What Are You Working On?

Nothing goofy about exploring boundaries, that's where fun is hidden. It's a good move you have, I wouldn't mess too much with it except if tweaking for trajectory control.
it’s been a long process.Next is just trust and keep going forward

Grip. Out. Of. Palm.

lobs and pitches from 30-60 yards away
Settingmy feet closer to gether and swivel the synch my heels of my feet
definitley easier to create a proper pace for distance control

Listening to “The Three Principles of Outstanding Golf” and starting to be curious if being aware of awareness will work. It’s an interesting concept and I’ve always struggled to feel whether the club face is slightly open at impact so am following some of the guidance to see if I can become more aware of the impact club face angle.

A

Always working on the inside takeaway for me. It's getting slowly better and it's really helping me get a better path and square the face better.

Routine for chipping and putting. I m not a player that likes to wipe the putter blade with my hand but for trickier breaking putts that run like a draw I like either tap the toe or wipe the toe with my hand.
I prefer to either rest the heel of the putter on the ground or wipe the blade with my pant Leg from the heel
When I’m fixing ball marks. I use the tool with my right hand and tap the ball mark I fixed with the heel of the putter with my left arm

Last edited:
TEMPO

I might be about to find out what I should be working on. Golftec swing Eval in 20 mins.

I’m in the Phil camp with simple chipping and putting. All my weight on my front foot for soft chips/putts. Ball slightly forward
If I want lower chip that run more or longer putt. I will place all my weight on my back foot and LEAVE IT THERE during my entire stroke. Ball goes back but more to the middle not near the back foot
Putting is not fun.

Right now. I am trying to get my body right.. I feel locked up and immobile..

Working on swinging and striking the ball instead of trying to guide it.

Working on using the balls of my feet on the green to feel the slope walking straight up from low point to high point and straddle the putt with with the balls of my feet
Squatting is helping my get my weight off my heels I’m start to squat on short chip too for the preshot routine. Experiment with various toe in/out positions during setup depending on the type of breaking chip

I’m in the Phil camp with simple chipping and putting. All my weight on my front foot for soft chips/putts. Ball slightly forward
If I want lower chip that run more or longer putt. I will place all my weight on my back foot and LEAVE IT THERE during my entire stroke. Ball goes back but more to the middle not near the back foot
Putting is not fun.
Some of that seems backward or wrong to me. Generally, it's ball moved back in your stance to produce a lower chip that runs out more and you always want weight on the front foot, not the back foot. The latter will move the bottoming-out spot of your chip way back and produce chunks or blades because you bottom out behind the ball.

Continuing to work on my wedge play, mainly tempo and positioning. Today was the first day where I felt I was starting to control the flight and spin. Distance control was on point

Will be working on turning through the ball instead of backing away.

Some of that seems backward or wrong to me. Generally, it's ball moved back in your stance to produce a lower chip that runs out more and you always want weight on the front foot, not the back foot. The latter will move the bottoming-out spot of your chip way back and produce chunks or blades because you bottom out behind the ball.
Yes may be right When I was doing chipping practice my method worked as it does on the chipping green but
, Then I went to the course next day and I was very inconsistent with my chipping with different lies/ scenerios especially getting to much fluff under the ball
Will reset and start the motion with my arms rather than focus on my legs . Maybe I try to set feet closer together and minimize any weight changes in chipping , I have a hard time keeping my weight on my front unless i stand with my feet closer together

Yes may be right When I was doing chipping practice my method worked as it does on the chipping green but
, Then I went to the course next day and I was very inconsistent with my chipping with different lies/ scenerios especially getting to much fluff under the ball
Will reset and start the motion with my arms rather than focus on my legs . Maybe I try to set feet closer together and minimize any weight changes in chipping , I have a hard time keeping my weight on my front unless i stand with my feet closer together
Feet closer together also helps keep the bottoming-out point of the club more consistent. If your feet are wide, there is a lot of room between them where the club can bottom out depending on where your weight and sternum is in relation to the ball. With feet together it forces you to keep the weight within a tighter range.

Feet closer together also helps keep the bottoming-out point of the club more consistent. If your feet are wide, there is a lot of room between them where the club can bottom out depending on where your weight and sternum is in relation to the ball. With feet together it forces you to keep the weight within a tighter range.
Yes also. I think I prefer all weight on my back foot for what ever reason. Having my feet together evens the foot pressure and I feel that it’s 50;50. Though I do like pressure over my heels

Either a line or a dot on the ball.
My putting is horrendous
Went to play a round and after not playing for 6 months I look like I never putted in my life.
I need to look at something more specific on the ball. And need to commit a spot on the green to putt too

Working on keeping the clubface more closed and outside my hands on the backswing, and getting my hands more ahead of the club on the downswing

EEF2ED7E-D869-4CB2-BD56-75844764FA07.jpeg

25D18678-7C2E-4436-BDB2-3023E1AD85C3.jpeg

putting and greenside chipping .
Again what works on the range/ practice range do not translate on the course
putting and chipping is more of an art than a science
where as the full swing is more an science

60-100 yard pitch shots
using a 52 degree / 48 degree wedges .
60-80 yards keep face open and soft floaty lob
80-100 yards squarer face and lower driving pitch
will try a 9 iron too but I think I will stick to PW and GW

Back