Search results for query: *

1. dadoffive

Not sure what to "call it" but I'll try to describe it...

Greetings to all, haven't been on much this year... wish I could blame it on being out on the links... but alas, I can't. So I've been struggling with my driver (still). My "I've lost it shot" is a push slice (I'm a lefty) that sometimes I can get under control by "consciously" shifting my...
  2. dadoffive

Pace of Play and what would you do?

I know this gets discussed on a regular basis, but I had to throw this in for discussion... Last Monday (Memorial Day), being off work, I had the opportunity to play with my Dad and his "bar" league at our local muni. This group has 7 tee times starting at 1000, and plays approximately 45...
  3. dadoffive

Loooking to play a round tomorrow or Sunday around Central MD

Tomorrow looks to be the better of the two days. Looking to play once or twice this weekend if anyone's interested. I'm due east of Frederick by about 15 minutes, willing to drive some. Patrick
  4. dadoffive

Is this in the rules?????

Played a round yesterday at Clustered Spires GC. First tee, 3W... fades towards the pond to the left of the fairway. Ball strikes cartpath, but I see NO SPLASH. Must be down there I figure, so no provisional. So I get to my ball's location and its sitting somewhat buried in high...
  5. dadoffive

Offset irons and alignment

So in June, when I went "all in" to learn to play this wonderfully frustrating, irritating, but extremely satisfying when I hit it just right game we call golf... I went through a very necessary upgrade in equipment. Out goes the old RAM FX irons from 1995? in come Burner 2.0s... Out go the...
  6. dadoffive

Orlando golf from a newbies perspective

WOW So I'm here thru 9/21.... Wife and kids ended up coming at last minute, so not playing everyday which is fine by me, but I've had a chance to play Grand cypress the new course and grand cypress north and south. Certainly not like my home courses. My average is around 96 for 18 holes...
  7. dadoffive

Impromptu Golf Vacation

Ok... so, my family and I were supposed to go to Disney (Orlando) starting on 9/14. My wife is in the middle of a huge (did I say BIG) contract re-negotiation... bottom line, family ain't goin to Orlando. My wife (much to my surprise) and as part of my 46th birthday (9/20) says, why don't you...
  8. dadoffive

Driver Assistance

I'm back into golf after several years, and right now, getting off the tee box is inconsistent at best with my driver. I'm hitting my 3W (Taylormade superfast burner 15*... all stock, stiff shaft) really solid ~220yds... but driver, not so much. My driver is preowned, taylormade superfast...
  9. dadoffive

Driver assistance

I'm back into golf after several years, and right now, getting off the tee box is inconsistent at best with my driver. I'm hitting my 3W (Taylormade superfast burner 15*... all stock, stiff shaft) really solid ~220yds... but driver, not so much. My driver is preowned, taylormade superfast...
  10. dadoffive

New guy (lefty) from Central Maryland

So I'm in the honeymoon phase (2nd marriage) with golf. I tried 20 years ago and just wasn't patient enough. Didn't touch a club for at least 5 years (probably more) and started again 2 months ago. Recently got rid of all my old clubs and set my self up for what I hope is success. I'm...
Back