CONTEST Live Update Thread - The 2024 GOAT Cup with Callaway Golf

gotta go back through this all today. Ended up having a waaaaay busier day than expected. But, from what ive read thus far.......today sounded and looked awesome! Keep it up tomorrow everyone and have a blast!

The putter story goes... I have an old TaylorMade center shaft putter and have not been able to confidently replace it. I've purchased center shaft Odyssey V-line and EXO 7, the Microhinge insert felt a bit soft. I tried a heel shafted Triple Track Marxman and even with the alignment I'm still not comfortable with alignment or my constant need to turn over the toe feeling of a heel shafted putter. I now have a 2023 Tri-hot 5K 7 and really like white hot insert but stil not 100% comfortable with the double bend heel shaft. So i reached out to Mr Finley to find out if he had a channel where I could "get a #7 ish, white hot insert, center shafted, 35, 36, 37" 3-4* lofted center shaft putter"

@JasonFinleyCG response was all I could hope for "Will see if i can get one through Tour. No promises but will see what we can do"

Fast forward a few weeks and the words turn to "There may be something waiting for you when you get to Briggs!"

Get to today and utter joy, amazement, disbelief, thankfulness (word???) at what I received... I still have not been informed of the cost but I will happily do what is requested.

View attachment 9248323

View attachment 9248324

View attachment 9248325

View attachment 9248326

View attachment 9248327

I am told it is tour only. I need to get speed ironed out a bit (as well as the Briggs greens) but the new putter will be in play later today.

Getting late and the competition starts early... Good night all and thank you for your support.
So incredibly cool. I’m happy for you and hope it shines on the greens for you for years to come! I heart me some Callaway!

Great day and evening gentlemen, enjoy singles tomorrow! Thanks for keeping us in the loop, it's been a fun follow so far! 🙏

100 pages behind… skimming mode engaged 😂

I’m all caught up!!! Great food! Great conversations and questions! Let’s go Team Finley!!! Have a day tomorrow!!!

It was great catching up, really enjoyed seeing folks by the fire at the end of the evening. Have a great day and hit em well!

Wow, finally caught up with the food pics and the rest of the night 😍

Still some matches to go through but that was a hell of a day and great seeing all the participants enjoying themselves.

I definitely looked at the food pics a bit differently now that I know I'm going to Briggs Ranch!

Big props to the teams for the updates and relaying the questions and answers. And as always, thanks @jlew for the scorecard!

Good luck today gents, will be an awesome follow with this tight race. Looking forward to how singles pan out whether it’s down to the last putt or a boat race I can’t wait.

Here we go.
Final day of the Goat Cup is here!

I don’t get to eat pecans due to my wife’s allergy unless I am out of town. That sounds amazing!
Hopefully some pecan pie for you ... and me at the NFL experience.

People are being triggered by salads. I don’t quite understand this… lol
Yeah I'm not following. Salads are great, I agree with @Templet0n that putting ranch on it ruins it - but I'm not going to argue with a nice salad most nights.

Finally got caught up after crazy day at work yesterday! Great matches, Briggs Ranch rocking it on all accounts. Have a great day fellas and play well.

I was only about 12 pages back, all caught up and ready for the final day here!

Closing day LFG!!!

GL today everyone

Greatness awaits boys!

golden state warriors kids rings GIF by NBA

Best of luck today guys! Cannot wait to follow along for singles

Good luck to all today. Hit them well but not often.

Singles day. Wonder if some of the phenomenal scoring we’ve seen so far will carry over to singles play!

Have fun out there fellas and soak it all in.

Back