What gear do you get most excited about during release season?

russtopher

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Band
Yes, I know it's tempting to say "all of it" :ROFLMAO:

For me, I always tend to get most excited over irons. I feel like there are so many different ways to create a head with different characteristics that it's really fun to see what OEMs are going to come out with next. I tend to skew towards the SGI side of things on what I like to play and see what tech is coming out, but I am happy to drool over new blades too.

Drivers are second for me, and for some reason I've never gotten too hot over new putters. Personal thing I guess.

What gear do you get most excited to see announced during this time of year?

It depends on which clubs in my bag are misbehaving at the moment. :LOL:

All of it.

Inadore seeing the technological innovations in design that these companies come up with…even if it was done 20 years ago ;)

This year it’s cobra irons. Can’t imagine how they could improve the forge tec but I bet they have. Can’t wait.

drivers and irons.

#1 would probably be drivers followed closely by irons.

Drivers. Always Drivers.

Though I've never bought one at release. :unsure:

Amen. I have but only because they ran out of the previous model that I bought half off? So that was nice of them.

I would say all for me. Despite playing the game for 50 years, my knowledge as to equipment is lacking. I’m trying to learn as much as I can about equipment with each and every release from drivers to wedges.

Hybrids cause I feel like they have been around the "least" out of all other clubs and cool to see how they have been developed.

Drivers
Wedges
Balls
Shoes

If irons were women a good divorce attorney would be my best friend in the world.

It is easiest for me to buy a driver. Next for me would be irons. After that it all kinda is what am I looking for.

Drivers
Wedges
Balls
Shoes

Didn’t even think about that one but you’re right - a solid pair of comfortable shoes can definitely make a difference over a season.

If irons were women a good divorce attorney would be my best friend in the world.
Collecting irons is a much cheaper hobby than collecting ex-wives. Just sayin'. :ROFLMAO:

ALL...OF...IT!!! Then watching the reviews on the clubs. My wife tells me, why are you watching a guy hit a golf ball on YouTube.. Well because it's release season and he's getting to hit a club before people can buy it.

Irons have got to be the top spot. Putters next. Then Drivers, Balls, Wedges, Fairways and Hybrids, in rough order of enthusiasm.

ALL...OF...IT!!! Then watching the reviews on the clubs. My wife tells me, why are you watching a guy hit a golf ball on YouTube.. Well because it's release season and he's getting to hit a club before people can buy it.

YUP. I get that from my wife all the time, asking me why I'm watching random people hit 2 golf balls over the course of 10 minutes on YouTube.

Also, she thinks THP is a "meme site" because nearly every post response in a live thread seems to have a gif as part of it :ROFLMAO:

YUP. I get that from my wife all the time, asking me why I'm watching random people hit 2 golf balls over the course of 10 minutes on YouTube.

Also, she thinks THP is a "meme site" because nearly every post response in a live thread seems to have a gif as part of it :ROFLMAO:

All of it!

Most of all, I like the technological innovations. Who remembers speedfoam, or Jailbreak, or even tungsten weighting? Then we got A.I. flash face, 3d printed putters, MIM irons, carbon faces. All sorts of innovations!

This year I am excited about wedges and drivers.

Irons and wedges. Something about that shot of the full set fanned out or organized neatly in a 4 way top showing off gleaming chrome or a beautiful freshly brushed finish grabs me by the metalworker/OCD feels.

Back