How much money would it take to agree to not change anything in the bag this year?

?

• free - thats the plan

Votes: 18 29.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 3.3%

Votes: 4 6.6%

Votes: 1 1.6%

Votes: 7 11.5%

Votes: 14 23.0%

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • no price

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters
$500. Just because that’s about the cost of a new driver.

I said $5,000 bc

1) There is 0% chance I could go a whole year without changing a single thing

and

2) bc 5k would cover my complete new custom fitted set for the following year

$500. I'm easy. Let me know and I'll tell ya where to send the check.

I haven't changed anything in a couple of years, and have no plans on doing so it wouldn't take any amount of money, lol.

Finally have my bag fully dialed in after 18 months of tinkering! So excited for this season

I would say $100. I don't plan on making any changes so that would be worth getting some money. If it's less than that though then it wouldn't be worth it in case I did want to make a change. Getting into a THP Experience and getting a club/clubs would overide making $100 though.

I voted $1,000, but I likely wouldn't be able to collect at the end of the year as I'd fail. :) I'd be pretty much OK with no changes to 12 of my clubs each season, but I love to tinker with putters and drivers. There have only been a handful of years where I played the same driver all year and no years in the last 30 where I've played just one putter an entire season.
I've only had a handful of years over the last 20 that I've tried a different driver and 0 years of trying more than one putter...unless you count putting with a wedge or at a golf store.:ROFLMAO:

I've only had a handful of years over the last 20 that I've tried a different driver and 0 years of trying more than one putter...unless you count putting with a wedge or at a golf store.:ROFLMAO:

I was like that in my youth when I was not willing to spend money on golf stuff. I played my first 1,900 rounds with the same set of irons and maybe two putters. Back then I replaced drivers usually when I broke them. There are a lot of things I keep for a long time. I drive a car that we bought new for my wife in March of 2015 and took it over from her in 2018. It has 128,000 miles on it and will likely be my daily driver for at least another 5 years.

I guess golf putters and drivers are something that I collect in my older age. ;)

Last edited:
I selected my starting point for negotiations (so I'm starting high). Since my bag is set for this year and I have no need or plans to change, whatever I get will pay for green fees or a special golf outing. It's all gravy to me!

Last edited:
It would be hard for me not to change up my equipment. Would i have a price? Sure. Money talks. But even under current circumstances where I am sending lots of $ to a needy family member, I can't let go of the idea of updating the bag. I love golf equipment.

$50, that'll cover a handle of Tito's

Hypothetically, someone offered you X amount of money, paid at the end of the year, if you changed no clubs in your bag?

I've changed my bag dozens of times each year since i found THP. some small changes, some larger.
We all enjoy the tinkering, we are here, we are the lunatic fringe.
How much would it take for you to stick to that bet?

3.50$
20$
50$
100$
200$
500$
1000$
more?
I don't think I'd have that ability... the tinkering, the trial and error, the excitment of sneaking in a new club without the boss knowing and then following up with "we talked about it weeks ago" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.... But really it's the ongoing tinkering and belief that there might be something better out there to suit my game that would be tough to pass up.

Lemme get that putter out of my bag and I can get serious about the question!

I spent plenty in 2021 so I'm good.

Easy, nothing. I’ve kept my 2018 Grandaddy bag pretty much the same since the event, only change is a club I won through THP Instagram last year.

This thread is about 18 days too late! :ROFLMAO: We should start a thread for New Years new editions, like the news covers the first child born at the hospital for the year.

$1000 would get me to stop tinkering for a year. Anything less, not a chance.

5k. I don’t plan on changing anything else except maybe the ball. I just don’t like hearing “no”. So if I’m gonna be telling myself no a bunch, I might as well dream that it’s worth it.

I'm already out because I've got new wedges on the way but, if we're talking a calendar year from when they arrive, I'll take any money that someone wants to give away. I have no other bag changes planned for the year so I'll take that free money (sans a THP Experience, of course and then all bets are off).

Too late for me, already have a new putter on the way. I voted $1000, though. I'm not a big club ho, but I am impulsive and if I was going to be forbidden from changing anything in my bag on a whim for a whole year, it would have to be worth my while. And a grand would give me a nice chunk of change to spend on clubs the next year!

I think I could stick with my bag setup for $1,000. I'm pretty happy with it and m could enjoy it for a season.

But boy oh boy would I do some damage with my credit card the next season!

Back