Search results for query: *

1. robmypro

Keeping your eyes on the ball

This seems like an obvious point, but i find that keeping my eyes focused on the ball until it is hit seems to be the biggest determinant of a solid shot. I think we have all heard this before, whether we play golf, baseball, etc., but i think there is more to it. For example, if i focus on a...
  2. robmypro

How long did it take you to start playing good golf?

I am wondering how many months/years it took before you started playing good golf? Good golf is subjective, but let’s define it as being able to break 80 regularly.
  3. robmypro

Tiger Jan IV 2001

Good stuff.
  4. robmypro

Tiger’s leg injury….photo

This looks very painful. Also looks like he’s lost a lot of leg mass.
  5. robmypro

Garmin R10 in stock at Garmin Website

In case anyone is interested. https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/695391
  6. robmypro

Rob’s journey to break 80

Instead of littering this forum with posts about my golf journey, i figured i would create just one and update it periodically. So why is breaking 80 my goal? I have watched plenty of youtube videos of golfers breaking 80 occasionally and their game doesn’t look impossible. Now when i look at...
  7. robmypro

Getting back into golf after a 5 year layoff...

In 2015 I got back into golf after many years of not playing, and I think I started to turn the corner and start to get things together. Don't get me wrong. I was still terrible. But I started seeing glimpses of hope. Not for an entire 18, but for a few holes at a time. And then a year or so...
  8. robmypro

He was the greatest…

I remember watching him while growing up. Definitely the greatest to ever play the game.
  9. robmypro

This dog is a golf fan

lol https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10730679/Pablo-Labradoodle-tries-fetch-golfers-ball-watches-Masters-TV-Video.html#v-2996520160210207538
  10. robmypro

WTB Garmin R10

willing to pay msrp for a fully working unit. Btw, I will only purchase from active, seasoned members.
  11. robmypro

Questions about Garmin R10, virtual golf and stats logging...

Hey guys I am in the process of deciding what I need to setup a functioning home golf simulator. I really like the Garmin R10 (not available right now), and I think it can help my game, but I have a few must haves... 1. I really want to start tracking my shots, so having the stats that are...
  12. robmypro

Went to Golfsmith to get some tees. Big mistake.

So the wife and i stopped in to GS today to get some tees. Of course, i have been in super ponder mode on the AP2's, so guess where i headed first? And there they were, looking so nice. And sitting right next to them were the AP1's. I probably spent 10 minutes comparing the two sets, when a...
  13. robmypro

I'm in trouble

I am sitting here reading THP and i look over at the wife. She is watching Scotty Cameron videos. This could get ugly.
  14. robmypro

My journey to losing weight

I was in Australia for a month in March. Looking at photos of myself, I was like WTH? I decided to do something about it. When I got back home I was 191 pounds, so I set a goal to get down to 160, which would put my BMI in normal range (just barely). I purposely decided to focus on my weight...
  15. robmypro

Question about shaft length and lie angle

So i have one club that was not fit for me. It appears that the club is too long, based on the fact that the toe points up slightly. Now i know this might change when i swing the club, but my question is a bit simpler. If it is determined that a club has the wrong lie angle, would fitting it...
  16. robmypro

Hitting different irons today...

I just got back from the range where i had a chance to hit some new irons. I hit 20 balls with an RSi 1 TM (7i), and a few things were noticeable. First, comparing 7i to 7i from these to the Eye 2's, there was distance gain. But it wasn't really massive on well struck shots. On misses, i did see...
  17. robmypro

How forgiveness impacts progress

When i was growing up my dad gave me a cut down set of blades to learn with. They were hard to hit well, but to him they were easier to hit than the set he learned with. A set like that demanded precision, and it provided enough feedback so you knew you missed, and where. Fast forward to today...
  18. robmypro

What is the magic to the ProV1?

I went out and bought a sleeve of several different top balls, and for whatever reason the longest drives i have ever had were with the ProV1. I can't believe that this ball is just that much better than the others, so can anyone speculate as to the reason i play so much better with them? Is it...
  19. robmypro

What investments in your game are you making?

Most of us are serious about our game, which got me wondering about the investments we are making to improve. I am making investments in several areas right now. 1. Playing and Practicing More I am playing at least once per week now, and practicing my short game as much as I am practicing at...
Back