Shot Scope X5 Adds Hole Maps

Appreciate the info! My subscription ends Saturday. Instead, I'm gonna buy this system and say bye to Arccos. I'm pumped! 😀
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

New firmware is going in now. Excited to check this out next time I play

Yes that is sweet! Cant wait to get to try this out!

I'm updating now and looking forward to seeing what my next round is. I am still struggling with getting my putter to track correctly. Other than that, the product works pretty seamlessly. Other than putts my only issues are when I bring 2 clubs with me for a shot and it doesn't grab one of them and it thinks my previous shot was the yards for both shots. i.e. I hit my driver and then bring a 7 and 8 iron with me, hit that shot, and end up with a 25-yard chip. It thinks I hit my driver to where the chip was.

I'm updating now and looking forward to seeing what my next round is. I am still struggling with getting my putter to track correctly. Other than that, the product works pretty seamlessly. Other than putts my only issues are when I bring 2 clubs with me for a shot and it doesn't grab one of them and it thinks my previous shot was the yards for both shots. i.e. I hit my driver and then bring a 7 and 8 iron with me, hit that shot, and end up with a 25-yard chip. It thinks I hit my driver to where the chip was.
What is the issue with tracking putts? Are you using the Auto or Manual method? In Auto mode, if a putt is not sensed it will default to a 2-foot putt. Also, when marking the hole location, choose the number that accounts for the number of times you used the putter, even if one or more of those times was from off the green, not just the number of actual putts taken while on the green. The system will sort out which are real putts from "chips" using the putter. In Manual mode, you will have to make sure the Pin Collect screen is showing, even if you are off the green, to mark the location of each time using the putter. You can go into the Game Menu to select the Pin Collect screen if it isn't showing.

As far as the other issues, use the "Tags" reading function in Settings and make sure the tags are recognized. If they are good, make sure you are using the "Show Club" function in settings and look at the watch before hitting the shot and see if the club has registered. Take a couple of practice swings, don't "choke down" on a club until it is registered, and maybe even tap the watchband with the tag.

I used this feature twice tonight to see how far it was to get to a safe landing spot past a hazard. In this application I felt it was faster than getting out a rangefinder, plus one of the landing spots was blind anyway. For these 2 particular hazards it was also arguably better than using the hazard distance feature as you need to clear more than just the defining edge of the hazard in these 2 cases. There are a few additional holes on my home course that I expect it will be very handy for layups.

Real test will be going to a new course and seeing if the watch map on its own is enough to get around.

What is the issue with tracking putts? Are you using the Auto or Manual method? In Auto mode, if a putt is not sensed it will default to a 2-foot putt. Also, when marking the hole location, choose the number that accounts for the number of times you used the putter, even if one or more of those times was from off the green, not just the number of actual putts taken while on the green. The system will sort out which are real putts from "chips" using the putter. In Manual mode, you will have to make sure the Pin Collect screen is showing, even if you are off the green, to mark the location of each time using the putter. You can go into the Game Menu to select the Pin Collect screen if it isn't showing.

As far as the other issues, use the "Tags" reading function in Settings and make sure the tags are recognized. If they are good, make sure you are using the "Show Club" function in settings and look at the watch before hitting the shot and see if the club has registered. Take a couple of practice swings, don't "choke down" on a club until it is registered, and maybe even tap the watchband with the tag.
It’s mostly an ID10T problem. I forget to track them while on on the green and then don’t remember where I putted from.

The multiple club things is exactly what you’re pointing out. I’m a walk up and whack it once I’m there.

We know THPers have been waiting for them.

Shot Scope (www.shotscope.com), the golf industry-leader in advanced GPS and shot tracking technology, today unveiled full hole maps, a revolutionary feature for the Company’s X5 Golf Watch that displays a golfer’s personal club distances through an interactive map, enabling pinpoint shot making for golfers.

Available on over 36,000 preloaded golf courses worldwide, full hole maps, are available for free via a firmware update to any Shot Scope X5 user and provide a detailed layout of every hole with distances to the pin and middle of the green. This advanced technology allows the golfer to access personalized P-Avg. distances on the X5 for their 3 longest clubs to aid on-course strategy by making better decisions off the tee. P-Avg. is Shot Scope's unique algorithm to give the golfer a true representation of the distance a well struck golf shot travels, while removing outliers. By adding P-Avg. distances to the hole maps on X5, it becomes the most accurate and informative hole map on the market. With this feature, Shot Scope is now providing golfers with their off course data whilst on the course - in addition to the standard GPS distances and course information - the perfect combination to drive improvement.

Equally important, an adjustable distance line enables the golfer to scroll up or down to find the right landing area on the fairway and avoid hazards. The full hole map also features a zoom map that allows the golfer to simply tap on the screen to get a distance anywhere on the hole, while 100-, 150-, and 200-yard lay-up distances can be displayed on every hole.

“The addition of full hole maps to the X5 is something existing users can really make use of, seeing how the bank of statistics they’ve already collected can be used to inform their round as they take on each hole,” comments David Hunter, Chief Executive Officer at Shot Scope.

“As a free upgrade and with no subscription fees, these map features further validate Shot Scope’s power in connecting data and golfers, as we continue to redefine the GPS watch category with the best products at unbeatable price points.”

The new hole maps further establishes the X5 as a GPS golf watch with unmatched performance qualities including automatic performance tracking and over 100 statistics including Strokes Gained. Real-time distances to all greens, hazards, and doglegs on over 36,000 preloaded courses worldwide ensure you have everything you need on your wrist while you play.

Available at an unbeatable $299.99 price point the X5 is part of Shot Scope’s affordable high-tech GPS and performance tracking products that have NO subscription fees and free firmware updates.

View attachment 9245725

View attachment 9245726
I can't wait to try this feature out. It was the one feature I was excited to see!

Oh man after listening to @GavinwithaR1 on the Off Course podcast I cannot wait to start playing some golf and using this feature.

Here's a type of shot I'm finding the layup view on the hole maps to be helpful. This is a par 5 2nd shot that is nearly always a layup. Not a lot of visual help on the shot, so the rings contextualize things a bit. Like the rest of the watch's UI, I would be happier if dragging the distance ring on the map view was a little bit snappier.

729C0D0D-758C-4264-9593-5BC5C095358E.jpeg

61D047C1-C976-416F-A76C-C9723F60355E.jpeg

Maybe this is the week ! Excited to see it in action for other THPers

I was a fan with the maps. Need to see how it works on a course I’m not super familiar with.

I would like it if they could identify specify if trees, or groups of trees, that are clearly in play.

Haven't had a chance to play a round with the X5 yet but have 2 years worth of rounds logged with the H4. When I look at my Performance Average distances on the X5, the numbers and club tags are wrong, will this correct when I get on the course for the first time or is something wrong? I've updated the firmware and disconnected/reconnected the watch a couple of times to complete the update

Haven't had a chance to play a round with the X5 yet but have 2 years worth of rounds logged with the H4. When I look at my Performance Average distances on the X5, the numbers and club tags are wrong, will this correct when I get on the course for the first time or is something wrong? I've updated the firmware and disconnected/reconnected the watch a couple of times to complete the update
I believe you have to finish your first round to get those into the maps.

Pretty sure you need 5 rounds for perf avgs

So five after the firmware upgrade?
No, I thought it was at least five when starting out??? I could be mistaken on that but I swear I read it in the manual or something

"Performance Average uses algorithms to remove all outlier shot distances (both long and short) to give the golfer a true representation of the distance a well struck golf shot travels. The issue with just an average distance is that if you hit a tree 40 yards in front of you this is included in that statistic as does a shot caught clean then bounds down a cart path.
When deciding how far you hit each club we would suggest to take the P-AVG distances over the average distances.
The P-AVG will take some time until the algorithm kicks in, until then the system will half the total distance, after you have played around 5 rounds you should start to get some P-AVG distances with your clubs. The more shots you take the more accurate the P-AVG gets.
Any shot marked as a positional shot or a shot hit within 50 yards of the pin is not included in either the Average or P-AVG calculations."

No, I thought it was at least five when starting out??? I could be mistaken on that but I swear I read it in the manual or something
I have upwards of 100 rounds logged since I had been using the H4 before getting the X5. What is odd to me is that its showing me P-Avg Values but for tags I don't even have clubs assigned to, which makes me think it's a placeholder, however I don't understand why it wouldn't be pulling my data in yet since it's already in the database and the watch can only get those numbers through being connected to the app.

If it's true that you need to play a round (or 5 after the firmware update) to "establish" the numbers, maybe the transfer happens when you upload a round from the watch to the app? I guess I'll find out on Saturday after my round

Ordered the X5 system and should be here in the next few days! Left Arccos and want to give this a try. I'm excited to say the least. 🙂

I'm 2 rounds in with the maps and love the added feature. So nice to quickly see an overhead shot with distances

5 rounds in your account for performance average.

The more rounds, the more accurate it will get.
Any suggestions to get these showing correctly on the X5? I have 2 years worth of rounds logged in the system and played 2 rounds this weekend with the X5 but I'm still getting incorrect tags and distances showing on the watch. I did a hard reset, factory reset, reinstalled the firmware, etc. Everything worked great during the rounds except the P-Avg Values

Any suggestions to get these showing correctly on the X5? I have 2 years worth of rounds logged in the system and played 2 rounds this weekend with the X5 but I'm still getting incorrect tags and distances showing on the watch. I did a hard reset, factory reset, reinstalled the firmware, etc. Everything worked great during the rounds except the P-Avg Values
What clubs are you expecting to be shown, and what clubs are being shown? The hole view:

"...your longest 3 clubs will be available to overlay on the map.
The orange P-Avg distance line will display on all Par 4 and 5 holes. P-Avg distances will not show on Par 3’s, alternatively the white distance line will display.

By default X5 will display your longest club but you can easily change club by selecting ‘P-Avg Distance’ in the menu or taping the club tag. A white distance line is available on all holes. Simply swipe up or down on the screen and you will adjust the position of the distance line on the hole."

If you haven't already, get in touch with the guys at support@shotscope.com. They will get back to you asap and be able to check all of this out.

Back