2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

Fitting today and tried out the T200’s vs Callaway Pro’s, ZX5 MKII, and i530’s they were middle of the pack for me. They looked good down by the ball but the chrome wasn’t my favorite shape was nice as well.

Irons were sharp yesterday. Here is one shot I can’t imagine pulling off with previous irons. This green is so well protected and small , with the flag on left. I just hit 6i iron hoping to catch right side of green and stick. Which I did.

IMG_0481.png

How does the t200 PW and GW feel around the green and for pitch shots?

they're running a giveaway of a set of T-series irons to go with it.
- subscribe to the YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@titleist
- make a comment on the Finding Feel video:

the episode is so good. the sound recordings at the 5-minute mark definitely make the pleasure centers in your brain light up!

This was really good

They feel great. I typically use my 54* around the greens but at the end of the season was using the GW quite a bit for the lower flighted more roll out shots.

the 48* GW is my go to club for chipping green side now. It feels great, is similar to contact and getting through the turf as a Vokey, and has some added forgiveness. As long as I am not trying to get something high and to stop quickly, it has been a great club to use, especially once the greens start speeding up.

The T200 2i will be in the bag!

I am back from the Titleist fitting day near me and had a chance to try out the long irons again. I hit the U505 2 iron, T200 3 iron and 2 iron utility builds alongside my hybrid and T200 4i that are already in my bag.

The T200 3i turned out to be another 4i for me. I could hit it further but it usually landed near where an ok to good shot with the 4i was.

The U505 and T200 2i were much better. The U505 is easier to hit and more forgiving but was not traveling as far and was very high and spinny on a lot of shots. This was the same issue I had at last year’s fitting.

The T200 2i utility had much better flight and spin and stayed within my usual target line. (I am not hitting irons well lately, but there were no new surprises on the monitor).

I love the lines of the irons. The thicker head of hybrids and the U505 looks odd to me, and both can get much too high in the air. Most of my shots were between 100 and 120 feet. Add in a lot of back spin and I wasn’t seeing the distance I want at the top of the bag. The T200 stayed around 80-90 feet and I like the consistency of a 2i with my other long irons.

I need to work on iron contact since the pulls are still a factor but based on the numbers, I know why. Here is one of my swings with the T200 2i. Too much spin but good gapping with my 4i.

View attachment 9247384
Yeah, you're letting me hit that 2i next month. :love: Awesome results!!

Regrettably I have no additional round information as I didn't play this past weekend, but I did have a lesson Thursday and oh boy, do I have swing issues...my tee game is a mess and I really need to work on better wedge contact. But the fact that I'm able to hit the T150/200 as well as they have been going lately for me DESPITE those issues is a testament to how forgiving these are, while still looking, feeling and performing amazing. My iron game is even better recently, too, meaning I am really settling in with this set:

vs. 10 cap, strokes gained approaches:
Last 15 rounds: 0.77
Last 10 rounds: 0.98
Last 5 rounds: 1.37
Last round: 1.80

Getting better with time with the T-Series!

Regrettably I have no additional round information as I didn't play this past weekend, but I did have a lesson Thursday and oh boy, do I have swing issues...my tee game is a mess and I really need to work on better wedge contact. But the fact that I'm able to hit the T150/200 as well as they have been going lately for me DESPITE those issues is a testament to how forgiving these are, while still looking, feeling and performing amazing. My iron game is even better recently, too, meaning I am really settling in with this set:

vs. 10 cap, strokes gained approaches:
Last 15 rounds: 0.77
Last 10 rounds: 0.98
Last 5 rounds: 1.37
Last round: 1.80

Getting better with time with the T-Series!
Not that swing issues are good, but they do showcase the forgiveness of the T series. Love hearing about the success of your approach shots even with some swing 'flair'.

Not that swing issues are good, but they do showcase the forgiveness of the T series. Love hearing about the success of your approach shots even with some swing 'flair'.
"Flair" is about the kindest way one could put it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah the improvement is cool, because you can trace it back to right after I got the irons (late Sep), my SG went negative for a bit, and it's been on an upward trend since as I've grooved with them. The December rounds were my best approach stats ever. Tailed off a little in Feb (playing a whole 1 round) but right back in the right place in March so far.

SGironslastyear031124.PNG

Last edited:
Been playing the T150s for about 2 months.. great clubs, very happy I wen tthat way - the one thng I am fighting is the 7 iron.. it is a hot iron for me - sometime when I flush it - it is 15 -20 yards further than it should be. none of the other shorter irons like the 8 does this .

Some range time to work out the swing and pulling shots left. Finally started seeing better alignment, but even with shots being hit with closed and open faces, I did not see huge curves in either direction. The balls were landing pretty close to my target.

The miss of just left or right of the green is a huge improvement over what my miss was capable of in the past.

Been playing the T150s for about 2 months.. great clubs, very happy I wen tthat way - the one thng I am fighting is the 7 iron.. it is a hot iron for me - sometime when I flush it - it is 15 -20 yards further than it should be. none of the other shorter irons like the 8 does this .
Same here - happened to me on the range this weekend: made the same swing (to the best of my abilities) ten times, and one came out with 10 mph higher ball speed, went 16yd further.
Also happened with the 5 iron, to a lesser extent.
Maybe the speed slot that they have from the 7 iron and higher (lower?) is a bit too much?

I don't think these are supposed to do this 🤔

1000007085.jpg

1000007087.jpg

Anyone wanted to know what the inside of a T350 looks like

1000007086.jpg

I got in a little session on TrackMan today before work. I have a shallow swing, which serves me well sometimes. It also can be an issue with my iron play. I go through periods where I even have a very slightly positive angle of attack with mid to long irons.

One of the things I like about the T150s is that I am able to keep my angle of attack negative, which really makes a difference. This swing below is illustrative of what I was seeing today on good swings. The numbers are truly optimized for my ability. along with what is depicted, the peak height was over one hundred feet. Lots of good stuff there for me.

IMG_6502.jpeg

Going to Virginia this weekend with my wife and plan to get out 4 times and my T150/200 combo’s first outing with me on course. Have been staring at my set in the basement for the past 3+ months so itching at getting them out for a real round.

I forgot to post pictures after I got them re-shafted with my prior Steelfibres. Luckily was able to save my BB&F ferrules.

image.jpgimage.jpg

i had the first outing of the year with a trip to Missouri last weekend. i played poorly overall due to a hip strain and being tired, but when i focused and put my swing on the ball these irons shined as usual. hitting the target and hitting the distance!

i've been trying to start hitting my wedges based more on feel and conditions, so putting that 48* Gap Wedge to gimme range from 81yds with the green 20' uphill above my head was particularly rewarding. similarly i used my 52* Vokey from 93yds to find the green on the 19th hole at Payne's Valley, setting up the only par of our group. really, really great stuff - i just have to let the club do the work, it's better than me...

4.jpg
6.jpg
12.jpg

i had the first outing of the year with a trip to Missouri last weekend. i played poorly overall due to a hip strain and being tired, but when i focused and put my swing on the ball these irons shined as usual. hitting the target and hitting the distance!

i've been trying to start hitting my wedges based more on feel and conditions, so putting that 48* Gap Wedge to gimme range from 81yds with the green 20' uphill above my head was particularly rewarding. similarly i used my 52* Vokey from 93yds to find the green on the 19th hole at Payne's Valley, setting up the only par of our group. really, really great stuff - i just have to let the club do the work, it's better than me...

View attachment 9248993
View attachment 9248994
View attachment 9248995
The short irons and T series wedges in the bag have made it easier to hit wedge shots and gain confidence with partial and shorter shots. Glad the short game is working well! Your long game looks to be in great order, too, based on your overhead images :)

My first round of golf in shorts this year. Funny how much easier it is to swing without 4 layers on...

The greens have firmed up a lot now that we have dried out. Based on how high some bounces were, I was worried about roll out, but the irons spin well and most shots with a 7i or less stayed within feet of the ball mark. Knowing the release has been part of the confidence boost. I am a little annoyed at how often i am testing the short irons from deep fescue...we all play our own game. :rolleyes: But even the 8i gets through the tall stuff well.

Two range sessions helped me work out my left pull with my irons. The irons played well today with positive shots gained based on my 5HC goal. I am still using the 4i a lot and had a day with it. It is the perfect club on 2 short par 4s where marshland cuts through about 240 out. Now that I have shipping info for the 2i, I will have to see how that might fit into my tee game. I am excited to have another club to get me closer to the green after poor drives and windy conditions:

1710525671768.png
Half the ball found my driver face. I am not carrying anything longer than a 4i currently. I hit it well and stayed true and left me shy of the green. Keeping longer shots in check (and in play) has been a huge plus since putting these clubs in the bag.

I played Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was a team event best ball front and alt shot back. I hit some great towering irons with these. One 4i on a long par 3, hit off center and ended up 14 feet from the pin. 3 birdies on front and two on back helped secure a win. I still have no desire to even look at other irons.

My first experience with Titleist irons.

What made me go with Titleist irons ? A couple of years ago, I purchased a set of SM7 Vokey wedges. Loved these wedges so much, I was looking for irons that will perform the same.

When the prices of T100S came down after the release of the T150…..purchased 4-PW set with Project X LZ 5.5. BTW, I played with Mizuno MP-68 for years….

Wow !!!! Is it the Iron Heads ? The lighter shaft (Mizuno had True Temper S300) ? I am even thinking about changing the shafts on my Mizuno MP-68 to this Project X shafts !!!

I love small iron heads, you either flush it….not much to miss 😀. The T100s are the same. In fact if I miss the sweet spot, these Titleist heads are even more forgiving than the MP-68. I can easily hit high shots, low shots….just very responsive.

With the stronger lofts on these T100s, Yup I am at least a club longer than the MP-68. These T100s checks all the boxes for me.

Titleist has not disappointed me !!!! I can only imagine how much better the new T150’s are !!!

The T200 2i should arrive tomorrow! The T series irons have been the best addition to my bag in years and I am making sure the top and bottom of the bag work/gap well with the irons.

The 48* has been one of the more versatile clubs for me and my wedges need to work around it, versus making adjustments to the 48. Time to think about adjusting my wedge lofts.

Continued dry conditions didn’t penalize long approaches in over the weekend. Hitting 7, 6, even a 4 iron into greens held well with 1-2 yards of roll out (assuming I hit the green 😜)

6i roll out of 6ish feet:
IMG_9004.jpeg

7 iron roll out of 4ish feet:
IMG_9005.jpeg

Iron shots and approaches are an area I want to improve the most and these irons have helped start the process.

The T200 2i should arrive tomorrow! The T series irons have been the best addition to my bag in years and I am making sure the top and bottom of the bag work/gap well with the irons.

The 48* has been one of the more versatile clubs for me and my wedges need to work around it, versus making adjustments to the 48. Time to think about adjusting my wedge lofts.

Continued dry conditions didn’t penalize long approaches in over the weekend. Hitting 7, 6, even a 4 iron into greens held well with 1-2 yards of roll out (assuming I hit the green 😜)

6i roll out of 6ish feet:
View attachment 9249625

7 iron roll out of 4ish feet:
View attachment 9249628

Iron shots and approaches are an area I want to improve the most and these irons have helped start the process.
What a lovely sight!!
May I ask regarding your 48: What distances do you have between you PW - Gap - 54*?

What a lovely sight!!
May I ask regarding your 48: What distances do you have between you PW - Gap - 54*?
PW 135 yards
48* GW 122 yards
54* SW 95 yards

I treat my PW as a 10 iron and only hit full shots with it. The 48* GW begins where I will hit partial shots and adjust where the ball is in my stance. My SW and LW add open faced shots and green side bunkers.

The other fault is that i went with stock wedge shafts. After a demo day it was recommended to go with something closer to or the same as my irons. My wedges go very high.

Back