Search results for query: *

1. bobgeorge

Cryptocurrency - Bitcoin & others..

I kind of agree with you, but is kind of similar to a house. Most houses in the U.S. probably rose in value by 20% in the past 3-4 without an owner making any improvements. Actually owners were selling houses as-is when buyers could see there was issues they were going to have to put $$$ into.
  2. bobgeorge

I agree. Our lawmakers need quit having hearings & actually do something. The U.S. is falling further and further behind to Asia and Europe.
  3. bobgeorge

Anyone still buying crypto? In the last 6 months I have been collecting some BTC, SOL, NEAR, ARB and a few others. I just put a small percentage of my funds in crypto. I work for the federal government and max out my TSP. I am going to hold until 2024/2025 and see what happens after the...
  4. bobgeorge

What’s your eye dominance?

Same for me too Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
  5. bobgeorge

Thoughts on Houses on a Golf Course

I live in a golf course community but I live across the street from the course. The neighbors across the street from me are around 225-250 out on a par 4. They both have told me their windows have been broken. I have even seen golf balls in my yard.....which means you either flew over or hit...
  6. bobgeorge

Strapped - YouTube Golf Reality Show

Anyone watched the golf reality TV show “Strapped” on Youtube? I watched two eposides and it seems pretty interesting. If you have never watched it….it is about 2 golfers who are given $500 to go on golf trips including golf, hotel, food, etc. I guess they mostly play munis….watch what they...
  7. bobgeorge

NEWS LIV Golf and PGA Tour Merging

You would think the DOJ has more important things to worry about than a golf merger.
  8. bobgeorge

I agree about money always wins. Maybe not 100% of the time, but the percentage is really high. I don't think the outrage to LIV golf was ever about Saudi. It was just about the $$$. For the players that left....it wasn't about growing the game....it was about the $$$. For the players that...
  9. bobgeorge

Agreed. & the U.S. did nothing when SA killed Jamal Khashogg.
  10. bobgeorge

I'm 59 & was in the military when 9/11 happened so it changed my life & there is not doubt it was one of the worse days in U.S. history. Even saying that I agree with the comments above. The U.S. government and private companies work with countries like SA and China all the time. One example...
  11. bobgeorge

Cristiano Ronaldo Signs Record Breaking Contract with Saudi Arabian Football Club

You might be right. There is a pattern there...look at David Beckham, Thierry Henry, Wayne Rooney, etc.
  12. bobgeorge

Cristiano Ronaldo Signs Record Breaking Contract with Saudi Arabian Football Club

You can't blame Ronaldo for taking the $$$. I never understood the whole issue with LIV and blood $$$. A lot of Fortune 500 bushiness including the U.S. government does business with Saudi and China. Neither one has a great human rights record.
  13. bobgeorge

Buying glasses online?

I ordered some prescription glasses from Oakleysi recently and when I got them I didn't like how they fit. I was able to send them back and get a refund. I ordered another style from them and love them. I would recommend Oakleysi to all Veterans! Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
  14. bobgeorge

Careers: What do you wish you had done?

I did 22 years in the Air Force in administrative and IT related jobs....but early in my career I received a letter from Air Force Office of Special Investigations asking me to apply. If I did apply, I am not sure if I would have been accepted but sometimes I regret not applying. Now I work as...
  15. bobgeorge

Roost’s Race to The Morgan Cup

Wishing you good recovery & hope you get to play in the Morgan Cup.
  16. bobgeorge

The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

I think the main thing with the LIV is simple....$$$. If you are a player like Phil Mickelson, Sergio Garcia, Lee Westwood, or Pat Perez your best days and big paydays are behind you. Why not jump to the LIV and build up your bank account. As for the outcry about Saudi Blood money, I think that...
  17. bobgeorge

Tour Event 2022 Barbasol Championship

I went to this event for the Thursday round last year. I had a nice day & it is a beautiful course. I'm not going this year. I thought since they moved it from the same week as the British Open it would draw a better field but it didn't. I'm not sure who the top rated player here, but this must...
  18. bobgeorge

Phil Mickelson Thread

I just finished listening to the audio version of the book. It is a good listen and provided some nice insights. I didn't really realize all the gambling that goes on in practice rounds or side games...but just seems like Phil likes the rush of it which is also why he plays the way he does. Also...
  19. bobgeorge

Shot Tracer Technology...

Shot tracer is similar to the 1st down line maker in football.....a part of the televised game now.
  20. bobgeorge

Netflix & The PGA Tour

I think some lesser known golfers might be willing to let their guard down more than a veteran. Although some of them like the media too. Drive to Survive made drivers like Daniel Ricciardo a lot more popular than he was before. A series like this could also bring more non-golf fans into golf.
Back