Impulse equipment purchases...

Nice find. And good excuse for a build project if you don't like the shafts. WIN-WIN 🔥

I never tried Miuras and figured wth! I had gift cards which made these purchases sting a bit less.

Lmao. Better question is when do I not! 🤣

Have you ever (I have)... bought a new (or new to you) club - when what you bought it to replace was working quite well... and you didn’t expect this to happen...?
I just bought a electric cart because it was 20%off. I hadn't planned on buying it or spending that amount but It was a good Deal.

I have never had enough money laying around that I could afford to spend to replace good equipment just on a whim.

It works in opposite fashion for me.

Something in the bag isn't exactly what I want
but just the closest thing to it that I can find.

Suddenly, something closer to the ideal pops up
and I'm afraid that I may not have another chance to buy it.

I constantly do it. I tend to do it more with shafts than other things but I have done it with drivers, fairways, irons, wedges and putters. Oh and golf bags. That is pretty much everything.

I’m in the minority here but I’ll say kinda, sorta, not really. I won’t impulse buy something to replace a club that has been performing well for me. I may impulse swing a club and then make a rational argument to rationalize my decision to replace it with a better performance club. But never just an impulse buy.

Was just at a flea market and saw a Scotty Cameron Futura X that I really really really wanted but just got a new putter and dang I wish I didn’t just get a new putter:(

I have done so.
1642282248272.gif

I have done the impulse buys in the past. No impulse buys these days.

This is the worst time of year for it. When I can’t golf I usually buy stuff to scratch the golf itch.

I don't think so. Only scenario I could see myself doing this was if it was a screamin good deal that I couldn't pass up.
This is typically the only time that I make an impulse golf purchase. I just bought three wedges from Cleveland but it wasn't an impulse buy by any stretch. They've been sitting in my cart for over a month. :LOL:

This is typically the only time that I make an impulse golf purchase. I just bought three wedges from Cleveland but it wasn't an impulse buy by any stretch. They've been sitting in my cart for over a month. :LOL:
Oh do tell.... Whatcha get?

the "deliberacy" of this resonates

I was 4 hours away from home waiting to catch a flight to a golf destination the next morning all by myself so I went to golf galaxy out of boredom and bought a brand new driver

i don't think anyone here has ever done that.

I agree. I certainly have never ordered clubs before receiving and trying the prior clubs before. Weird when you get them out of order too, 😂.

Let's put it this way: I'm thankful that the golf stores around here are closing around the same time I get off work. Otherwise I could easily find myself wandering through the aisles and at that point there would be a high percentage chance that impulse buys happen.

Absolutely not. I would never buy clubs on a impulse for absolutely no reason

(I’m so full of crap.)

Last edited:
I buy very little without research but I did make a small buy once that really helped my golf. I went to the local shop to buy a Fatso grip for my putter. I found a used putter with the grip I wanted for sale, rolled it twice and bought it. It turned out the Putter itself was the gem and has let to me being a much better putter

Impulse buying? Me? Nahhhhh.

Oh, you meant golf purchases. No further comment. :rofl:

This is the worst time of year for it. When I can’t golf I usually buy stuff to scratch the golf itch.
This. 100%. Not sure if it helps the winter move along faster or slower though waiting to try everything out. (But it sure is fun)

This. 100%. Not sure if it helps the winter move along faster or slower though waiting to try everything out. (But it sure is fun)
Retail therapy is real while your waiting for the golf season to roll in.....................

I've built a set of irons probably 20 times because some @$$h0000 keeps posting a gorgeous pic of the 223s in blue lighting looking all seductive and stuff.

Back