Does your course have online tee time booking?

Had one at the former course and year 1 was brutal, the system would crash all the time and it would make me reset my password every time I tried to login. Last year was a little better, but there was still some hiccups. The new club I joined has one but I haven’t had a chance to try to login yet as our season won’t be starting for another few weeks.

I don't know of a club near me that doesn't use online. All of them are online or phone if you want to speak to a person. I find it much easier to do online though. I suspect a couple of the super private ones would be different but I'll never know!

You wait at the first tee box with your group. It is never a long wait to make me want to go back home. And if you are impatient and no one is coming up on 9 you can start at 10.
Many years ago I played at a private club with no tee times. It was amazing how well it worked and how considerate the members were. But I guess they'd been that way for a century or more and anyone not willing to work with the no-tee-time deal would just not be a member of that particular club. I thought it was daft at first but gradually realized it was no big deal. It worked fine, there.

We did last year but the workers complained about it CONSTANTLY so I’m not sure we will see it again this year

Yes, finally!

Online. It's easy to book and make changes.

Yes mine does. Pretty simple, can book up to about an hour in advance then they close down. However, if you call them after that and they have openings they just write your name on the sheet and you're good to go.

On our system, one of the best things is that you can book a time as a single. The biggest drawback is that the booking removes the time from available inventory. The other 3 spots are not available to book online or by phone. I kind of get why but it is incredibly inefficient and I don't like it. It goes back to the pre-online days when you could call and get a tee time. They'd ask how many and most would say 4 because don't know if 1 more or 3 more might show up and they don't want to get booked with singles or others to fill out the group. The course allows it because they don't want to deal with letting the empty spots in a group be booked and then have the original player show up with people who want to play. Even if they have 4, one will book the spot as a single so they can avoid pre-paying for the other players in the group. Members do it to avoid playing with someone other than their usual playing partners. The course loses money on it but won't change.

Yes, our course uses an online system, and it has some positives and negatives about it. It may be run by Golf Now, but I'm not sure. The good is that it is easy to use and tee times are spread 10-minutes apart. The bad is that tee times open up 10 days in advance for members, but at midnight exactly 10 days before. So for us to make sure we get out first on weekdays, one of us has to book our tee time sometime in the middle of the night, though not necessarily right at midnight. Being old, at least one of us is up in the middle of the night to relieve ourselves.

We do.
They still do both but their online is really good (tells how many slots are available for each tee time etc.)

One does & one doesn't, both private.
The one that does is kinda useless for me as we're non-resident members and can book a few days early with a call but not online. Our home course has the same system but no online option. It's annoying but at the same time, they tried online for the member guest and crashed within 45 seconds. I doubt they try that again.

My home course has an online system you can access via the web as well as an app that runs on iOS or android

Specifically if you belong to a club, does your course have an online tee time system? Or is it all via phone or in person?

Mine is adding a POS and online system come 4/1 and I’m really excited about it, but it got me wondering how many private/semi-private courses are modernizing like that versus staying true to the way it’s always been done.
Our Club has an online system and it works great . You can make times a week out. The only problem was sometimes multiple people from regular groups would jump at 700am when booking opened all trying to get a tee time they wanted. The problem was if they got multiple times they would not jump back in and cancel the other times. I get it. If you and i were in a group and we both tried to get a time we wanted for our group the thing to do would be to immediately text each other and one of us cancel a time. Most did but some didnt. I know the Club dealt with it and warned people if they continued to do that they would lose tee time priveleges.

Last edited:
yes. We technically have two clubs and have online access to both tee sheets. can make tee time a week and a half out. anything further than that has to be made by the pro and have a reason.

Yes it does. They just changed systems and it looks like the upgrade will be much better.
Same as Jeff, if you're talking about Windmill.

Yes we do. But we have men’s and ladies groups that play at specific times and dates with block tee times so I don’t use the booking system much, only when playing outside the regular blocked tee times.

You wait at the first tee box with your group. It is never a long wait to make me want to go back home. And if you are impatient and no one is coming up on 9 you can start at 10.
That's not bad at all 👍🏼

My club is semi-private and has an online booking system. Last 5 years has been a popular 3rd party booking system. Members get 7 day advance booking vs. 6 days for non-members.

I have lived in two parts of the country recently. Not only have the local clubs I've belonged to all had online reservations, but I can't think of a single course in either locale that doesn't have an online tee time reservation system.

A few have restrictions on making online reservations. Like, some won't let you book a tee time as a single or as a single when a tee time has 2 or more slots available at that tee time. But they all have online reservation systems.

Yes, but I’m kind of old school and prefer to call my usual tracks

They do....but I refuse to use it. It uses the golfnow system. I once religiously used it. Several years ago I had a terrible experience. Twice. I called and canceled tee times because of the weather. (You can't cancel on-line. ) The course failed to cancel correctly. I was charged for 4 tee times each time by Golfnow who said I just didn't show up. It took me several months each time to get my refund from Golfnow. Never again. Now I always call to book. No issues.

My course does not and I don't see it anytime in the foreseeable future. Up until the last two years I didn't even have to really make a tee time. Could just show up and play, but COVID and the course getting busier (and that's a good thing) we have to book via phone or in person.

In Alabama with the RTJ Trail we have on-line reservations but it’s not exactly smooth sailing but then again it’s run by the state I believe. I find it easier to call. Plus you have to reserve with a credit card on line and you don’t when you call. Had a friend get his card dinged for over $200 because his cancelation of a foursome didn’t save. Or at least that what he claimed. They did end up giving him course credit but not as good as a refund.

Yes, powered by ForeTees. There have been issues, but overall it has worked pretty well, and has improved over time. Biggest issue was people using bots to book tee times.

Back