The @MSEASU & @Doubleb21 chasing 5 competition

Got some more work in today! Lots of set up work and kept an eye on the takeaway. We also worked with setting the face of the irons up a bit open today. That gave me some nice results. It was a good day on the range. Fished up working a wedge ladder he had set up this was 78 yards to the cone and right on it! Back to putting practice tomorrow.

Had a good weekend on the course. Back to back rounds of 76. That is first for me and todays’ a round was in the rain. Driver was really good for the weekend which is nice. I didn’t have any major issues and made some long putts which is always fun. Pending cap is at 7.1 which I believe is the lowest ever! Doing a driver fitting tomorrow then back to practice all week for next weekends rounds!

My last 3 rounds 🤯. Working on swing change plus had weeks where I could not hit a driver.
9 over
Even par
15 over
Jeez.
So indoor trackman today

IMG_0214.jpeg

My last 3 rounds 🤯. Working on swing change plus had weeks where I could not hit a driver.
9 over
Even par
15 over
Jeez.
So indoor trackman today

View attachment 9238252
Keep the work going bad scores happen! You know the work is worth the improvement!

1.5 hours on the putting green today for me. I did tons of mirror work form various distances. I then worked uphill and downhill long lag putts. No rain today so it was nice to get outside!

Last two rounds were great. 2nd place in Thursday league, first place today in AZTHP on tough course. Feel like I am getting closer. @Doubleb21 is right there too. Some great rounds and just a few bad holes today.

Last two rounds were great. 2nd place in Thursday league, first place today in AZTHP on tough course. Feel like I am getting closer. @Doubleb21 is right there too. Some great rounds and just a few bad holes today.
I started out great but lost it on the early back 9 holes but settled in. We have to play there again that course is fun!

Congrats on the win today! I was following the scores on Squabbit, looked like it was a pretty tough course.

Congrats on the win today! I was following the scores on Squabbit, looked like it was a pretty tough course.
For me I thought very tough. Every tee shot and approach was mentally draining . Very tight , no flat lies, easy to get blocked out and hidden hazards.

Great round today shot a 77 in some wind. I went even par on the front 9 with 4 birdies. I feel I have made great gains over the last 8 weeks or so. Putting is solid and the new driver is working well. Irons should arrive this week with any luck and it will be grind time!

I hit the putting green today for some speed practice on longer putts. I finished up with using my mirror and working on 5 footers.

Got some chipping practice in this afternoon. I worked on the higher shots for practice going over bunkers etc. I then hit the bunker for some work. I hit probably 25-30 bunker shots working on different face positions. This green is slightly downhill and runs away and i was getting them to stop nicely. I might head back tomorrow and get a small bucket and hit form this bunker to the range. I need to work on those longer fw bunker shots.
bunker.jpgenke.jpg

Hit the putting green after a lunch appt this aft. I got there right when they were moving all of the cups. I ended up on a sidehill left breaker that i was practicing on form about 2 feet. I kept moving back after i got the speed down and man i got beat up a bit today with those putts. I will be spending more time on this area of the putting green for sure getting the speed dialed in. Worked a lot of uphill and downhill putts also today. Range time kicks in tomorrow before the unmentionable weather that is coming in!

Lesson day today since we will have rain all day tomorrow. Worked o knock down wedge shots getting the proper set up so I can hit that when needed, The wind was strong on the range so it was a good day to work on that. Spent the rest of the time working on my FW woods off the deck and then some drivers. I then went to the putting green for 30 minutes for more practice there. I came back and watched @BB Fan Girl crush drivers and FW woods into the wind! I love range time.
IMG_4603.jpeg

At the range before the sun came up to beat the rain and wind. I wanted to try and dial in some distances with the new irons. I had the range to myself! Great session and i have a starting point for when i play this weekend. I only hit a few drives and spent most of the time on the irons and wedges.
range2.jpgrange1.jpg

Played ok over the weekend but have a few things to work on as always. Putting practice resumed today after all of the rain we have had last week I did not get out as usual and it showed on the greens yesterday. Will be spending tomorrow chipping and small pitch shots 50 yards and less to get more dialed in with the new wedges. Hitting the driver work hard this week. I hot a lot of good drives but then changed something and fought going right. When i do that i know i am making changes to try and correct it. New irons are feeling excellent and i like what i am seeing from them. Early March is the next match we will need to determine a place soon.

Played yesterday on 4 man best ball. Struggle off the tee but irons were solid. I actually had significant contribution to win.
Just practice today working on driver and partial wedges.

Spent a few hours at the range working on wedges today. I needed to get a better feel having new wedges for what i wanted to do. I did long bmp and runs and shorter high pitch shots with the 58. I am loving my set GW for the bump and runs. I then hit the range and got a large bucket and hit 90% of that with the GW-54-58 to various distances. I messed up two 40 yard pitch shots Sunday that cost me so i wanted to really focus on that. I finished up with a few 8 irons and 7 irons. Lesson day this week will be all about the driver! I am hoping my new FW woods arrive before Friday but not looking good.
gw1.jpg

Just driver and putter today. I’m starting to feel my swing getting back to how it was last year when I was playing well.

Had a rough day we’d I got the nasty S word while on the range with my coach. My back swing had gotten flat for some reason. We were able to get it dialed back in while I was there in the morning. I then played 9 in the afternoon for some practice and had no issues. Today while I worked I got a mirror out and worked on getting my back swing into the position my coach wants. I probably did 75 reps through out the day.

I hit the range this aft and spent 2.5 hours hitting balls. I did a practice swing each rep to double check the hands. When i left I was hitting everything pretty well. Not one single ball went right! I will be seeing my coach again tomorrow And will be really grinding on the woods so I am keeping the hands higher in the back swing.

It is crazy how fast something can change in your swing.

I spent another 2 hours on the range yesterday. Higher hands is so much easier with the irons and fw woods for whatever reason the driver is giving me some trouble. I always go back to a flatter swing. I did do a bunch of slower swings at home yesterday and just got done doing them again before todays round. I am going to really try and do a good practice swing then forget it all and rip it. We shall see how today goes.

Plans changed a bit today. I ended up with another range session this morning then played 9 this afternoon. All clubs were working well and the driver was excellent. Two birdies in the 9 holes I played!

I played pretty good today. I was 1 over on the front 9 and a 41 on the back. A few mistakes but I feel I made better decisions and I was hitting all of my clubs well. Putter was a bit cold but a really solid day on the course. Always fun to play with @MSEASU and @Wildcat and @Junior Soprano.

I played pretty good today. I was 1 over on the front 9 and a 41 on the back. A few mistakes but I feel I made better decisions and I was hitting all of my clubs well. Putter was a bit cold but a really solid day on the course. Always fun to play with @MSEASU and @Wildcat and @Junior Soprano.
There were rumors of some Bisselling going on out there.

Back