Search results for query: *

1. SleevePlz

Holiday Golf Gift Ideas from Smaller Companies

What are your go to golf gifts (or gifts you would hope to receive) that aren't from the big manufacturers? Everyone loves an Adidas golf polo and a dozen Callaway balls from your family member that knows you like to golf, but what would you like from the smaller companies? Thinking of things...
  2. SleevePlz

John Daly, Insperity Invitational Winner - WITB

Driver: Vertical Groove Driver,Nventix Precision Nunchuk 3 wood: Ping G Stretch, Nventix Precision Nunchuk 2 iron: Ping Crossover, Nventix Precision Nunchuk 370 Irons: Ping i200, Nunchuk xi shafts Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind, Nunchuk xi Putter: Ping Anser Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
  3. SleevePlz

Hard data vs "feel"

How many of you utilize data tracking devices/app while playing? Based on casual observation in other threads, it doesn't seem like a very high percentage, but I would have guessed that the golf nerds on here would be huge adopters of the tech tracking side of things. If you don't, why not? If...
  4. SleevePlz

Golf Pad Tags

Before I pull the trigger on picking these up, does anyone have an experience with them to make me want to rethink the purchase? They work with my phone and smart watch and use NFC so no batteries to change in the tags, so they seem like a good fit for me. Any input would be great. Thanks!
  5. SleevePlz

Sleeveplz - WITB

A quick look at what I'm playing to start 2017. A whole lotta Bertha and Daddies.
  6. SleevePlz

Accuracy of Golf Simulators

It's still winter here in Michigan and I literally can't wait another month to get out and get some swings in. So I think I'm going to check out a nearby simulator. I'm not sure what they use, but in general, are they pretty accurate with distance and accuracy as compared to real life?
  7. SleevePlz

Golf Ball Categories

Looking for some help from the experts instead of doing a ton of research myself, lol. Realistically, how many categories of "good" golf balls are there and which balls are in each category? Just looking at Bridgestone for example, would the B330, B330-S, B330-RX, B330-RXS, e6 soft, and e6 speed...
  8. SleevePlz

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Fundraiser Contest

Hey everyone, I'm a teacher at a little alternative high school in the Flint, MI area and every year we have a fundraiser to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. If you are so inclined, my students and I would greatly appreciate your support on behalf of our school. To donate, use the...
  9. SleevePlz

WS Nexus II Carry vs Cart Bag

Help me out here guys. I decided to get a new bag and I narrowed it all the way down to the WS Nexus II bag. Now I can't decide between the two models. I pretty much always ride when playing, so the cart bag is a viable option, but will I regret it? I currently use a carry/stand bag so I'm not...
  10. SleevePlz

How many of you enjoy cigars???

Hey guys, I'm considering doing a contest next month and I want to gauge if a box of cigars would be an appropriate part of the prize pack for most of the members here. Thanks!
  11. SleevePlz

Thank you Golf Pride and THP!

Received my winnings from THP and GP, a set of MCC Plus4 grips in orange! They look awesome and I can't wait to get them installed before the season starts.
  12. SleevePlz

Hypothetical THP Event in your State

After reading some of the discussion in the Top 100 Courses thread, it got me thinking. If JB and GG asked for your input on where to host a future THP event in your state, which would you pick? Let's assume it is limited to a public course and should be able to accommodate lodging/dining/etc.
  13. SleevePlz

Brand Rankings

If you had to rank your top 5 brands for each category of club (woods, irons, wedges, putter), how would you do it?
  14. SleevePlz

First New Driver Input

Hey everyone! I'm spending the winter assembling a new bag to replace my first "cheap" set I picked up years ago so that I could play if I ever got around to it. Since I actually started playing regularly this past year, I decided that I have earned some better clubs. I have already picked up a...
  15. SleevePlz

Build your best bag for $800

How about a fun little game. Inspired by everyone's WITB and the constant requests from us new guys for club recommendations, I would like to see what some of you come up with for a bag full of clubs with a budget of only $800. Use the PGA Value Guide's resale values as your reference. Note that...
  16. SleevePlz

New guy from MI

Hey guys, I've been lurking for a few weeks and have just been blown away by the camaraderie of the members here. I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you. A few things about me. I'm a high school math teacher. Really enjoy cigars, craft beers, booze, and golf. I played a bit...
Back