Search results for query: *

1. ntanygd760

Pace of play is a problem in amateur golf (part 2)

Yell 4 before hitting the first time. After that tee off and yell 4. Not even kidding on her after 1 warning.
  2. ntanygd760

What did you shoot today?

Shot a -1 71 in 25 mph wind with 40+ gusts, was some really solid golf
  3. ntanygd760

Superstitions - what are yours?

I never use my own tee on a par 3 and it must be picked off the ground. My friends have learned to throw a tee on the ground for me to pick up to save time.
  4. ntanygd760

Could you make this shot?

Rookie, just lay a 50 wide open and use the half inch longer shaft for that tiny extra swing speed and try and go long of the pin.
  5. ntanygd760

Guy plays 17,820 holes last year

That is a lot of golf balls
  6. ntanygd760

How many golf courses within 30 minutes of home?

I counted 28 public, not sure maybe 5-10 private
  7. ntanygd760

Par 5 medicine, or madness? Do you know which??

There is a par 5 dogleg left with a tall tree to go over so you can play it as either and I have enough data where I think it was 4.8 going over 5 playing safe. Cutting the corner is like 470 put penal death if you don't get the ball in the air and like 520ish playing as intended. My sample size...
  8. ntanygd760

What did you shoot today?

37-37 = 74 At The Old Course!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to my caddy I think, also was only in 1 bunker, which required going 20 yards backwards and played the same ball the whole round. Just amazing and my new favorite course. The Road hole might be perfect in my mind and the only hole I can think of...
  9. ntanygd760

Tour Event 2022 LIV Golf Boston

First time I watched a live finish. Was good stuff and I love the format besides 54 holes.
  10. ntanygd760

Playing from the wrong fairway - whose turn is it anyway?

If you are 220 out on my fairway and waiting for your green to clear or just standing there thinking what club to hit I am very much hitting a ball over your head and I do not care in the slightest if you are offended. Get off my hole
  11. ntanygd760

Have you birdied every hole at your course?

Finally got the last hole I needed to birdie them all this calendar year, took way to long this year.
  12. ntanygd760

R&A, Equipment, & the Old Course

I am all for thicker rough. Not sure if the old course even has irrigation for anywhere but the greens so you need mother nature to grow it thick.
  13. ntanygd760

Old course is defenseless with no weather. Making it so wet that a ball landing 1 foot short of the green and a ball landing 1 yard on and bouncing over the green would be a joke of a mickey mouse setup. These guys are just good. Firm and fast is the way the game was meant to be played, if you...
  14. ntanygd760

I mean the majority of their revenue (not tv pro stuff) comes from people using ghin which is way more common at country clubs where everyone has a handicap. The average weekday night drinking golfer doesn't benefit the USGA at all so why would they go out of the way to care. I am guilty of...
  15. ntanygd760

Why do you practice the shots you do when you practice?

For me in this order. Practice what you suck at, practice the shot you hit most, practice different shot shapes, practice dumb recovery shots that are fun
  16. ntanygd760

USGA Course Length Recommendation

I hate the taking driver out of the hand argument. Play the front tees, bomb away and move back when you break par. That is how I would teach a new golfer with potential.
  17. ntanygd760

USGA Course Length Recommendation

In a perfect world 6600-6800. Median driving is around 280 for me. I don't actually care what box I play. I will even play the front tees once a twice a year. Getting comfortable making a bunch of birdies and not freaking out when going low is a skill you need to practice.
  18. ntanygd760

Tournament in 2 weeks. Whats your prep schedule look like?

If you are committing to a total swig change this in not true. A basic lesson working with what you have this is mostly true even if you regress later.
Back