Search results for query: *

1. russtopher

Fess up... how many of you have golf dreams?

I know I have them. Usually they're based around things that have been on my mind. Lately I've been thinking about new irons, and last night I dreamed that I went in for a fitting and after a few different choices I started hitting 261 yard 7 irons... and it turned out they were older Steelhead...
  2. russtopher

WTB WTB - GI/SGI R flex steel shaft irons for my son

The subject pretty much says it all, I’m looking for some GI/SGI irons in R flex steel shafts for my son. He has been using some older Cobra FPs that my dad gave him when he stopped playing; he loves the shafts (coming from some lighter graphite W/S D200s) but not the heads. So larger heads...
  3. russtopher

Anyone lose their home course?

The course I played the most when I took up the game closed roughly 5 years ago. Sadly it was mostly mismanagement on the function hall side that caused it's closure, but losing the course really stunk. Small but decent short game practice area, easily walkable in 90 mins if you played 9, and...
  4. russtopher

What one thing helped you take the biggest step?

I'm curious to know what one thing you've done that helped you take the biggest step forward in your game. Maybe it was signing up for lessons, or getting fitted for clubs that work best for you. For me, it was going to the course more and the range less. I had turned into a range rat, bashing...
  5. russtopher

What gear do you get most excited about during release season?

Yes, I know it's tempting to say "all of it" :ROFLMAO: For me, I always tend to get most excited over irons. I feel like there are so many different ways to create a head with different characteristics that it's really fun to see what OEMs are going to come out with next. I tend to skew towards...
  6. russtopher

Gapping at the bottom end of the bag

I brought up something yesterday in the Pondering thread and it got me thinking, I thought I'd toss this out there and get some THPer feedback. We talk a lot about gapping at the top of the bag with the scoring irons & wedges, and my dilemma is the bottom end of my bag. I currently go 11.5*...
  7. russtopher

What would make you stop buying new drivers?

Every release makes a lot of claims, and we all know that the best bet is to just try out a new driver against your gamer to see if there's any real gains. But is there a point where you are so happy with your current gamer that you don't go looking? The driver is an interesting club, because...
  8. russtopher

FS: Callaway Great Big Bertha, 10.5*, R flex Bassara shaft

Looking to re-home my GBB driver. I bought it from CPO earlier this year, headcover and tool are included. It has the Bassara e-series R-flex shaft (42 grams). Typical wear and tear for a driver that's a few years old. Now $95 OBO shipped in the US. No trade interests right now. Just let me...
  9. russtopher

Question about starting on back 9

When one's foursome is told to tee off on 10, should they allow groups making the turn to tee off in front of them so as not to disrupt their round? More details: Yesterday I went to a local executive 18 hole course with my dad, son, and brother to play 9. We were told to tee off on 10, and we...
  10. russtopher

WTT: Knute High Heat driver 12* R flex

Up for trade is the infamous Knuth High Heat driver. 12* loft, R flex Aldila 44 Magnum shaft. Headcover included. The driver is in good shape, there is one dummy mark on the toe which I took a picture of. Face is clean, and the grip is in good condition. Trade interests include older Cobra...
  11. russtopher

Mosquito control

The wife and I are researching mosquito control for the summer, there's an overgrown area behind our house that separates our neighborhood from the next one and is a bug breeding ground. Curious to know if anyone uses a service such as TruGreen's spray vs. Terminix's bait + spray service...
  12. russtopher

Your "go to" breakfast before an early AM round

If you're headed out for a dewsweeper round, what's your go to for breakfast? Do you fill up, or eat something small and snack along the way to keep the energy up? Or just wait until you're home? I like to have a bowl of oatmeal, with some fruit and coffee. I find that oatmeal makes me feel...
  13. russtopher

Repairing cavity badges

I noticed out on the course yesterday that the cavity badge in my 7i is coming off. It was bent and sticking out when I noticed it on the second hole. Thankfully I was able to sort of jam it back in place a few times and it never came completely off. I'm assuming that regular super glue would...
  14. russtopher

Giveaway: Cleveland 588 Forged RTG 60* Wedge

My son and I have both been the beneficiary of some amazing gestures by THPers lately and I wanted to pay that forward by giving away this Cleveland 588 Forged RTG wedge. It's a raw tour grind and is aging as you can see from the pics, but the grooves are in fantastic shape. I used it mostly...
  15. russtopher

WTB: TMaG driver head R9/R11s/RBZ

Looking for an R9, R11s, or RBZ driver head for a thriver experiment I'd like to try with a shaft I have sitting around. The shaft has an R11s sleeve which should fit the heads in the title. I'm not picky on cosmetics so if you have something gathering dust please send a PM! The RBZ has to be...
  16. russtopher

Greenside bunker help

First off, thanks for all the tips and help you're giving everyone today Freddie! Your help and tips are always very much appreciated. What do you find is the easiest, safest way to get out of a greenside bunker? I usually play the ball forward in my stance, weight forward and an open clubface...
  17. russtopher

When did you find your feel?

OK serious question, I know there's going to be a few "Been playing 20 years and I haven't found it yet!!:banana:" answers, but still :D When did you finally get that feeling that clicked for you and helped you groove your swing? Or if you haven't found it fully yet, when did you realize you...
  18. russtopher

Ever learn something contradictory?

While I was at the range today, a pro was giving an older teen a lesson a few bays away. The teen had a very exaggerated reverse pivot, and the pro wanted him to keep getting into that position. I will be very up front and say that I don't know what they were working on directly - maybe he...
  19. russtopher

Do you have a setup routine?

One thing I'm working on this offseason is getting into a proper stance & setup, and I know a lot of people have a set routine they follow on every shot. A good friend has a very specific routine he does before every shot, and it shows in his single digit handicap. I, on the other hand, have...
  20. russtopher

At what point is a purchase worth it?

Curious to know what moves a lot of THPers to make a new gear purchase when what they currently have works pretty well for their game. Do you go into a sim with a new club thinking "OK, I need to get X amount of yards more to make this worth it?" Is it a feel thing? Or do you just like having...
Back