Search results for query: *

1. arwin

Good practice facilities in Tampa

Can any locals recommend a course near the airport that has good practice facilities to get the rust out before we start playing the next day? It can actually be anywhere with decent range since we have all day open. Ideally somewhere with a grass range, good area with chipping and putting...
  2. arwin

2017 Club Championships

Just figured I'd start a thread for all the club championships in 2017 My club had our club championship this past weekend. I hummed and hawwed about it until the last minute and decided to join. My handicap index is an 18 but playing to a course handicap of 21 at a harder than average...
  3. arwin

United Airlines Forcibly removes passenger

I didn't see this posted and this is freaking nuts that they did this. UA overbooked a flight and when nobody volunteered to move their flight, they randomly picked someone and forced him off the plane. http://fortune.com/2017/04/10/united-airlines-ceo-passenger-removed-video-upsetting/ There...
  4. arwin

Effects of swinging faster/slower

Over the past few weeks, I've been watching some of the tournaments and also watched the Feherty episode with Mickelson. I've noticed that they mention that depending on how fast you swing your club, you're going to get more/less backspin on the ball. In Mickelson's case, I think he was saying...
  5. arwin

When to change putters

I was able to sneak in a round of golf today. Since I was on vacation and it was a last minute decision, I didn't have my clubs with me and I had to rent clubs. Most of my game was in shambles but my short game was pretty decent today. Specifically, my putting. I was lights out. I had 28...
  6. arwin

Ball Testing Results -- Which ball do you choose?

I was just hitting balls tonight and I decided to see if I could get a good indication of which ball is better for myself. Using my 9i, I hit 10 shots each with 3 different balls. Anything that was a severe miss hit was thrown out of the data. So take a look at these charts and let me know...
  7. arwin

When do you upgrade your FW?

So with Boxing day (Canadian Black Friday) coming up in a few days, GolfTown has some FW's on sale. I've already got all the clubs I need in the bag, and I'm just wondering when would I ever replace my FW? I'll go on streaks of hitting my FW well and sometimes not so well, but that's all in my...
  8. arwin

Las Vegas in February

I'm going to be heading out now to Las Vegas in February with some of my friends. We're thinking of play 4 or 5 rounds at 3 courses in 3 days depending on replay rates and how we are feeling. On the first day, we've already decided to play 36 holes at Coyote Springs since they have a play...
  9. arwin

The Golf Club -- Simulator Version

With the winter coming and the majority of us not being able to play real golf during the winter months, it looks like some of us have to resort to simulator golf. How many of us at THP have TGC? Would be great to tee it up with other THP'ers online! I just picked up my copy of it and my...
  10. arwin

Lessons - Winter or Summer?

So with the fall approaching I'm starting to think about using some of my lessons from the package I have with GolfTec. I'm sitting here and I'm thinking that I'm kind of weird that when the fall and winter approaches, that this is when I want to have my lessons. The reason that I like to have...
  11. arwin

For the walkers that carry -- How heavy is your bag?

I'm pretty sure there was a thread about how heavy people's bags were but I couldn't find it in the search. Anyway, I've been walking for most of the summer with a push cart and I'm thinking of carrying my bag more now. I'm just wondering, for the guys that carry their bag, how heavy is your...
  12. arwin

Guess the handicap of this swing

Sometimes we see players with not so good looking swings but their handicap is pretty good. Then sometimes we have the opposite with players that have decent looking swings but have a really high handicap. Could you guess a handicap of a player by looking at this swing...
  13. arwin

Club Championships - Yay or nay?

It's that time of year and the club championships are being played right now. This was my first year as a member at the course and I didn't even consider joining the club championship until it was brought to my attention. I didn't end up playing in mine this year but I think I will definitely...
  14. arwin

How do would you play this short par 4 -- 285 yards

At my home course, this is a driveable short par 4 at 285 yards from the blue tees https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=25&v=f6TKWDsT-Xc I usually just take a 6i off the tee and have a short wedge left for a par or perhaps a good look at birdie. I've played with a fellow THPer and...
  15. arwin

Breakfast Ball

Here's the scenario: You get to the course and are the first tee time. The range isn't open yet to warm up and get any practice shots in. You step up to the first tee and duff your tee shot about 20 yards. Do you take a breakfast ball (Mulligan) and tee off another because you didn't have...
  16. arwin

Lost my rangefinder.....again. =(

I owned a range finder for years and only this year, I lost not 1 but 2 range finders! The first one I lost was at #TheGauntlet this past May. Since there was a PGA superstore close by, I picked up a Tour V4 w/ slope which still isn't available in Canada yet. I was playing a round last week...
  17. arwin

Handicap - Breaking 18

My handicap has been steadily decreasing over the years and I float around 17-18 now. My buddy has been playing for years and he was able to bring his handicap down to 24 starting in 2016. I wanted to give him a goal and a challenge for 2016 so I gave him a bet. If he brought his handicap lower...
  18. arwin

Are spike-less shoes actually more comfortable?

Just reading a few threads on people's opinion on spike vs spike-less and was wondering why people have the opinion that spike-less shoes are more comfortable. I have a few pairs of spiked shoes and a pair of the spike-less shoe. I don't get the feeling that a spike-less shoe is any more or...
  19. arwin

Ball names

Everybody knows what a ProV1 and ProV1x is. The name is widely recognized and when people shop for those balls, they know which ones to get, assuming they play the ProV1. Even if they make changes to the ball year over year, it's still a ProV1. Bridgestone does a similarly good thing with...
Back