Lessons learned...?

I need to remember to complete my backswing, and pause at the top (probably not a real pause, but just the thought of pausing is enough for me).

Grip, need to stop using such a strong bottom hand grip. Every once in a while I think I am fixing some flaws by doing this but reach the same conclusion that hooks into the woods are not the desired effect.

I think one of mine is forgetting about my “miss.” I actually hit a lot of straight shots....but, my miss can be a fade - and sometimes a hard fade. I tell myself to watch out for that....but, then I get into a rythem where I’m hitting well....then, out of nowhere, here comes that miss that I didn’t allow for. Hmmmm...
With a hazard on the left, do you say to yourself, "dont hit it left". Hope not.
Our subconscious does not do negatives. ie cant not do anything in subconscious.
its like the party trick telling people whatever they do, dont think about monkeys.

"dont hit it left" in subconscious becomes, ".. hit it left".
Its why public service messages, " Dont drink and drive" never stop drinking and driving. Actually drinking and driving go up every time they have those stupid campaigns. Maybe they need golfers to write their scripts.

Bobby Jones was quoted as saying.... “One reason golf is such an exasperating game is that a thing learned is so easily forgotten, and we find ourselves struggling year after year with faults we had discovered and corrected time and again.” What is one of those things that you keep “struggling” with from time to time...???
just basically playing golf wrong. Trying to be hero. But, I almost always play in money game, so pars are a no win situation.
Ex:
Went to a scramble in Michigan. Practice round before the scramble.
I struggle most of the day. Long par 4. #15. I finally "just hit a driver" not trying to bomb it. Center fairway.
I was in 5 iron range but trouble in front. I decided to use pitching wedge in front of trouble. Pitched up fairly close and parred it.
It was the #1 handicap on the course.
If I played smarter, might score a little better.

Hit down on the ball. Let the club and ball do the rest.

Back