Any Toyota/Lexus Die-Hards Here?

We have a 2013 Rx and best I can tell never a water pump yet. Have you put a water pump on yours yet.

Am I a die hard? Not really.
We own two Lexus though. Had another one previously for 3 years. Now two Rx350, One 2022 and one 2024

The only Toyota product I’ve ever owned is the 2012 Scion tC that we bought for our son in 2013. He’s married now, and still has that car. It’s his wife’s primary ride now and still going strong.

We’ve been across the map with cars over the past 30+ years. We’ve owned that one Toyota product, 4 Honda products (1 being Acura), 4 Nissan (1 being Infiniti), 1 Dodge, 1 Chevy. We still have the Chevy (2009 Suburban) and Infiniti (2009 G37x), both running/riding/looking great.

We own two Lexus though. Had another one previously for 3 years. Now two Rx350, One 2022 and one 2024

for me, the beauty and die hard status was aquired not read, told or intially evident. It was seeing that 2022 of yours working as good as new in 2035 that has influenced me while at the same time seeing other brands start to create $800 repair bills every other month after year 9.

my first toyota was new to me 1976 Celica with 125k miles. In the year 1982, anything over 100K was known to be take it to the junk yard and leave it or put a quart of oil in it weekly. toyota had no reputation but the car was well maintained. Car was in an accident in going strong at 175k when totalled. that should have been my clue but no I had to have a z28 camaro which started to fail when it hit 85k. It wasn't until about 2005 that i started to get the memo but yet I bought 2 other non-toyotas, both were expensive, and both started to have expensive issues at a time when i wanted them just to function.

for me, the beauty and die hard status was aquired not read, told or intially evident. It was seeing that 2022 of yours working as good as new in 2035 that has influenced me while at the same time seeing other brands start to create $800 repair bills every other month after year 9.
I won’t have it that long.

I won’t have it that long.

my next door neighbor owns a dealership and he said 6 years is average length of ownership in US. I keep them much longer because I like not having payments for 10 years after they are paid off. Generally I don't have the best vehicles in my neighorhood.

my next door neighbor owns a dealership and he said 6 years is average length of ownership in US. I keep them much longer because I like not having payments for 10 years after they are paid off. Generally I don't have the best vehicles in my neighorhood.
Neither do I by a long shot haha.

GG might keep hers longer as she doesn’t put on a bunch of miles. Me driving to 12 THP Experiences on average in a year is 20k+ miles. I’m out way before 6 most likely.

Neither do I by a long shot haha.

GG might keep hers longer as she doesn’t put on a bunch of miles. Me driving to 12 THP Experiences on average in a year is 20k+ miles. I’m out way before 6 most likely.

if you do the recommended services, I'd like to buy your trade :) Seriously, the toyota,lexus driven 25k miles a year is the deal. It may still have 500,000 miles remaining. Age is the real enemy.

I like the specificity here of ‘owning’. Because we know your daily driver is a golf cart 🤣

Where might that be, Jeff?

Well i work in tech so it could only be 2 cities. And it's the one in the state that doesn't want us lol.

2010 Venza with 240k miles and. 2016 Highlander with 140k miles on it, both very solid and no major problems at all. Just regular routine maintenance.

After I finish having fun with my Audi S4, I'll be getting a 4Runner.
What engine in in your Venza?

I like the specificity here of ‘owning’. Because we know your daily driver is a golf cart 🤣
This is actually very true.

Not a die hard, but my wife loves the reliability from Toyota. We had a 4Runner and traded it in for a Sequoia back in 2013. We are now at 200K and nothing wrong with it. My wife wants a new Sequoia and that looks like the way we will go.

I'd be happy to write you a letter of recommendation, lol.

Would have loved to move to Boston, but as mentioned there's really only 2 places you can be in tech now....at least in a management position

Back