Search results for query: *

1. gmiller598

Not Golf related - What is your favorite NYC spots?

So after Christmas, I am going to NYC to see Phish play Madison Square Garden for 4 nights for New Year's Eve and to see the Blue Jackets play the Devils in NJ. What are favorite spots to see in and along the public transit route. I'm staying in NJ and looking for fun stuff to do in the day...
  2. gmiller598

Cord cutters “plugging back in?”

Has anyone here ever cut the cord from standard cable to only go back to a standard cable service now that all the streaming services keep raising prices? Since most, if not all, also offer a streaming tv service and can bundle with internet service I wonder if it is worth it. When I cut the...
  3. gmiller598

I miss Haig Point

The RBC Heritage always reminds me of the original Odyssey Experience. Still the greatest weekend of golf I’ve ever had. I have not been to a THP event since but it was full of such great memories. I don’t know how many other participants are still here. From the Fireball shots to Sean Toulon...
  4. gmiller598

Shoulder tilt opening shoulders?

As I've been picking the game back up this year, I'm finding a hook is a big problem for me. I know there are probably a series of things I need to fix but I decided to try to check and see if my body is aligned correctly. I'm finding that when I setup my feet I am aligned pretty well but when...
  5. gmiller598

Looking for a good cheap colored distance ball

I'm heading on vacation next week looking for a good cheap distance ball to help me out since I'm a bit rusty. I'm intrigued by the Maxfli Straightfli but I've never hit it. The flight correction is something I'm interested in. The Softfli is probably a good backup option and I've heard good...
  6. gmiller598

Air Max 97 G fit question

How do these shoes fit? I've never tried them on but I'm looking at picking up a pair online. Are they true to size? I know the Air Max 270 are way to narrow for me.
  7. gmiller598

Does hitting on a launch monitor change your swing?

I sort of got away from the game last year for personal issues so it's really been over a year since I've been on a course. I maybe hit balls 1-2 times in 2022 befoe deciding to try and return back this year. With that being said, I'm sort of a clean slate with my swing since I feel like some...
  8. gmiller598

Affordable/Accessible courses in the Palm Beach/Jupiter area?

I'll be down in the Palm Beach Jupiter area of Florida at the start of baseball season in early April to hopefully watch my nephew start the year in class A baseball. I want to take my clubs and squeeze in at least 1-2 rounds while I'm down there. Any good and accessible local public courses...
  9. gmiller598

RIP Jeff Beck

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/musician-jeff-beck-dies-suddenly-meningitis/story?id=96375525 I wasn't a guitar player but I know his greatness.
  10. gmiller598

Horror Movies

What are your favorites? I just started streaming the original Terrifier on Vudu since I heard Terrifier 2 is making people get sick and vomit in theaters. Most of these are not good movies by any means but they are fun to watch.
  11. gmiller598

RIP Taylor Hawkins

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/foo-fighters-drummer-taylor-hawkins-obituary-1327112/ So sad. I am a big Foo Fighters fan. Such a great rock band and he was a perfect fit for Dave Grohl in that band. As a drummer myself my heart aches tonight.
  12. gmiller598

Interesting Golf Channel Observation

I have GC in tv and they are talking about Tiger playing the PNC this weekend. They got into talking about equipment he was using but they would not say the words Bridgestone or TaylorMade. Have they always been this way with equipment where they never mention brand names? it just seemed odd...
  13. gmiller598

I think I need a break

I'm just going to vent a bit but I think I just need to take a break. I'm frustrated by my inability to get better this summer. I'm so inconsistent and it is driving me crazy. I've lost almost 100 pounds since the beginning of January and I just can't find a tempo that works for me now. Sometime...
  14. gmiller598

Does anyone believe that a rangefinder actually helps to hit more GIR?

I really struggle with hitting greens. Today I was 86% FIR and 6% GIR. I always seem to be chipping from off the green. I obviously have some iron accuracy issues to work on but I generally use the Grint's GPS function to get the distance to the center of the green but I watched a video on...
  15. gmiller598

Chrome Soft Practice Balls

My local driving range got some new ball in this week. I noticed today hitting a bucket that they are labeled as Chrome Soft Practice balls. Are these actual higher end range balls with the Chrome Soft label or are they just essentially X outs that didn't pass QC? I've bought X outs before from...
  16. gmiller598

Anyone have anything golf related that is worth more than you ever thought?

I recently discovered this Grateful Dead headcover I own sells for over $200 or more on eBay. I bought it online several years ago and probably paid $30 bucks for it. it blew my mind. Anyone else have anything that they never thought was that valuable but actually is?
  17. gmiller598

Flatso grip weight

Is this a mistake on the SuperStroke website? I'm considering putting a Flatso 1.0 on my new Phantom X 5.5 because I really like it on my EXO but I want to get the weight right to replace the Pistolero Plus that the Scotty came with? It seems a bit of a stretch to me that the one that comes with...
  18. gmiller598

Buzz/Vibration in a shaft adapter

I realized that I have a buzz or vibration coming from the shaft adapter on my EF Riptide CB shaft I purchased to use in my G425 Max. It is clearly coming from the adapter. I'm going to assume this might be due to a poor epoxy job on my end. I ended up redoing it myself after I had a shop trim...
  19. gmiller598

2021 Kentucky Derby - Who do you have?

I'm not sure what I'm thinking at this point. I keep being drawn to Hot Rod Charlie and Midnight Bourbon but I'm not committed to them. I'm feeling like I might have a long shot bet on O Besos in my pocket right now as well.
Back