What's your golf ability?

I make just enough good shots to keep my interest in the game to keep coming back for the next round. Nice weather and good friends make the game enjoyable also. (y)

I putt the ball pretty well. The rest of the game is pretty inconsistent. Short irons are becoming a strong point though.

I'm pretty good at watching where other's balls landed. Mine own its only about 60ft from the teebox and sorta to the right most of the time

I think my "ability" is knowing what I am doing wrong when I have a bad shot. My inability is fixing it because it seems to happen again.

The best part of my game is my short game. I can chip and pitch with the best of them. Getting to within 100 is an absolute chore though. I really struggle with the long clubs which puts me in bad positions off the tee a lot. Then there is a recovery and before I get a chance to get up and down I am already laying 3 or 4 on a lot of par 4's. If I can get near the green in 2 I get a lot of pars and bogeys.

I was thinking yesterday that I actually like playing a little longer courses because even though many of my friends are better at the long game I know on a longer course they are going to miss more greens like me and then we get into pitch and putts on several holes which I will win more than my fair share of against any of them.

My golf ability is my tee game. I've always been pretty consistent with the driver. May not be the longest hitter, but I usually find the fairway, or just off. I've added a 3W to the tee game on narrow par 4's, and this has increased my fairways hit even more. Also, I seem to hit the par 3's really well, and the last round out last year I was on the green with every tee shot on those par 3's.

My mental game has also become an asset. I just enjoy getting out so much, that I don't get frustrated or upset after a few bad shots. I just keep playing, having fun, and my scores have improved because of it.

Kryptonite is my putting, but i'm working on that!

Consistency? Putting? Reading the greens? Overall ability? Work ethic? Playing time?

Personally, distance and playing time are about all that I have going. CHS comes pretty easy, not Long Drive speed but above average. I get summers off, so I get lots of time to play. That being said about everything else is an effort. So what's your fall back that keeps you coming back to play again?
Consistency-NEVER, Putting-soso, Reading greens-soso, Overall ability-soso, work ethic- better than soso, Playing time- never enough!

If I can just get my consistency to soso I think I would be ecstatic! I can hit a shot and just think "man that was beautiful!" and then the next few revert to army golf (left, right,left):ROFLMAO:

Have always been a good green reader. Short game is very good mostly. Have time to play and love to be outdoors enjoying golf. I tend to enjoy visual stimulation of golf. I'm like a kid reading a Playboy when I'm on a golf course.

Based on yesterday's round, I have the uncanny ability to burn the edges of many, many putts, but make few.

Iron distance consistency and touch shots. Probably come from the same skill honestly.

The ability to stay enthusiastic about playing. I can go out in the morning and play like absolute crap and at the end of the round, go oh well, and tee it up for another 18.

Quest for constant improvement.

I make a lot of scrappy/ugly pars, a birdie here and there, still have more good holes than I do bad in a typical round.

It airways used to be about the enjoyment with friends and to an extent the competitive aspect but anymore it's a really enjoyable way to get outside and soak in a little quiet time away from responsibility. More and more though I'm getting a lot of enjoyment from the time playing with my kids on the course or range. It's fun seeing their excitement and hopefully building up their love for the game.

Looking at my game and realizing that I do a couple of things decently, some others okay and some others not well is eye opening. Based on some improvements last year, I guess the things I do decently are distance control with mid and short irons, and putting. Or maybe I was just really bad before and the improvement has me believing that I'm better at it than I am.

I am getting more consistent with my chipping lately. Putting tends to vary depending on the day, but I feel a lot more confident around the green and in the under 120 yard range.

I am not the longest hitter out there, my best asset would have to be my consistency. I do tend to find the fairway on a regular basis and my fairway wood game has become pretty solid because of that :rolleyes:

I am not the longest hitter out there, my best asset would have to be my consistency. I do tend to find the fairway on a regular basis and my fairway wood game has become pretty solid because of that :rolleyes:
You pack a lethal 5wd that doesn't miss.

My personal philosophy is that "you make up with time what you lack in results".

I'm persistent in my pursuit of being a better golfer and am willing to put in the time it takes to get me there.

I would say my wedge game. Pretty confident and consistent with it for the most part.

Negligible! 😂😂. Seriously, I have no particularly good element to my game ... I’m probably average across all aspects.

Back