Search results for query: *

1. EaglevsFalcon

HOLE-IN-ONE!!! My first legit one!

143 yards with a 9 iron on #4 at Glenwood Springs Golf Course. The shot was extremely uphill so I never saw it go in, but finding it in the hole isnt so bad either lol. My first ever in a 9 or 18 hole round! Ive been playing golf since I was 8 (42 now) so this is a LONG time coming!
  2. EaglevsFalcon

Hello again!

Came poking around looking for info on wedges since I won a pile of club credit in a tournament this past weekend. I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. I hadnt played much golf the last 2 years but Im back at it again this season. Started a new business, caught and recovered from...
  3. EaglevsFalcon

EvF's Left-handed Putting Adventure Thread

Let's just start this off with what should be an obvious statement: I haven't been putting very well so far this year. Now, I'm not a bad putter by any stretch at 1.8 p/hole and 1.98 p/gir, but making most all of the putts I feel I should is something that is holding me back from shaving...
  4. EaglevsFalcon

DryJect Aeration System

So, this is apparently a newish technique for aerating greens and other sports turf. Has to do with injecting water into the turf to create space then filling it with sand or whatever in one pass. http://www.dryject.com My course just went to this system and had it done last week before our...
  5. EaglevsFalcon

Using handicap in a match/tourney vs. course handicap

There is a Saturday member's game at my club that I occasionally participate in. Almost every participant is a member, so their handicaps are largely derived from home course play. But, the guy who runs it uses course handicap in his score calculations, which can give some guys up to 3 or 4...
  6. EaglevsFalcon

Best potato chip flavor?

I'm not one for snack food much anymore, but I do have my vices, and tater chips are definitely one of them. Sea salt and cracked pepper, bbq chips dipped in sour cream, and sweet vidalia onion are some of my favorites, but the undisputed king is... Jalapeno and Cheddar kettle chips...
  7. EaglevsFalcon

#THPCallouts EvF vs. J4U, Mayhem in the Mountains!

This one is a long time coming! Ive been chirping at Doug for the last couple of years to trek up this way and take me on at my home course and the time has finally arrived! Where: Ironbridge Golf Club, Glenwood Springs, CO. www.ironbridgeclub.com When: Thursday, May 11 @ 12:20pm Stakes...
  8. EaglevsFalcon

Cool Story - Member of my club makes the PHOENIX OPEN

http://www.pgatour.com/webcom/news/2017/01/30/jim-knous-waste-management-phoenix-open.html This guy cut his teeth playing my challenging home course, Ironbridge. His dad is a member still and Ive played rounds with his dad in our Saturday weekend game. Pretty darn cool that he gets to...
  9. EaglevsFalcon

FS: Scotty Cameron Dual Balance Newport 2

Trying to kick up some extra funds for Vegas so Im putty my Scotty up for sale. Other than the grip, which is a little dirty, and a small, barely noticable nick on the head, this putter is in pristine condition. Headcover included. $225 shipped.
  10. EaglevsFalcon

What is your favorite shot to play?

I think we all have that one shot in our bag that we are more comfortable with than the others. Could be a chip or a flop, a low draw or a high fade, or just a club that just works for you. My favorite has become a knockdown draw. I love playing it into tough par 3's that require a prett...
  11. EaglevsFalcon

Scoring formats and how we play them

I had the opportunity to play in my club's member/guest tournament this past weekend. It was an all net, Stableford, best ball scoring style tournament that turned out to be great, great fun. They had the scoring set out like this: Albatross- 7pts Eagle- 5pts Birdie- 3pts Par- 1pt Bogey- 0pts...
  12. EaglevsFalcon

So this is happening...

YES PLEASE!!! [emoji7] http://liveforlivemusic.com/news/rage-against-the-machine-members-confirm-new-supergroup-first-performance-tonight/
  13. EaglevsFalcon

Crappy chipping and extreme solutions

I made it to the course late tonight and I had just finished up at the gym so I decided to practice my chipping. I was terrible, as usual, and was really getting frustrated with all the jumping balls, thins, and chunks that I randomly rotate through. Fed up, I had an outside-the-box idea...
  14. EaglevsFalcon

What would you do? (putter choice)

Yesterday, I got my Odyssey Versa 1w in the mail. Tomorrow, I have a Member/Member tourney that I won last year. Im currently gaming my old faithful, a Scotty DB Newport 2, but Im not seeing my line very well at the moment. Im putting good at the moment, but Im not exactly comfortable over...
  15. EaglevsFalcon

Personal Best Thread!!!!!!!

Im always cruising the "What Did You Shoot Today" thread and feel that sometimes folks personal bests, whether its 18 hole score, 9 hole score, FIR, GIR, etc., get lost in the shuffle of the busy-ness of that thread so I figure why not have a thread dedicated to our PB's!!! So post em up! I...
  16. EaglevsFalcon

Affordable Vegas golf options?

I have a friend of mine who is going to Vegas and is looking for some affordable but good courses in the area. Does anybody have any insight? Would love to be able to point him in the right direction. He is wanting to stay sub-$100, if possible. Thanks!
  17. EaglevsFalcon

Spring swing tune up

Hey Freddie, was hoping you could take a look and see if you see things that I can clean up. I think Im starting in a much better place than years past but good second set of eyes always helps. I want to make sure Im swinging well at Club Clash. This swing was a slight over draw but contact...
  18. EaglevsFalcon

Free Stuff Thread!

This thread is inspired by one on another forum (non golf) that I occasionally frequent. That thread is the most successful on that site, so I figured that the spirit of giving in that thread would fit here perfectly. The idea is that we offer up random golf (or non golf) stuff that we may not...
  19. EaglevsFalcon

Soooooooo this just happened... (OMG)

So I get to my last job in Aspen, and while prepping the rug I'm cleaning, I look up and see the Claret Jug and The Havermeyer trophy! My jaw hit the floor and I start looking at all the names engraved it them. Im pretty much losing mind and now wondering who the homeowner is (the property...
  20. EaglevsFalcon

2015 Mid-Season Updates Thread

Seeing that the halfway point of the 2015 golf season has just passed for most of us, I thought that it would be cool to see where everyone stands in regard to our individual goals for the year. So post here your thoughts and feelings on how your season has progressed. My main goals for the...
Back