Pace of play is a problem in amateur golf (part 2)

I honestly don't think I could have played behind them the whole time without having a conversation with Dad.

I honestly don't think I could have played behind them the whole time without having a conversation with Dad.
I shot a 93 and that may have been the best score in our group. Other than being like u slow bro, I’m not sure what I would have said.

They seemed to be struggling a bit. On the back nine they sort of seemed to split into 2 groups in 1. Mom had no business being on the course at all as she was standing well back of the group on a few holes, right in our landing area…
Yell 4 before hitting the first time. After that tee off and yell 4. Not even kidding on her after 1 warning.

Yell 4 before hitting the first time. After that tee off and yell 4. Not even kidding on her after 1 warning.
I’m never going to intentionally hit into someone. I did buzz them once today when a shot I assumed would come up short ended up carrying and came up near them as they walked to the next green. Driving the cart up and having a conversation seems the much more reasonable option.

I’m going to start wearing a bib when I take my boys out. Nah, I can’t do that. I’ll wear a white jump suit. Dream big and all.
and the green lettered Velcro removable name

and the green lettered Velcro removable name
You could get ultimate respectful and when u pass them … and finish and bow to course and remove flag lol

Rained like a MF Friday night. Newish friend asked me to play at my club Saturday early. (This was Wednesday) any way we get to club early Saturday and head pro was there like…..really guys? You gonna play is this mess. Me being a naive Zoni briefly flashed back to the My Cousin Vinny mud scene. So any way we decide to play, CPO strict rules, in a massive muddy windy mess. AND we still finished under 3 hours! Also while conditions dictated a not so great scorecard, we had that whole damn course to ourselves. Love it when that happens.

Unfortunately you don’t need a license to be a parent. The lack of respect for others is a pervasive problem in America and it seems to be getting worse whether you’re the one slowing things down on the golf course or riding in the left lane at under the speed limit. If you surveyed the working age members at our club, 90% of them would agree that pace of play(fast) was a major reason for joining.

If you can’t play in 3.5 hours or less as a walking foursome with nobody holding you up, you are part of the problem. :)

Unfortunately you don’t need a license to be a parent. The lack of respect for others is a pervasive problem in America and it seems to be getting worse whether you’re the one slowing things down on the golf course or riding in the left lane at under the speed limit. If you surveyed the working age members at our club, 90% of them would agree that pace of play(fast) was a major reason for joining.

If you can’t play in 3.5 hours or less as a walking foursome with nobody holding you up, you are part of the problem. :)
EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID!! Everyone in America thinks they are special. No one cares about the other guy. No respect at all in this country about another person. Example: yesterday I was coming out of WalMart, and I dropped an item out of my bag. Three young people, teens my guess, looking at me, laughing, as I try to grab my item on the ground. I said to them " you could have helped me"! They just kept walking. Parents DO Not teach there kids anything today. They have ZERO respect for seniors, and won't move over when they are walking 3 across on the sidewalk. Anyway, why would expect any less on the golf course. If they can't even function as a respectful human on the street, how do you think they going to act anywhere else. I blame the parents, and you saw it first hand. Golf course should not have allowed that child to play "prime time" tee slots. Come back in the late afternoon. All they worry about is the bottom line at most courses, especially with the "professional" management companies running a lot of these courses now. My .02...

we have the problem of the guys hitting 230 yard drives waiting on the green to clear from 260 out.... Its just nonsense.
I'm with you on how frustrating that is but once in a while...

My usual group was behind a threesome last week and for the first few holes none of them showed any signs of being a) really good players or b) really big hitters. Just kind of spraying it around, playing from the middle set of tees, mostly seemed to hit their approach shots from outside the 150 markers.

So we come to a Par 5 and they are standing about 250-260 out from the green in the rough. All but one of the three have hit but he stands there what seemed like FOREVER waiting on the green to clear. Not only for the group ahead to finish putting but for them to get in their carts and drive off.

We were literally laughing about this dude thinking he was going to hit an approach out of the rough and come anywhere near that green. So he steps up, takes a mighty swing and hits a big push-cut that lands right of the green and rolls down the hill toward the next tee box.

I have no idea what was different about that swing. Before or after that hole I don't know if the dude hit a tee shot that went 250 yards but he sure nailed that fairway wood 260+ from the rough!

Good grief, the self entitlement is thick and it sure as hell ain’t the kid. Did you bother to find out what was going on or just hang back have a hissy fit?

I am a Single player so am usually put with another group. 1st thing I state after intros is " If it's OK with you I play Ready Golf to keep things moving", usually no complaints. I also walk so will at times start walking to next Tee while they Putt out, I will state such before I leave. I also tell them to go on ahead and Tee off since it's a LONG distance between Green and next Tees at my Course. I have also been known to call Pro Shop at Courses when I notice a group with a 2 hole gap. Some people need to be Woke about Slow Play. Probably same people that stay in left lane.😂

Good grief, the self entitlement is thick and it sure as hell ain’t the kid. Did you bother to find out what was going on or just hang back have a hissy fit?
They say stick with what you’re good at, so I think you already know the answer.

I’m confused. If a group falls a full hole behind before the 4th hole, i’m supposed to leave my group and drive up to find out why?

It’s self entitled to want others to respect pace of play so everybody can enjoy the course?

Just hang back, whine, and assume you know what the group in front “understands” about golf.

Especially if there’s a kid involved.

I shot a 93 and that may have been the best score in our group. Other than being like u slow bro, I’m not sure what I would have said.
I would have just had to have talked to him to gain an understanding. Asked a couple questions. My brain would need to know.

Back