Search results for query: *

1. RatFink

Thailand Golf

Heading to Thailand in April for a few weeks and despite not having held a golf club since September, I think it would be a miss if I did not get a round or two in. Any suggestions from anyone who has recently been there?
  2. RatFink

Vortex Golf?

I just got an email about a $5k giveaway (that of course I cannot enter since I am in Canada), but indicating that Vortex optics might be entering golf? Could be very cool! https://5kgolfgiveaway.vtxnation.com/
  3. RatFink

Darts!

Is anyone else into playing Darts with friends or competitively? I got into it over the last year and LOVE it. I bought a dart board for a friend as a bit of an evil house warming gift to go with the pool table that came with their house and the dart board has rapidly overtaken the pool table...
  4. RatFink

What is this clicgear piece?

Recently bought a clicgear 3.0 and it came with this thing…. Can someone tell me what it is?
  5. RatFink

Driver direction... left/right

So I have picked up a new habit of just hard hooking the driver left on full swing. I have tried moving the ball forwards/backwards in my stance to no avail. Yesterday at the range I started with driver chips - then quarter swings, half swings, 3/4 swings - all of which exhibited fade/slice...
  6. RatFink

How do you teach "ready" or "sensible" golf pace?

Golfing last night with a buddy and his FIL and considering how backed up the course was after a tournament ended, our group did NOT contribute to a solid pace of play. There are certain things that I just accept as things you should do in a round of golf that they just did not seem to do and...
  7. RatFink

Wedge bounce / sole relief vs rough density?

I have two wedges: 54/14 with a standard callaway sole 58/10 with a c-grind callaway sole Generally speaking is there a rule for which sole is more suited to playing in different types of rough? Or is it all in the club delivery technique?
  8. RatFink

Magnetic latch putter covers?

Can anyone recommend me their favourite putter covers (for a mid-mallet/blade) that is closed with magnets? My old THP velcro closing one is starting to wear out/destroy my new claw glove.
  9. RatFink

Regional use of Maple Syrup?

In my short time where I was able to eat last week in San Diego, I eventually had enough strength to go to a diner to order some pancakes, thinking that an infusion of maple syrup was just what this Canadian Popeye needed to get over food poisoning but I was AGHAST to see that it was corn syrup...
  10. RatFink

San Diego - non golf trip

I’ll be in San Diego this week, sadly not for golf and no chance of golfing. Any tips, sights/sites I ought to see, places to eat? Looking at the Zoo and the Midway, but am open to suggestions! I’m staying near downtown/gas lamp area - is it safe enough to wander around alone? I haven’t been...
  11. RatFink

Pantry Staples - What are you never without?

I was having a discussion last night with one of my friends and they said they don't have any flour or sugar and my mind was blown. To me, a kitchen MUST have certain items, even if they aren't used that often, but as a safety net. This friend doesn't cook compared to me so I guess it makes...
  12. RatFink

Superstroke Pistol Grips

I'm looking at replacing my Odyssey's 11 year old putter grip - it's just the stock pistol/axe that came on it and is now getting a bit worn. I'm looking at either the Superstroke 1PT, or possibly one of the Traxion Pistol GT grips but I am not sure what's what. When they are measuring the...
  13. RatFink

Adjustable Driver Necks & Grip Alignment

For those of you who have drivers that do not have two-dimensional adjustability to allow the shaft to remain in a stationary orientation depending how you have it set, do you grip your drivers differently? I have the Cobra SZ and if I tweak the loft, it twists the grip - meaning if I put a MCC...
  14. RatFink

Pepper Grinders

I broke my pepper grinder the other day and am in the market for a new one. Knowing this is a golf forum and seeing our other discussions, I know the population here likes their gadgets so I'm looking for suggestions on pepper grinders! Do I go classic like a Peugeot or a Fletcher's Mill? Does...
  15. RatFink

RGC - Breaking Erin Hills

The last series was a bit of a bobble - just wasn't vibing with the golfers or the course at all, but this new series sure fixes that. Can't wait for the next few parts, I get such a kick out of these:
  16. RatFink

Effects of *only* cutting down a shaft

So the Cobra Speedzone Extreme that I bought last month came with 3 shafts, and they all measure ~44" in length. I do not know if this modification was done by a shop or by the previous owner. Reading the Cobra site, they came stock with 45.25"/45.5" shafts depending on the Cobra Connect...
  17. RatFink

Previous Generation Callaway Drivers

I'm looking at my driver and thinking it needs to be replaced. I have been combing the used market as a new driver is out of the question expensive. When we look back at the past generations: - Mavrik - Epic Flash - Rogue - GBB Epic Are there any that really stand out that I should be...
  18. RatFink

Breaking Royal St. George

The next installment of Random Golf Club's "Breaking" series has started up. I really enjoy these as they show what happens to mortals when they play the same courses our heroes play.
  19. RatFink

Golf vs. Hunting Range Finders?

Question for those of you who have gone down the path that I am thinking - is it possible to have a range finder that serves the purpose for both hunting and golf, or, perhaps a better question: What is the difference between a hunting and golfing range finder? I see that there is a "slope"...
  20. RatFink

Cost of Club Fitting

I have a time booked with Golftec at the end of the month which is very exciting. My buddy was telling me that when he got fit for his clubs (5-6 years ago) the cost of the fitting was credited towards the cost of his clubs. Does anyone know if this is the case anymore, or is it now over and above?
Back