Search results for query: *

1. Scotland

They've Arrived - Srixon Straight outta the Srixon Combo Set Configurator

And they're beautiful. They blend so incredibly well. I used the Srixon Combo Set Configurator and ordered direct. Buying my set of 7 irons direct ended up saving me $100.00 vs. ordering from a popular online retailer and likely saved a week or more of time. The whole experience was great. A...
  2. Scotland

Building out my combo set soliciting input

April 20th and more snow... :cry: I am building out my Srixon ZX mkII combo set and I am curious where folks who play combo sets tend to blend. Since I've never had luck with Hybrids, I play down to a 4 iron,, so my thought is the 4, 5, & 6 in the ZX 4, where I can use the forgiveness and then...
  3. Scotland

Hard to say goodbye

Today we laid to rest my father-in-law. A great man. Father, husband, Vietnam veteran, Quartermaster at our local VFW, role model to many and friend to many more. His celebration of life event was held at the VFW and we were joined by a lot of family, friends, and people who were inspired by...
  4. Scotland

Tired of snow - need Golf Midwest

I live waaaay up north in MN and taking some time off next week. We also have another snow system moving in. I'd like to drive somewhere for a few days and lose some balls. I see a few options online, but nothing jumps out at me. I'd prefer not to drive all the way down to Branson (or pay...
  5. Scotland

Before I try to sell my old irons...

I replaced my older irons and wedges with new sets at the end of last year. I want to sell my old steel but, I have added a ¼” to each shaft and had the lie adjusted. My plan was to return the shafts to original length, regrip them, and sell them. But I am worried that if I return them to the...
  6. Scotland

What is the most balls you have lost in one round?

I played a course with a lot of water in the spring and lost 9 balls over the 18 hole course. Actually I lost 9 balls on the first 15 holes and had the final ball for the last 3. What's your record and what's your excuse? I had no excuse, I should have put the driver away and didn't. Was pretty...
  7. Scotland

The 5 days of Golfmas aka Golfageddon

Well I just wrapped up the 5 days of golfmas. Every year I have the week between Christmas and New Years off from work. This year I committed to playing golf every single one of those days, and I did it, too. It was a time to not worry about scores but to focus on technique and develop muscle...
  8. Scotland

Club Washer at home?

Club Washer at home? Everytime I use the Range Mate or Par Aide club washer at the few courses I see with them, I want one for home. I have seen smaller versions, too. Some with ball washers even. Prices range from reasonable to “yeah right, I’d rather make my own”. Have you considered one for...
  9. Scotland

Henzzel Gloves

Curious if anyone else here has used these. I gave one a try and liked it so, I bought a 5 pack. Doing a search here yields no results. Apparently they are a thing with the Korean PGA.
  10. Scotland

Did anyone get in a Thanksgiving round?

I got to get out for a morning round today. It was pretty darn cold but I played pretty well and had a blast. At points it seemed as if we had the course to ourselves. Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving and hoping lots of you got to get out and play today.
  11. Scotland

Tour golf - online viewing otions

One of the best things I've done in the last decade was to get rid of cable & TV. We have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Roku stuff but, with no more commercials... and I love it. The only things I miss about not having TV are golf and baseball. MLB.COM takes care of one fix... where can I watch...
  12. Scotland

Sweet spot you all have here

Greeting from Nor-Cal. I have been doing a bit of research on fairway woods recently and this spot came up in several of my searches. I gleaned some good information here so I made it a point to come back and register. Looks like a really sweet spot and I look forward to getting to know folks...
Back