Search results for query: *

1. J

Bridgestone fitting

Hi guys, Just got back from the Toronto Golf Show. From what I saw there are large numbers of Ontario golfers about to come out of hibernation. There were queues for everything. I finally managed to get ball fitted at the Bridgestone booth, something I've been wanting to do for a long time...
  2. J

Any Toronto Golfers

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I am moving to Toronto at the beginning of September from Indonesia and was wondering if there are any Toronto golfers on here who would fancy playing some golf. My wife and I are relocating - she is Canadian and going home, I'll be living in...
  3. J

New Putter

So it's been a while since I posted anything and have been back to the UK in the meantime and decided that I needed a new putter as my Wilson which I've had for about 10 years just wasn't reliable any more. My father didn't believe me until he saw it with his own eyes. I went and spent the...
  4. J

My thoughts on Mission Hills, Shenzhen, China

Hi guys, It's been a couple of busy weeks since my trip to China including a birthday weekend in Singapore, but I've finally got around to looking through the photos and a few will be posted below. Clubhouse(s) We used three different clubhouses during our visit. They are all very clean and...
  5. J

Mission Hills Trip

I'm getting pretty excited as my Mission Hills trip is coming up on Sunday. We have 6 rounds in 5 days including 4 in 48 hours! We will be playing the Normon, Faldo, Annika, Ozaki, Olazabal and Vijay courses. Apparently the place is booked solid and we weren't able to get on to the World Cup...
  6. J

Mission Hills, China

Not sure if anyone on here has played Mission Hills in China - I know it's a long way to go. I'll be going in May with a golfing expat group from Indonesia (only 5 hours to Hong Kong plus 1 hour bus transfer) and have to say I'm really excited!
  7. J

Taylormade R9 SuperTri

Took the plunge yesterday and bought the SuperTri 10.5 with Stiff shaft. Loved it as soon as I started hitting it on the range. It was outdriving my existing driver by at least 30 yards in the air without any effort plus I found it very difficult to play my normal fade/slice!! No tinkering...
  8. J

Wilson FG Tour Ball

I've been using the Tx4 for the last year or so adn get on really well with it. Of course, Wilson isn't making it any more and have brought out a new Tour ball - the FG Tour. Has anyone used these? I haven't seen them in Indonesia yet and would be interested to hear what they are like.
  9. J

FTiZ, Diable Edge, Diablo Neutral and R9

Having read all the reviews, and wanting to get a new driver I hunted down a shop in Jakarta that actually had genuine clubs so that I could have a swing. Unfortunately it was only into a practice net but at least I can report on the feel and setup. I am a traditional type of guy and haven't...
  10. J

GI?

I've been using the same irons for 10 years and don't have any reason to change, but I've been reading some of the threads here and realise that I am way behind the times on technology. What are GI irons and what are the benefits? What other types of irons are there?
  11. J

SCUBA Diving

Anyone else here into SCUBA diving? I've been doing it for about 20 years - between SCUBA gear and golf gear I'm surprised I'm not broke!!! Dived in Cozumel, Oman, New Zealand, Thailand, Mediterranean, and Indonesia. Thailand is the best so far, but will be going to North Sulawesi and Komodo...
  12. J

Hi from Indonesia!

Hi guys and gals, I stumbled across this site as I am contemplating buying a new R9 460 or the Super Tri so was looking for reviews. Great being able to see what the new products are for 2010 from the PGA Equipment Show and talk to some fellow golf addicts.
Back