Search results for query: *

1. S

PING G430 Drivers

I’ve been trying out a Rogue ST LS with a view to replacing my Mavrik and liking it a lot. Then my playing partner took out a demo G430 Max today, took one swing and decided it wasn’t for him. So I figured I may as well demo the demo. First shot was right in the sweetspot, perfect shoe and...
  2. S

How Do Your Rounds Deteroriate

At my home course suddenly. My regular partners even have a nickname for it. A ‘Doddsy’. A classic Doddsy is when you are a couple up teeing off on the 14th, wipe it, 5en limp home to finish 2-3 down. This is exacerbated by not getting shots on the last five holes. Oddly enough on the other...
  3. S

Callaway Paradym Drivers

Further to my screed above, I took the Paradym down to my local Trackman range for a full shootout against my Mavrik. Shafts were the Tensei the Callaway rep fitted me to, my usual Trono and a spare Hzrdus IM10. My swing is still a bit off, but I guess it was off for both heads. Today the...
  4. S

Callaway Paradym Drivers

I did a Callaway rep fitting at my club yesterday. I have owned the Rogue LS and TSR2, and my most recent ‘proper’ fitting was into the Stealth. Despite this I have recently hone back to the trusty Mavrik responsible for my bezt golf about 18 months back. Whilst it was nice to be fit by a...
  5. S

Project X HZRDUS Black Gen 4

I have this in my new TSR2. Previously I played the Smoke Black and before that the original Black. For me it is friendlier than the Black but not quite as much as the Smoke. Kind of inbetween in launch and spin. I like it.
  6. S

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Irons

I suspect, objectively, there isn't a massive difference. But I had a set of Turbos a while back and couldn't get over my snobby reaction to their look and feel. So I sold them. Recently I tried a set of Halos and have been able to get over my snobby reaction to their very similar look. I now...
  7. S

My answer would be the same as that I gave a few pages back regarding the PXG 0311XPs. The G10s are probably like most current GI clubs, albeit with weaker lofts. I doubt they are that much less forgiving. If you are swinging well, you'll hit them well. Likely just as good as the Halos. But...
  8. S

2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

Has anyone tried the HD vs the regular Stealth with the same shaft on a Launch Monitor? I did a fancy fitting the other week and the regular Stealth was a clear winner. It is taking a while for it to arrive, however, so whilst bored the other night I snapped up a cheap HD. So far the HD seems...
  9. S

Grips with "reminder" ribs. A poll.

Love em. As someone whose grip tends to become too strong leading to pulls and hooks, I find them a real game changer. Tye first thing I do when I buy new clubs is change the grip to an Align.
  10. S

I agree about not using the 4 iron as a demo. Its loft is 20*, which isn't the easiest to hit off the deck. I have the 4 iron, but use it strictly as a driving iron. Or for under trees. In fact, I don't usually carry the 5 iron either. I prefer a hybrid at that loft too. I carry 6-PW when I...
  11. S

How Many Hybrids Do You Play?

I'm about to add another one maybe). Currently, depending on course, I play a 19*, a 21*, and a 26* hybrid before going to a 28* 7 iron. I've previously experimented with a 24* between those. But after considerable gapping testing I'm forced to admit that now I am 60 my 7 iron is what I used...
  12. S

I think the ad is being just a tad disingenuous. I have a set of Halos and a set of PXGs I am flip-flopping between. Bad swings with the Halos are as punishing as bad swings with the PXGs. Good swings are also good with both. My feeling is that Halos may be slightly better with slightly bad...
  13. S

The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

Is the Hy-Wood an XL Halo 3 hybrid with a longer lighter shaft? According to the specs at Cleveland the heads are the same size, and they look identical. In my country Hy Woods are not available. But the hybrids are.
  14. S

New Project X HZRDUS RDX shafts.

Sorry if this response is too late. I don’t game the Riptide, but since the Mizuno fitting system insists it is the perfect shaft for me I always have one on hand, a Small Batch 5.5. I’ve been flirting with Stealth drivers and today tried out one with the RDX Red. Of the three Stealth stock...
  15. S

Adam CMB irons

The MB2s were somewhat more forgiving than they looked due to the plugs, but nevertheless even less suited to me than the CMBs. In spite of this I did a buy a set and take them for a couple of runs. I'm pretty sure my positive aesthetic response to the plugs is why I've been such a sucker for...
  16. S

Yep. I went into my local club emporium the other week ready to spend up on a driving iron. I have hybrids that can cover the distance and I'm fine with hitting them from the deck, but I have issues with them from the tee. I have a couple of free spots in the bag and wanted a tee club for a...
  17. S

When you hit it the best you can...?

The one that combines the biggest influence on a scorecard with the most satisfaction as a golfer. So driver. The only exception is no longer available to me as I age, but would have been the perfectly struck club that allows you reach a par 5 in two. Of course, that can't happen with a great...
  18. S

2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

I'm still stymied by my lack of success on course with the ST. After another mediocre driving day with my Max, I borrowed the Max LS demo (9*, set +2D with MMT S) a friend was trying out for the last couple of holes on Monday. Hit it much better than my regular Max. So I took it to another...
  19. S

Snap! I also have a set of Gen 3 XPs and a set of Halos. Due to strong XP lofts I have 7-GW. My Halos are 4-PW, but usually I drop the 5 and sometimes the 6 for true hybrids. I use the 4 as a driving iron (it works better for than proper driving irons). When I'm swinging well I strongly...
  20. S

Adam CMB irons

I had a set a few years back and still look back at them with more fondness than pretty much any of numerous other sets I've been through. They look great. The feel on well struck shots is still memorable. And they were more forgiving than most forged clubs of the period. I bought them back...
Back