Search results for query: *

1. D

San Diego area courses

Anybody from Southern California have anything to say about Coronado Golf Course? I'm going to SD in a couple of weeks for vacation and my brother and I are looking for a good, reasonably priced course to play 18. As much as I'd love to play Torrey Pines, it would be a $300 morning! Looks like...
  2. D

Question about pull-outs

I found a set of KBS tour satins on eBay that were pulled from Taylormade irons (RBZ's by the looks). Are these genuine KBS tours, or are they "made for Taylormade". I can snag the set for $99.
  3. D

Anyone have different putters for different greens?

I've noticed I putt great with my mallet-type on slow greens like the course I played tonight, but tend to putt horrendous on fast ones. Kind of pondering a blade putter for better control on the faster greens. Anybody do this?
  4. D

What's everyones long club setup?

I've played the standard Driver, 3 wood, 5 wood for as long as I've been playing golf. I'm fond of my G5 3 wood and Tight lies 5 wood, but Im interested in upgrading. What does everyone feel plays well for a setup? I'm considering an i20 3 wood and i20 20* hybrid. I play 4-GW for irons so the 3...
  5. D

Not impressed with Srixon XV's

Bought a dozen XV's last night, and put one in play tonight. I can't say anything was particularly bad about them, I just didn't think they were as soft or responsive as my ProV1x's. I hit a ProV off the tee right after the Srixon, and couldnt believe how better feeling the ProV1x was. One thing...
  6. D

Shaft recommendations

Buying my new irons tomorrow...went with the Cleveland TA7's because I loved the feel and hit them awesome. I can tell the uniflex shaft is holding me back though. I'd like something a little more low-launch, as I tend to hit my irons insanely high. Would the Dynamic Gold S300's be a good start?
  7. D

WTB: Burner 2.0 or titleist AP1 irons

Pretty self explanatory. I'm on a budget so used would probably be the way to go. Really interested in the burners. Edit: looking for regular flex, 4-AW, but I'm flexible.
  8. D

Cleveland TA7 gunmetal

Anybody have any experience with these? I did a search and didnt find much except when they were introduced...no feedback though. I hit them at Dick's along with the burner 2.0 and Nike pro cavities. Hated the nikes, loved the burners and these equally. These were REALLY cheap. Anybody...
  9. D

Info/ feedback on Nike VR Pro Cavities

I can't find much feedback on here or WRX about these clubs. What I have found seems good, it's just not very detailed. I love the looks and setup at address, and I can get them on eBay for $299. Problem is that being a 201/ model I can't find anywhere to demo them. Does anyone play them, and...
  10. D

Recommend me an affordable drive shaft

I just bought a leftover demo Ping G15 driver. I love it, but I find that im launching the ball way too high and losing distance. I have the stock TFC stiff shaft and it's a 9 degree. Any recommendations?
  11. D

Upgrading my irons (finally)

I'm new here, found the site while doing research on new irons. I've been playing my Ping Zing 2's for over 10 years now and it's really time to upgrade. They were given to me when i was 13 and were my second set of golf clubs. I'm a 10 handicap, and a little inconsistent with my irons lately...
Back