Tour Edge Exotics 723 Fairways and Hybrids

Anybody still playing the C723 fairway woods?

I'm in the western Chicago suburbs, so Tour Edge is local for me. But I'd never really given their clubs much of a chance, because I'm a lefty and historically they haven't been great at offering much for us. But at the Chicago Golf Show this past weekend, I got a chance to demo the C723 driver and 3 wood and really liked both. The 3 wood, especially, sort of seems to be what I was hoping Titleist's TSR woods would be. Shape seems perfect to me, and it felt good off the face.

I was thinking of trying the 3 wood and 5 wood, and maybe even a 4H ... if for no other reason than I have some credit at a major retailer burning a hole in my pocket and want to try some new gear!

I still have the C723 5-wood in the bag, and it will be staying in the bag unless I get a test/review opportunity for something else. I have it lofted down to 16.5* (standard is 18*), so playing more like a 4-wood, and have also played it quite a bit lofted up to 19.5* where it kind of takes the 3-hybrid spot. I've actually thought of getting another one and keeping them both in the bag, one at 16.5 and the other at 19.5, they gap pretty well like that, and at 16.5* it is as long as my previous 15* 3-wood.

I was meant to update this thread after my first round Sunday.

This is a solid, solid club again, even with all the rust of winter trying to be shook off.

For me this is a solid off the tee club, long and straight now that I've figured out the shaft and weight set up. Forgiving off toe & heel strikes, middle strikes disappear down the middle.

Do not look past these clubs.

Anybody still playing the C723 fairway woods?

I'm in the western Chicago suburbs, so Tour Edge is local for me. But I'd never really given their clubs much of a chance, because I'm a lefty and historically they haven't been great at offering much for us. But at the Chicago Golf Show this past weekend, I got a chance to demo the C723 driver and 3 wood and really liked both. The 3 wood, especially, sort of seems to be what I was hoping Titleist's TSR woods would be. Shape seems perfect to me, and it felt good off the face.

I was thinking of trying the 3 wood and 5 wood, and maybe even a 4H ... if for no other reason than I have some credit at a major retailer burning a hole in my pocket and want to try some new gear!
I’m still playing the 5W and 5h. Played the 4H for quite a bit as well, but moved on from that as the gaps in that section of the bag were a little tighter than what I needed.

I played the 5W at 16.5 and it was great off the tee but struggled a little bit off the turf. Some swing changes along with moving the loft to 18 and some shaft tinkering and I think it can be really solid from the turf while maintaining the tee performance. In my experience moving the weight from front to back makes a big difference so you can dial it there to be a bomber or more forgiving.

The hybrid is also great and is pretty unique in the market. It’s a really great option if you want a hybrid for the launch help more than the forgiveness, although it’s fairly forgiving relative to its size.

The 3 wood and 3 & 5 hybrids will be in the bag to start the year with the 723 pro irons.

The 3 wood and 3 & 5 hybrids will be in the bag to start the year with the 723 pro irons.
I really like those 723 pro irons, I probably should have the C723 but they look soo good

I really like those 723 pro irons, I probably should have the C723 but they look soo good
The more I hit them on the sim this winter the more I like them. Real test will be this spring but I can’t see any reason they won’t stay in the bag

These hybrids are hot, I have the c723 3 and 5 in the bag. I am seeing excellent ballspeeds with both for me. The 3 puts me in the low to mid 140’s when swinging well and the 5 is in the in the mid 130’s. Not only are they long but they look and feel great. Can’t wait to hit them off grass. 3 wood is also a rocket launcher in a nice compact head that sits dead square to my eye

The whole 723 lineup is just so good, no wonder Tour Edge is keeping them as the current models for a second year. I play my C723 5-wood lofted down to 16.5* and it is at least as long as my 15* Srixon ZX MKII 3-wood. Easier to hit too, with the 5-wood length shaft.

Reactions: MH
I didn’t see they posted picks of the prototype driver the tour guys are testing and I sure hope that is what is released

I wish my swing was repeatable to make this club work as well as it does.

Hit a couple of really solid shots (& a couple of real stinkers).

If you're not looking and trying this line, you're missing out.

One of my golfing buddies tried my E723 7 wood the other day on a couple of shots at my insistence after less than stellar shots with his 4 hybrid and promptly ordered one.

It is just so easy to hit!

Thanks to Tour Edge, THP, and the extreme luck of getting Purdue, I won a fairway wood!

Having gamed the C721 and loving it, the decision to select the C723 was an easy choice. BUT, for the first time, I didn’t go with the strong 3, and instead the standard 3 as it’s something I’ve wanted to tinker with again after a long time.

Updates when it arrives!

Thanks to Tour Edge, THP, and the extreme luck of getting Purdue, I won a fairway wood!

Having gamed the C721 and loving it, the decision to select the C723 was an easy choice. BUT, for the first time, I didn’t go with the strong 3, and instead the standard 3 as it’s something I’ve wanted to tinker with again after a long time.

Updates when it arrives!
The 15* is a long beast and sets up so nice at address

The 15* is a long beast and sets up so nice at address
I’ve got a long time love of TEE fairways, it’ll have a tough row to hoe against the incumbent in the bag, but I’ll give it a shot!

Updates when it arrives!
You're gonna love it, what shaft is coming with it? (Although we know that won't last long with you 🤣)

You're gonna love it, what shaft is coming with it? (Although we know that won't last long with you 🤣)
Stock X, which is a fun setup for me.

@Jman have you received your fairway?

Thanks to Tour Edge, THP, and Alabama, I won a E723 Hybrid.
I received it while I was at Briggs last weekend.
I went with a #4 with a Tensei AV Blue Regular Flex Shaft.
I'll be putting in to play this weekend and I'll post some thoughts after my play.

First round with the these in the bag, c723 #3 and #5 will be on the course in about 3 hours. I had to decide between the mini and 3 wood so unfortunately the 3 wood may have to stay home today

the 15* fairway stayed home in favor of the TM mini however the 3 & 5 hybrids are so good. Ball flight is high and straight and so easy to hit. If the 3 wood is half as good as these c723 hybrids it will be tough to take out again. Hit the 19*both off the tee and fairway and the results were the same, only hit the 23* in the fairway and got the same high straight ball flight. I know it’s only the first round of the year but these impressed me. Maybe having a sim all winter actually helped me

the 15* fairway stayed home in favor of the TM mini however the 3 & 5 hybrids are so good. Ball flight is high and straight and so easy to hit. If the 3 wood is half as good as these c723 hybrids it will be tough to take out again. Hit the 19*both off the tee and fairway and the results were the same, only hit the 23* in the fairway and got the same high straight ball flight. I know it’s only the first round of the year but these impressed me. Maybe having a sim all winter actually helped me
Sounds like a great outing

Reactions: MH
Back