Search results for query: *

1. L

Early vs. Late Wrist Set?

I have been experimenting with types of wrist set in the full swing. I noticed that using little to no wrist while keeping soft hands in the backswing yields the best results with trajectory and club head speed. The weight shift on the downswing allows the club shaft to naturally wrist cock and...
  2. L

Mind 2 Motion?

Anybody familiar with the Mind2Motion video trading program? Any thoughts if this is a good investment?
  3. L

Weight shift forward question

It was evident on my last posting, that I need work on the weight forward into the downswing. So, I scoured some of the older threads here looking for help and drills. It seems like the best one is in this you tube video (below). Is this still valid? Any specific other drills that may help with...
  4. L

Can't seem to stop fading with my driver (extreme fade) - Need help, Freddie.

Hi Freddie - This is a new post, since I didn't want to hijack the last post with my videos about the extreme fade issue we were chatting about yesterday. So, here are a couple swings (DTL and FO) that I made a video of in my backyard (with practice balls, but I think you can see all the swing...
  5. L

Question for Freddie on the Downswing - Hip and hand movement

I have a question for you Freddie on the downswing. You helped me with first part of the downswing (move the left hip away from the ball). Now, I am trying figure out my weight shift and hand movement through to impact. Here is what I am thinking (I submit this for your review): Downswing...
  6. L

Golf in Perspective

The journey of playing the game of golf can be as strange as the game itself. I look back at 50 years of a love-hate relationship with game to where I have come to my current state of mind. Throughout the years, there have been great rounds, poor rounds, addictions to the game and some seasons I...
  7. L

Putting Practice Idea - Technical Practice for % grade and break

On my golf league this past week, I started a discussion about putting with another guy about getting a feel for the break of greens. And, by getting a feel for percent grade with your feet. He has a laser level that he practices with by trying to get a clear feel of the grade. I was quite...
  8. L

Starting the backswing - arms/wrists or shoulders starting first?

I have been experimenting with the start of the backswing. I have normally started with shoulders and let the hips, then left come in up to the top of the backswing. However, I have ran across an article that states to get into the proper plane, you should start with the arms/wrist for the first...
  9. L

Right foot position - square or flared?

I have been a bit confused about the right foot position (RH golfer). Some lines of thought say to have it slightly flared to get a better shoulder and hip turn, while others say to keep it square (or parallel) to the target. I noticed a couple places on THP where the squared foot seemed to help...
  10. L

Learning golf - One person, or learn from everyone?

I have played at golf for awhile, but only recently have started to study the game and learn it. I have run into a school of thought that say to only work with one style/instructor/method, and stop listening to golf tips, magazines, etc. I can respect that... IF that is the best way to learn...
  11. L

Downswing sequencing from the top question?

This is my first post... I am a newbie here, so please give any mistakes on my posting. I have been trying to get a handle on the correct flow of the downswing. I currently do a slight bump and then a hip turn in two distinct pieces. I have heard about hips sliding, and not sure about that. I...
  12. L

Hello from Southern Ohio

Greetings from S. Ohio. Just trying to learn the game and get a better swing going
Back