What is the hardest shot in golf?

Pitch shot over a bunker when short sided, downhill to the flag, a super naked tight lie and water on the other side of the green if it rolls off ect. Best case on these is 15-20ft past the hole. Worst case is well…several of these. Very hard shot and not many safe options either.

Either bunker shots off a downslope, or a downslope pitch shot to a green that's running away from you.

The 60-70 yard up hill shot to a tightly bunkered narrow portion of the green.

Second is downhill bunker lie with water on other side of the green if you skull it

It’s so funny, @Pops can attest that somehow I’m insanely good at those shots 🤣

But MAN do they suck!

Above my feet i'm a wizard.....below, i'm just hoping not to hosel LOL

Lots of them
Ball in but on edge of bunker feet out of bunker
Buried lie
First tee without warm up
First tee at an event
4-5 footer to win or split a hole or keep a match going
Ball below feet
Deep rough

I’ll stop now

Short sided downhill buried lie in dormant Bermuda

Playing as a single and the group in front lets you pass them. That tee shot is always terrifying.

Downhill lie touch shot over hazard or penalty area.

For me it’s a narrow fairway with OB on one side and water on the other with nowhere to miss.

25-35 yard bunker shot over another bunker. Might as well pick up the ball, toss it in the second bunker, and save some time 🤬
Yep Yes GIF by Rosanna Pansino

I think the bunker shot from around 40 yards.

Any intentional fade 😂 #drawproblems

For me personally, a shot from a downhill lie to an elevated green over water.

This. I was going to respond with all of them but really a forced carry is the hardest.
I tend to overswing / swing quicker and tend to lose them high, short and right.

Lagging long putts. Just can never seem to get them within a high percentage distance from the hole.

40-75 yard bunker shot

Tight lie over a bunker to a short sided pin.

25-35 yard bunker shot over another bunker. Might as well pick up the ball, toss it in the second bunker, and save some time 🤬
Last time I had one of those I managed to catch it thin and hit it 15 yards over the back of the green.

This one
IMG_9268.jpeg

Stiff wind behind me with a guarded Par 3. I'd rather hit into the Wind.

Short sided Flop over a bunker

For me it is definitely ball below my feet

Back