Does your course have online tee time booking?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Specifically if you belong to a club, does your course have an online tee time system? Or is it all via phone or in person?

Mine is adding a POS and online system come 4/1 and I’m really excited about it, but it got me wondering how many private/semi-private courses are modernizing like that versus staying true to the way it’s always been done.

We do.

We currently do not. We only require tee times on the weekends and holidays before noon.

I've been a member at 3 different clubs over 17+ years and all of them have always had online booking. It's the same system they all use up here but unsure what it's called

On weekends usually it's a ballot system. So you don't book the actual tee time, just put in your request and the starter usually puts you in close to that

I am at a private club and we have an online booking system.

Mine doesn't have tee times of any variety...

My old club did. It was nice and definitely necessary as tee sheets were packed on weekends

Of the 2 courses I worked at in college. They Both had POS systems but the Private course you had to call in or book them in person. The Public course had online booking, and at that time it was kind of a hassle to deal with.

My local course still just uses a paper tee sheet.

The cash register at my club is from 1983. Pretty sure the scorecard has not been updated since the course was re-rated last fall. My buddies who are not members never have any idea what they will be charged to play on any given day. There's an absolute refusal to put any kind of craft beer into rotation.

But the course is in great shape most of the time ....

Members get standing tee times - so I only have to call in when something changes. I asked about on-line and the response had something to do with the cost being pretty high - so they are sticking with a pencil filled in t-sheet.

See, this was my argument when I joined a year ago, there’s no reason to not have an online system. I think it’s been in the works as the changeover has taken place with Pro/GM, they’re really bringing the course more to modern times and that excites me.

I know I’ll play a LOT more knowing I can hop on and see what’s available.

Our online booking is dumb. If you are a single, and there are 4 tee times available (for a given time slot), you can not book. You have to call in, or book 2 or more (can't delete one tee time later either, must delete both tee times).

Yessir. It's easy and a great to book tee times

the club were looking at has online booking for the restaurant and tee times.

It actually got me thinking that I wish a lot of the stay and play resort type places had more options to book and select tee times and all that online

Yes almost always book through our clubs app

People abuse it though and hold several prime tee times the second the system opens (7days prior) and then back out later.

No, I suspect the reason is that online booking would prevent the head pro and pro shop staff from playing favorites when handing out tee times to all the many standing groups who book blocks of 3-6 tee times. It's a real juggling act in prime season and seems to be based on some combination of how long the groups have been playing together, what groups include the head pro's buddies and who has the most pull to make the pro's life miserable if he annoys them. All the while, keeping rank and file foursomes and solo artists like myself from getting totally shafted. It's tricky and I think trying to do it with an online system would turn into a right barney.

Semi and Yes

Public course, they never switched back to phone or walk ups since the covid move to online reservations only.

Yes and so does my secondary course, though the second course doesn’t allow singles to book online which I don’t like. Have to call.

Ours does. It's the only way I book. Very nice to be able to see the tee sheet 2 weeks out (and book as well). I think for online booking you have to do it at least 2 hours ahead of time.

We currently do not. We only require tee times on the weekends and holidays before noon.
How does it work without needing a tee time?

Yes. We use a system called Tee-On, that manages tee sheets for several semi-private clubs in our area. Very easy to use.

How does it work without needing a tee time?
You wait at the first tee box with your group. It is never a long wait to make me want to go back home. And if you are impatient and no one is coming up on 9 you can start at 10.

Back