DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
You guys see this fella?

Watching this AM and his playing competitors hit great drives down the middle.... he steps up and must have flown their drives by over 50 yards.

This guy is impressive.

Looks awesome. Such a crazy swing. He gets so much club speed and he pauses at the top of his backswing.

really hope he wins this morning and gets his euro tour card. Would love to see him in some US tourneys this year!

he hit it 439 on a drive this week. He’s driven multiple par 4’s this week. Just insane

He was tied for the lead going into 17. blew it on 17/18. Missed the water on the par 3 17th by a couple inches. Had to chip center green made bogey and went down 1.

Then just put an iron off the 18th into the bunker

Bogey Bogey finish to lose. Tough but he’s only 20, so no harm only a learning experience!

Sad to have to watch the winner enjoy his win with his wife over a video conference. Better than nothing I suppose.

Glad to see this guy and many other players stepping up and not making the assumption that bulking up creates more speed and distance.

Sad to have to watch the winner enjoy his win with his wife over a video conference. Better than nothing I suppose.

cute moment for sure, the cameramen sure made sure it wasn’t a private convo :ROFLMAO:

Bogey Bogey finish to lose. Tough but he’s only 20, so no harm only a learning experience!

Exactly. He’s only 20. That’s unfortunate to go bogey- bogey to lose. Hope he can move forward off this good finish.

Lessons are best learned the hard way, so I suspect he has more in his armoury than before.

BTW his length in Jo'burg is at altitude, so take 10% off the drives this week.

Lessons are best learned the hard way, so I suspect he has more in his armoury than before.

BTW his length in Jo'burg is at altitude, so take 10% off the drives this week.
That's very good point about Johannesburg being at altitude. It doesn't take away his drives this week, but being at 5,700ft is something to note when we are looking at those numbers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Glad to see this guy and many other players stepping up and not making the assumption that bulking up creates more speed and distance.
It certainly doesn't hurt it though. And having muscle mass and strength is a positive thing in general. Not just for getting close to 200 mph ball speed.

One thing that doesn't seem to be talked about when it comes to swing speed is height and arm length. I'd love to see some kind of study where the measure the speed of like the right shoulder or something. I'm by no means a physics major but it would seem to me that a shorter person with short arms would have to rotate their body faster than a taller person with the longer levers.

It certainly doesn't hurt it though. And having muscle mass and strength is a positive thing in general. Not just for getting close to 200 mph ball speed.

One thing that doesn't seem to be talked about when it comes to swing speed is height and arm length. I'd love to see some kind of study where the measure the speed of like the right shoulder or something. I'm by no means a physics major but it would seem to me that a shorter person with short arms would have to rotate their body faster than a taller person with the longer levers.

Strength and flexibility is king. Not bulking up and gaining a ton of weight. Just my opinion of course. Just getting tired of all the bulking up is king and the future of golf. It’s just not.

Strength and flexibility is king. Not bulking up and gaining a ton of weight. Just my opinion of course. Just getting tired of all the bulking up is king and the future of golf. It’s just not.
It May not be the future. But swinging faster and hitting it farther is the future. Getting strong as an ox is just one way to do that. It's undeniable that it has worked for Bryson. That doesn't mean it's the only way. I mean a lot of it is just plain genetics.

Mesmerizing.

Dude makes it look easy.

Walking advertisement for PING and Champ and him bomb it so smoothly.

Name is unusual too as WILCO - Will comply in military lingo. Anyway he just smashes it and on Golf Channel it said he can go over 140 MPH when pushing it.

i like his swing, makes it look easy!

You can see how his massive body rotation is adding major power to that swing.

i have an irrational dislike for his right hand position. give me champ’s swing all day long.

Back