Shot Scope X5 Adds Hole Maps

This is fantastic! Seeing the 3 club distances from the tee box will really help on new courses, and should help me play smarter at my home course, too.

I am curious about what par 3 holes will look like. Will club distances be shown or just distances to front middle and back?

Saw this on socials. It's the one thing that all watches have lacked so far. I'll be really interested in THPer feedback as I'm starting my first year with SS. This may just be what pushes me to go X5 over H4 at some point.

Need to update my watch when I get home from work. Hopefully I can sneak in at least 9 sometime this week.

This could get over the Shotscope world. I currently use a Garmin S42. Love the full hole functionality of the G70, but $699 for a golf watch was just too much. If I can get that same functionality for $299 with Shotscope….

updated firmware. Should be getting out to play today.

I missed this post last week! Holy moly, I love this. I've been "needing" to upgrade from my V3 and now I feel like it's time to stop putting it off. I already love my Shot Scope experience, but this is huge (for me).

Fun!

Who is getting out mid-week to give this a run?
I played this morning after doing the firmware upgrade and re-pairing my device with the app (iPhone). I looked at the whole hole view but didn't use it for any yardages or anything. It is just too small to have that great of a value, but that is just me. You do still have the other screens for yardages to and over hazards, and layups, so you can still get those yardages without using the graphical view of the hole. It could be of value on courses one is not familiar with, though I personally would resort to using the app on the phone in that instance. The course where I belong has really very few hazards off the tee, where utilizing the P-AVG distances have any impact.

Having never used any other watch that depicts the whole hole, I can't say how it compares. For those who want the convenience of using a graphical view on their wrist, it is a great, added feature. At the end of the round, after synching it to the app, I still had 59% battery left. I usually have a little more, but I did do the firmware update and have it on a little longer than normal. I wish in settings you could choose yes or no to the whole hole view as that is another screen you have to scroll through to see other screens, and yes or no to the graphical green view, though that isn't intrusive at all as you have to scroll the other way from the F/M/B screen.

I played this morning after doing the firmware upgrade and re-pairing my device with the app (iPhone). I looked at the whole hole view but didn't use it for any yardages or anything. It is just too small to have that great of a value, but that is just me. You do still have the other screens for yardages to and over hazards, and layups, so you can still get those yardages without using the graphical view of the hole. It could be of value on courses one is not familiar with, though I personally would resort to using the app on the phone in that instance. The course where I belong has really very few hazards off the tee, where utilizing the P-AVG distances have any impact.

Having never used any other watch that depicts the whole hole, I can't say how it compares. For those who want the convenience of using a graphical view on their wrist, it is a great, added feature. At the end of the round, after synching it to the app, I still had 59% battery left. I usually have a little more, but I did do the firmware update and have it on a little longer than normal. I wish in settings you could choose yes or no to the whole hole view as that is another screen you have to scroll through to see other screens, and yes or no to the graphical green view, though that isn't intrusive at all as you have to scroll the other way from the F/M/B screen.
Having the option to select which additional screens are slideable to would be a nice feature.

I have always had trouble with a hole on a course near me where you tee off to an "island" as a layup and then need to hit from the island to the green. Its not easy to laser because it is sloped so the back side of the island you can not see from the tee box. I was able to use the new hole feature this morning to card my best score on the hole.

I REALLY enjoy the new feature and found myself using it almost every hole just to drag the distance around to thing and get a visual representation rather then just numbers.

I actually think I used it to see where the front of the green was and hazards more than just using the numbers.

IMG_0057.jpeg

this might cause a long morning meeting at work to be scheduled this week.

Nice new feature. I'm not a watch guy myself but good for those that wear them.

I have been waiting for this since getting the X5! Can't wait to download the firmware and try this out. Up till now I've just been using the satellite images on TheGrint, will be nice to not have to go back to the bag/cart!

I do like the layup view. Could see that coming in handy.

IMG_0061.jpeg

That picture has a watch face 4" in diameter on my computer, while the watch IRL is less than 1 1/2 inches in diameter. If that hole view looked that big when actually wearing the watch, I'd switch to using it in a heartbeat! :LOL:

Keep us posted on the battery life after the update and using the hole maps.
9 hole round, non tracking. About 1 hr 40 minutes and it took 21%.

Just updated my firmware! This is going to be awesome

Welp, looks like it's time to ditch Arccos finally. This is awesome and still no subscription. Plus they don't care to update the system on the Android side of things... With this, I don't have to worry about that and it has just as awesome of features.

Welp, looks like it's time to ditch Arccos finally. This is awesome and still no subscription. Plus they don't care to update the system on the Android side of things... With this, I don't have to worry about that and it has just as awesome of features.
As someone who left Arccos a long time ago - It is a no brainer.

this is a fantastic update for ShotScope! Love they are adding this - hoping we will also get green maps at some point

No annual fee, great stats and insights, constant firmware updates - and they support THP and are available here to troubleshoot stuff all the time.
Appreciate the info! My subscription ends Saturday. Instead, I'm gonna buy this system and say bye to Arccos. I'm pumped! 😀

Back