Is your course cancelling tournaments?

Raiderboost

2023 Victory Cup Participant
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My home course has already cancelled a few tournaments because of Covid. They are talking about going ahead and cancelling all tournaments for the rest of the year. Some of our MGA members have wondered why we couldn't do some of our MGA tournaments with scheduled tee times instead of the shotgun start. This would not be any different from current scheduled tee times. Just have groups turn in their cards when they are done and go home. Usually we have lunch provided by the club before or after the tournament which is part of the entry fee. They could decide not to do that and just increase the amount that goes into the payout.

Our big member guest tournament is supposed to be the end of September. I feel like cancelling it 4 months early is a little extreme and they could hold off a couple months before deciding.

What is your home course doing?

They have, yes. We are expecting an update at the first of the month on the next phase of opening things up. Will have to wait and see what happens.

the city mid-am was supposed to be next week (i think?) but that's been postponed - they're looking at a september date now. that's the only one i know about - not really into the tournament scene (or if one even exists around here).

cancelled some, rescheduled others.

Everything is postponed indefinitely right now. I'm hoping our MGA starts back up in a month or so as the rest of the city opens up.

We had to cancel 3 big tournaments which brought in lots of revenue to the club.

Yeah we rescheduled our Member guest from April to September. They haven't rescheduled any others. Our schedule should be Member Guest in September, club championships in October, and one called the Shorty at the end of October. That is a fun one that is put on by one of the groups as a memorial to past members of the group that have passed away (as well as a squirrel with a cutoff tail that died named Shorty). In November we would have the Memorial cup which is a Ryder Cup style for the top 70 MGA guys that qualify.

Everything is postponed indefinitely right now. I'm hoping our MGA starts back up in a month or so as the rest of the city opens up.
I hope you get to start back up too. I could see holding off on some tournaments right now but think its a little early to cancel some 4-6 months away.

our member member has been cancelled, was going to be at the end of this month.

our member member has been cancelled, was going to be at the end of this month.
That sucks. Hopefully it gets rescheduled for later.

My dad's course has either cancelled or postponed events. Same thing here.

Our chamber of commerce still has their event planned for June 8th. I was not going to play before Covid, but I am surprised they are moving forward as scheduled.

Same here. The one tournament that I get to do for work every year was rescheduled for a Friday instead of Saturday, but what sucks is I was informed today that we will not be putting a team in.

A few were and the Metroparks has less this year. Shotgun starts are going to be banned in Ohio starting later this month so that kills charity scrambles.

We had some cancel in March and April. But they are going on now. Just had one on Sat, with tee times only and results emailed out.

My course is hosting the Women's Texas Open at the beginning of June. So, no cancellations.

Home Course is closed right now.

They cancelled all of the spring events. No hosted tournaments/events obviously and likely the summer tournaments will be cancelled.

We'll see if the fall championship event happens.

They have and we have also not started league yet.

They have and we have also not started league yet.
Yeah we have a weekly 9 hole 4 person scramble that usually starts around now. No word of that starting anytime soon. If they are talking about cancelling tournament in the fall already then I doubt we have this at all.

I think one local course had to cancel one a couple weeks ago, but that's it. They're up and running here. The restaurants and clubhouses just can't go past half capacity, which is beyond easy.

We have cancelled all of our tournaments so far. Since it is 1 per cart they would have to do tee times and it would take the whole day for a tournament and would piss off the non MGA members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local 2 v 2 went off recently with no issue. Imagine things would be back on for the summer.

Yeah we had to cancel nearly all of them, which stinks

some are canceled, and the bigger ones are being delayed for later in the summer. Sucks for those who aren't in them, as it kind of stacks the weekend sheet in late summer, but that's fine. You have to provide that experience or the prestige of the course gets diminished.

Have already cancelled a few that were scheduled during the 2 months the course was closed and I think the rest of the tournaments scheduled in 2020 are up in the air as to whether they will happen or not.

Think we will have 5 tournaments placed on "hold". The board of our club (which I am on) has not yet decided if we are going to reschedule them or cancel them. Without knowing when/if we will be allowed to have tournaments means there is no real reason to decide as of yet.

Hoping we can start playing them in June, but even then I think we will be making several changes. Most likely all registration/skins will be paid before hand electronically, physical cards will be kept to confirm everything but scoring will be input via a mobile app (golf genius or tournament manager) and no meeting up post round to see results.

Fingers crossed that we get to figure those issues out sooner rather than later.

Back