Search results for query: *

1. Acuna

Driver....

Well I have been gaming a regular flex Callaway XHot 10.5 degree driver since I started playing about five years ago (also took about a year and a half hiatus in the middle of this time). It is completely stock, including the Project X shaft. I have been SERIOUSLY pondering the Epic...
  2. Acuna

A Weird and Terrible Case of the Shanks

Man, I have been having an issue and it is driving my c-r-a-z-y: I have the shanks with my 6 and 7 irons. 8 iron through my wedges, no problem. 5 iron (Cleveland Altitude) no issue. 3 and 4 hybrids no issue. Driver and 3 Wood looong and straight. I have been trying to work it out with tempo...
  3. Acuna

Caddy App with Weather and Elevation

Is there a caddy app for smartphones that lets you plug in your distances for each club and then gives you club advice based on the elevation and weather conditions (wind speed/direction)? Just curious. I found one that looks like it has these features, but it seems like most of the courses are...
  4. Acuna

Kid Golf Pics

My youngest seems to be torn up with the game. She loves watching the golfers when they play the hole behind our house and really enjoys the little golf games we play around the house. She also regularly goes on "golf walks" with me in the evenings so we can get some one on one time together...
  5. Acuna

Summer Pants

Does any manufacturer make golf pants that are not too hot in the summer heat (95+ degrees)? If not, someone needs to get on it quick. This isn't so much about nostalgia (and always playing in pants like the pros do) as much as it is about covering up your legs to prevent sunburn. The older I...
  6. Acuna

Holding On To Good Form

Loaded question and not necessarily any real answers that I know of, but here is my question: When you get your swing where you want it, how are you able to keep it that way? About a month ago I was swinging the club great, everything was clicking, and I was fine with all that was going on. I...
  7. Acuna

Iron Swing Speed

What is the difference, if any, between your iron and driver swing speed? I assume most people don't swing their irons as fast as their woods... Am I wrong?
  8. Acuna

Why Oh Why Does Your Swing Leave You

I've just been feeling frustrated with my game for the last week. I dusted off the clubs about a month ago after a couple months of serious fishing and was hitting the ball GREAT within a couple of days. Tempo, contact, etc. was great. I even went to check in with my swing coach to make sure I...
  9. Acuna

When Did You Start Your Kids?

First let me say,"I know, I know, EVERY KID IS DIFFERENT!" I totally get that..... Case in point: Across the fairway is a friend's son who is three and is absolutely, positively TORE UP with the game of golf. He loves to play, good play every day, and is GOOD (as in cracking 50 yard drives...
  10. Acuna

Amazon Fire

My wife went ahead and ordered it last week and it came in today. I went home for lunch (I work close to the house) and had it set up in less than five minutes. Based on the five minutes I spent playing around on it, Amazon Fire seems like the real deal. Not in any way affiliated with Amazon...
  11. Acuna

Random Thoughts on Improvement

Do you find that improvement in golf (at least at the beginning) is not so much a steady climb, but more of a set of plateaus where all of a sudden you "get it" when it comes to some aspect of the game and then you are shaving like five strokes off your round? I see that being the case with me...
  12. Acuna

Favorite Golf Polo

Who makes your favorite golf polo and why is it your favorite? Material? Cut? Colors/Pattern? I need to get some new shirts for this summer and was on the range this morning before work with a long sleeve dress shirt. I couldn't help be see how the cut of my work shirt was getting in the way...
  13. Acuna

How Cool Would It Be... (Masters)

to have live webcams on each hole of ANGC for the Masters. Or at least for the practices rounds... Just wishing out loud.
  14. Acuna

Anyone Else Bass Fish

Besides spend time with my family, my two favorite things to do these days are golf and chase trophy largemouth bass. I usually get pretty determined from December through March to try and catch a ten pound bass. I've not caught one (yet) but I got pretty close with a 9.8 pounder. Here are...
  15. Acuna

Visor or Cap

Visor or Cap on the golf course. What do you wear and why?
  16. Acuna

Winter Time Change Training Schedule

So the time changes this week, and starting next week there will be a lot more daylight before work (and also not enough after work).... I have come up with the following schedule to train/play. The goal of this schedule is to get me better at golf and reduce my handicap. Monday AM: Run three...
  17. Acuna

Golf Shoe Fetish

I am new to golf, and thus new to all the cool toys that come with it. New to clubs. New to bags. New to divot tools. I am one of those guys who got older but never really grew up. I have to say I keep seeing all these cool golf shoes I want to try and I see many new pairs in my future...
  18. Acuna

Where Did You Go To Get Fit For Clubs

When you were buying irons, where did you go to get fit? I am leaning towards Callaway, but honestly I want to see what is out there and get the equipment that will be best for me and my swing. I will probably be in the market for new clubs early next year. Where did you go to try a bunch of...
  19. Acuna

Go Pro on a Golf Cart

Has anyone ever put a GoPro camera on a golf cart to see what their swing looks like during a round or how they hit a particular shot? I was thinking that you could drive up behind the ball turn on the camera, hit it your shot, and then go on to the next shot without too much trouble. With the...
  20. Acuna

Swing Thought: Stepping on the Gas

"Stepping on the gas" I've been working on this with my swing coach. He talks about using power and not speed to get the ball really popping off the club face. Following his advice, when I gradually accelerate and drive the swing with my left side (I am left handed) I get some really solid...
Back