Got out last night for a SIM round and the TSR2 helped me hit some real solid drives. Forgiveness on off-center strikes is just so good, I had a few “uh-oh” swings that still stayed incredibly playable, and the swings where I found the center of the face, the Stack training showed itself. I don’t think I’ll be driver shopping this year.

I'm late to the TSR party but went for a fitting last month and the TSR2 easily beat the AI Smoke, Cobra Darkspeed, G430 and the Qi10. My old driver was the Rogue ST Max and it killed that too. It wasn't even close. The TSR2 was straighter, longer, and felt the best by far. The difference was so significant that I hit a few again towards the end to verify and the results were the same. I was a bit hesitant to buy one since it's nearing EOL but with a Diamana GT shaft I was getting results so good that I really couldn't pass it up. Just as a side bit of trivia, I was in the market for a new 5W at the same time and he said he couldn't do any better than what I had now which is an old Epic Flash, so instead of selling me something he said to just keep it. That one may be in the bag for a very long time.

i had the tsr3 on the range yesterday. my full swing has been neglected for awhile, i just kind of had an itch to check on my numbers. this driver just never fails to impress. i recorded pb ball speeds of 162mph twice. smash is very often over 1.45 on gc3, in fact i had 1.49 and 1.50 smash on gc3 with tsr3 yesterday. i'm into year 2, and the tsr3 remains secure as my gamer.

I really like my TSR2 with Helium 5F3 but I couldn’t pass up a great deal on a Srixon ZX5mkII with the same shaft. I really like the look of the Srixon at setup. Shootout coming when my knee gets better.

i had the tsr3 on the range yesterday. my full swing has been neglected for awhile, i just kind of had an itch to check on my numbers. this driver just never fails to impress. i recorded pb ball speeds of 162mph twice. smash is very often over 1.45 on gc3, in fact i had 1.49 and 1.50 smash on gc3 with tsr3 yesterday. i'm into year 2, and the tsr3 remains secure as my gamer.
Nice ball speed! The TSR series almost seems iconic to me at this point. It almost seems like it has voodoo in it. No carbon, but the heads just perform. It is fun to see all the new releases and I inevitably try some each year, but it is kind of refreshing and generates a feeling of loyalty to a company that releases on two year cycles. I am really high right now one one of the new releases, but I still don’t know if it can outperform my TSR3. It is like old faithful at this point

Hit some pretty good drives with the 2 today. These heads have such a great powerful sound, and it really lets you know when you’ve got a hold of one. I took a couple of more aggressive lines today that I might not have before starting the Stack, and easy swings now are finding me pretty decent carries. This combo with the AD-DI is a lot of fun.

i picked up the TSR2 in the fall and only got to use it for 2 rounds before the season closed. so i've been playing it this winter for our simulator league and really loving the length and accuracy. it's helping me be confident to swing faster. my buddy says yesterday, "it was no big deal when you were hitting 240 because even if it was straight it was only 240. but ever since you got the new driver it's 270 and annoyingly straight."
the next hole was a drivable par 4 (#15 at TPC Scottsdale) so i went full send and stuck the green at 290yds. sim golf, but still very very satisfying!

Nice ball speed! The TSR series almost seems iconic to me at this point. It almost seems like it has voodoo in it. No carbon, but the heads just perform. It is fun to see all the new releases and I inevitably try some each year, but it is kind of refreshing and generates a feeling of loyalty to a company that releases on two year cycles. I am really high right now one one of the new releases, but I still don’t know if it can outperform my TSR3. It is like old faithful at this point

First time i used it was at Baltusrol this past year as a rental , was TSR2 with a Tensei Blue....As you can imagine you gotta be good off the tee there.

Yada yada yada i ordered it as soon as i got home! Same exact setup

Coming from an Epic Max 9 (turned down to 8) with a Rogue Silver 130, which I’ve been struggling with since heel-toe misses shoot up my spin from 2300 to 2800-3100.

I was fit into a TSR2 8 (at C1) with an AD DI 6. Picked up 5-7 yards carry, 10-15 total distance, but the mis hits I’ve gained about 10, and my spin on the mis hits still stay around 2300 and fairly straight!!!!

My deal is retail, so for those that have it, is the $700+ price tag worth it? I rarely change clubs out, and also have almost never bought new at retail (other than my 3 wood a few years back).

Coming from an Epic Max 9 (turned down to 8) with a Rogue Silver 130, which I’ve been struggling with since heel-toe misses shoot up my spin from 2300 to 2800-3100.

I was fit into a TSR2 8 (at C1) with an AD DI 6. Picked up 5-7 yards carry, 10-15 total distance, but the mis hits I’ve gained about 10, and my spin on the mis hits still stay around 2300 and fairly straight!!!!

My deal is retail, so for those that have it, is the $700+ price tag worth it? I rarely change clubs out, and also have almost never bought new at retail (other than my 3 wood a few years back).
Sounds like you have been struggling for a few years but if you have the funds it sounds like a win-win. Improved difference, accuracy and sounds like confidence for sure. If you can make it happen, sounds like it is worth the investment for your enjoyment. In the game.

Had a pretty good driving round with the 2 on Friday night. Hit 8 FWYs on a much tighter course than I normally play, and my misses weren’t off by much. Another thing I’m seeing from the switch to the AD-DI is a much higher flight, which helped me to take a pretty aggressive line on a hole I normally would have played a lot differently last year. Pretty excited about getting back out on course with the 2.
IMG_9266.png

Had a pretty good driving round with the 2 on Friday night. Hit 8 FWYs on a much tighter course than I normally play, and my misses weren’t off by much. Another thing I’m seeing from the switch to the AD-DI is a much higher flight, which helped me to take a pretty aggressive line on a hole I normally would have played a lot differently last year. Pretty excited about getting back out on course with the 2.
View attachment 9243302
Which AD DI do you have in there?

Oof, bad couple rounds on the sim with my driver over the last week. I'm pushing everything right due to making heely open face contact (my normal is center to toe side with a draw). But it's amazing how I feel it and know the swing was a disaster and the ball ends up just poor and not in disaster territory.
So even with swing timing and some setup issues that need attention, this driver is doing its damnedest to bail me out.
lol, maybe i'll wake up tomorrow with a repeatable swing.

Had a lesson the other week and we were seeing a little bit of wildness in trajectory and direction with the TSR2 and HZRDUS Black. Had some minor swing issues we were working out, but generally mechanics weren't too bad, so he handed me a TSR3 with a 1K Black 65 X flex in it (didn't tell me what it was, just said hit it) and lo and behold the misses got straighter, spin went down and I hit one about 320. Apparently my swing speed is floating in the 110-112 range pretty consistently now...

Comedy Central What GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

So for now I've plugged the 1K Black 65 S into the TSR2 which has straightened things out some. Gonna keep monitoring the results in my lessons (next one early March) but may have some tweaks happening top of bag to tame some of this newfound speed. Certainly explains (at least partially) why I tend to hit the 4W so straight with the 1K Black in it but struggle at times to keep the driver in control.

I'm looking at replacing my Cobra F8 driver and plan to hit the TSR-2 and QI-10 this week. I've Hit the Paradyme Smoke AI and Darkspeed so far. Have a question on paint wear though. This being a painted titanium sole, are you guys seeing excessive paint wear in first year? My 5 year old driver looks perfect, and really don't like the idea of spending $600 on something that looks 10+ years old in year. Noticed this in looking at used. Most weren't this bad though....but still a 1 year old driver??TSR-Driver-Wear.jpg

I'm looking at replacing my Cobra F8 driver and plan to hit the TSR-2 and QI-10 this week. I've Hit the Paradyme Smoke AI and Darkspeed so far. Have a question on paint wear though. This being a painted titanium sole, are you guys seeing excessive paint wear in first year? My 5 year old driver looks perfect, and really don't like the idea of spending $600 on something that looks 10+ years old in year. Noticed this in looking at used. Most weren't this bad though....but still a 1 year old driver??View attachment 9243452
The clearcoat paint on the crown starting peeling on my TSR2. Doesn’t affect performance or anything, but it's pretty crappy for such a premium driver. I ended up lightly sanding it all off and now I have a matte crown.

I'm looking at replacing my Cobra F8 driver and plan to hit the TSR-2 and QI-10 this week. I've Hit the Paradyme Smoke AI and Darkspeed so far. Have a question on paint wear though. This being a painted titanium sole, are you guys seeing excessive paint wear in first year? My 5 year old driver looks perfect, and really don't like the idea of spending $600 on something that looks 10+ years old in year. Noticed this in looking at used. Most weren't this bad though....but still a 1 year old driver??View attachment 9243452
My 1 year old TSR2 sole looks NOTHING like that

The clearcoat paint on the crown starting peeling on my TSR2. Doesn’t affect performance or anything, but it's pretty crappy for such a premium driver. I ended up lightly sanding it all off and now I have a matte crown.
Sorry to hear that. So it left your "sweet spot" mark on the top of club hopefully? My hybrids are matte finish and I kinda like that look myself.

Sorry to hear that. So it left your "sweet spot" mark on the top of club hopefully? My hybrids are matte finish and I kinda like that look myself.
Yeah. I didn't sand it enough to take off the logo, though it is a little faded now. It definitely looks better with the matte finish, in my opinion.

First of all that's a fairway wood so it's going to take more ground wear at the leading edge. But I have had my driver for 1.5 years and it looks nothing like that, and frankly even my fairway wood has nowhere near that much wear. Happy to send pictures if you like.

First of all that's a fairway wood so it's going to take more ground wear at the leading edge. But I have had my driver for 1.5 years and it looks nothing like that, and frankly even my fairway wood has nowhere near that much wear. Happy to send pictures if you like.
Yeah, noticed it was fairway wood after posting, but saw some "metal through paint wear" on some drivers as well. Driver should not be brushing the turf to begin with...or just occasionally and barely I suppose. Stands out like a sore thumb to me because of the clear contrast difference. Thanks, but don't need pics, just looking for feedback on if people are satisfied with visual wear for the $$ spent. Still have to hit that and the Qi-10 to make up my mind. This is advertised as 2023 so less than a year old. Just seems like excessive wear pattern to me .

TSR-Driver-Wear-2.jpgT

if someone repeatedly drags and mashes their club into the turf on every swing, the paint will wear off any driver like in the picture you found. dirt is hard! in the same way, the sky marks on my old drivers aren't the fault of the club or any reflection of the quality of the finish that was put on the crown.

i've been very impressed with the quality of the face on my TSR2 and how much it doesn't hold ball or tee marks. and thankfully my swing is better than in the past and it's saving the crown and sole from abuse. i did drop the back edge onto concrete the other day: after a moment of panic...not even a scratch.

Well I don't believe most drivers are painted over titanium sole plate. I know my Cobra and Taylor made FW woods have wear pads on the sole. I think the metal is also wrapped inside the other composites also. My 5 year old Cobra has some mild scratch marks but hard to see because they are same color. I'm likely more anal than others on this though because by trade I'm a manufacturing engineer, programmer and machinist.

Last edited:
Yeah, noticed it was fairway wood after posting, but saw some "metal through paint wear" on some drivers as well. Driver should not be brushing the turf to begin with...or just occasionally and barely I suppose. Stands out like a sore thumb to me because of the clear contrast difference. Thanks, but don't need pics, just looking for feedback on if people are satisfied with visual wear for the $$ spent. Still have to hit that and the Qi-10 to make up my mind. This is advertised as 2023 so less than a year old. Just seems like excessive wear pattern to me .

View attachment 9243484T
I’d say that’s more of a swing issue than a finish issue.

Back