenerate. :oops:

That pair was purchased "off the rack". AE used to make golf shoes and previously you could have your pair of AE re-crafted into golf shoes. I just checked the AE website and it appears that golf soles are no longer offered as an option for re-crafting.

Started playing in the era when everyone wore some form of these monstrosities. So now I'm all sneaker all the time. More specifically, Adidas code chaos. That's all I'd ever wear again if I could get my hands on enough pairs

5e5e42e05895b7aeb4f25444452fcb31.jpg
1f33115855ee6ba70006ea6332526f86.jpg

I miss "Kilties"!

Wow! Things are so much better today. Some of those old golf shoes seemed like they weighed 5 lbs apiece! These days a pair of golf shoes doesn't weigh what one did back in the day! And, those old shoes had to be "broken in"! I'm loving the 2 pair of FJ's I have now. Light, comfortable, and playable from day one!

Shorts, pants either one and good looking shoes look good. Hard to find good wing tip or traditional styled shoes anymore it seems. Everything seems to be geared for basketball with spikes anymore. My wife loves Eccos but I’ve never been a fan of their styling.

My Style Preferences
- Sneaker, but with style
- Neutral colors like white, black, grey or combinations thereof
- Predominantly wear blues, whites and blacks with an occasional purple or green polos often have lots of design elements, so don't need the shoes competing
- Prefer the base of the shoe to be black or grey, because white shows EVERYTHING you walk through

I'm not one to have a bunch of golf shoes in the closet. The most I've ever owned at a time was two. This is my current set.
Footjoy Hyperflex.jpeg
The style preferences are secondary to the function and fit items you listed. But we are blessed in this day and age. There are LOTS of different golf shoes to shop. It wasn't always so.

Last edited:
Casual spikeless with no or very minimal drop. Solid colors without any loud or overbearing branding.

Love my hyperflex boa. Most comfy shoe I have ever owned. I go more athletic, boa, good cushioning, and a wide toe box. Not great for my turf toe however. Need steel toe Timberlands for it.

I’d just like to find shoes that fit well (ill wear either traditional or more sneaker like style)… I need 4E width and it’s not easy to find a good fit very easily. I currently wear Foot Joy Pro SL in Extra Wide which are fairy comfortable but still a little narrow.

There has to be a bit better fit out there. I’m going to look at ECCO or Sketchers next.

Classic look with a narrow heel for me.
the foot joy premieres in narrow are my current shoes

Never really thought much about it. All of my golf shoes are sneaker style. Most are neutral as in grey, white or black. A couple are a tad flashy I guess. Addidas, Callaway, Footjoy, and New Balance are the brands I wear currently.

I aesthetically like an Adidas Ultra Boost look but I drag my toe as I make impact so I destroy all soft sole golf shoes within one range session. I just bought some spiked Puma Ignite PWRADAPT spiked cleats so I am hoping they check all of my boxes. I drag the living hell out of that trail foot so much that I live marks on the tee box like Bryson does so I figure if these shoes work for him they have to work for me, lmao.

My preference is not a choice but a necessity if I want to be able to finish the round without meds. Have arthritis in my toes and can't wear closed shoes very long so therefore use FJ golf sandals. Not sure I understand it but just socks limit my walking a lot.

I know fit, comfort, all-weather ability, and grip are paramount for golf shoes. But let’s pretend those are all taken care of and the shoe is your blank canvas…

What are your style preferences for a golf shoe?
- Traditional or sneaker?
- Do you aim for neutral color or minimalism? Or seek flashy / statement designs?
- Do you try to pick something that goes with majority of your other golf apparel style/colors?
- Or maybe no style preference at all (as long as fit/quality/grip conditions are met)?
For me its traditional (saddle shoe) and minimalist. Right now Im rocking the FJ DryJoy Tours in white and faux croc. For me, theyre pretty flashy with the croc skin print. Normally I just go saddle shoe with a white/tan pattern.

I aesthetically like an Adidas Ultra Boost look but I drag my toe as I make impact so I destroy all soft sole golf shoes within one range session. I just bought some spiked Puma Ignite PWRADAPT spiked cleats so I am hoping they check all of my boxes. I drag the living hell out of that trail foot so much that I live marks on the tee box like Bryson does so I figure if these shoes work for him they have to work for me, lmao.
There's one in need of steel toed golf shoes!

I like fun, and not retro/dated.

My favorites are Ecco Bioms one white/grey pair and one black pair. They're 5 and 4 years old, but i love them
My 6 year old Ecco Biom, are the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn, for golf +.
Keeping the Yak leather , like new; best, albeit expensive cleaner and conditioner
Saphir Medaille d'Or Renovator. You wont regret either.

Back