JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
From Keene Trace Golf Club
Nicholasville, KY

Last years Winner was Seamus Power

Was waiting for this one. My son works at our home course and Max McGreavy and his caddie came in to play Sunday afternoon on their way to Lexington. Saul (my son) said they were super cool. He got a picture of their scorecard when they finished. 68 (-4) for Max and 72 (E) for his caddie. Saul said he gave his caddie 6 strokes. Guessing his caddie got him with the par-birdie finish on 17 & 18. Anyway, I'm rooting for Max this week.

IMG_20220703_212857.jpg

NetJets is taking this year’s winner from Kentucky to Scotland for the Open Championship!

This is a cool local tournament, but really needs some help. Opposite field event, but glad it’s a week before the Open instead of opposite of it. I was supposed to be there today.

My hopes are Valhalla steals it away from Keene in the coming years

I went to this event for the Thursday round last year. I had a nice day & it is a beautiful course. I'm not going this year. I thought since they moved it from the same week as the British Open it would draw a better field but it didn't. I'm not sure who the top rated player here, but this must be one of the weakest fields of any PGA tour event. I know these guys can play or they wouldn't be on the PGA tour, but it still seems like an event with Triple-A players.

I went to this event for the Thursday round last year. I had a nice day & it is a beautiful course. I'm not going this year. I thought since they moved it from the same week as the British Open it would draw a better field but it didn't. I'm not sure who the top rated player here, but this must be one of the weakest fields of any PGA tour event. I know these guys can play or they wouldn't be on the PGA tour, but it still seems like an event with Triple-A players.
There are at least a handful of events per year that don't get a good draw and I wish the PGA would figure something out to get these events a better field.

Anyone else having a hard time watching this? I mean I don't know who half of these guys are. Where is everyone? :ROFLMAO:

Was waiting for this one. My son works at our home course and Max McGreavy and his caddie came in to play Sunday afternoon on their way to Lexington. Saul (my son) said they were super cool. He got a picture of their scorecard when they finished. 68 (-4) for Max and 72 (E) for his caddie. Saul said he gave his caddie 6 strokes. Guessing his caddie got him with the par-birdie finish on 17 & 18. Anyway, I'm rooting for Max this week.

View attachment 9101919
Alright, McGreavy is T3 at -7 after today's round. Really surprised he shot -4 at my course Sunday and -7 today on Tour.

Anyone else having a hard time watching this? I mean I don't know who half of these guys are. Where is everyone? :ROFLMAO:
Scottish Open. It's the event the Tour has as their leaderboard this week. This is definitely a C-Lister event.

Scottish Open. It's the event the Tour has as their leaderboard this week. This is definitely a C-Lister event.
I mean I get it, but isn't that considered a DP Tour Event?

Dufner sighting! On the leaderboard, not just like on the field.

It took some time to find out that there were weather related delays today.

Sean O'Hair is the only other golfer in the current top ten with a PGA Tour victory.
I like Hubbard and Hickok. Would be cool to see a DP World Tour guy get a win too.

Alright, McGreavy is T3 at -7 after today's round. Really surprised he shot -4 at my course Sunday and -7 today on Tour.
He's used to putting on immaculate greens. He'd have lots of trouble putting on my home course. 😁

I like Hubbard and Hickok. Would be cool to see a DP World Tour guy get a win too.

I am one of the people who enjoy seeing guys win for the first time. My ultimate daily double this week is Tringale in the Scottish Open and David Hearn in the Barbasol. They have more than 650 combined starts on the PGA Tour without a victory. That's a testament to the fact that they have been good enough to maintain their cards and to make more than 300 starts each. That's an amazing feat.

Hickok has game
That marathon playoff loss last year was a heartbreaker. Would love to see him get his first win.

Hey Dude...it's a Dufner sighting on the leaderboard !!!

Homeless Hubbs with back to back poor shots.

He's used to putting on immaculate greens. He'd have lots of trouble putting on my home course. 😁

Yeah, we have bent grass and they get mowed Saturday morning. He played Sunday evening. They can be pretty gnarly after 2 days of weekenders have been at it.

Hickok drains a 60 footer for birdie to close out his round!!!

Back