Search results for query: *

1. bigskyirish

Bigskyirish's 10-Week Push to the Grandaddy

I've been meaning to get one of these threads up for awhile, but my schedule seems like it has been a lot crazier than normal this year for some reason. So better late than never, hopefully. Since I got the still-hard-to-believe news that I was the first Grandaddy team member, I've definitely...
  2. bigskyirish

How Much Does Score Matter to You?

I've been giving this one some thought lately. There are a lot of different ways to enjoy a round golf and they're not mutually exclusive. Just off the top of my head, I think it's fair to say that some of the things people are time outdoors, time with friends and family, exercise...
  3. bigskyirish

Teaching Kids How to Swing

For those of us that have kids, we often hear all the familiar advice about getting them started in the game. Namely, they have to enjoy it and don't put too much pressure on them. I'm not sure whether mine actually like to play quite yet, but I think I have that part down. Driving the cart...
  4. bigskyirish

Best Part of Your Game - Is It Usually the Same?

If someone asks you to describe the best part of your game, is your answer usually the same? We can all say that things change on a round-by-round basis--some days you're good with your driver, some days you're making putts, etc. But over a longer term basis, how often does the strength of...
  5. bigskyirish

Problem With Dell Laptop

Maybe a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced issues with the touchpad coming up or the keyboard warping (likely from battery swelling) in a Dell XPS 13 laptop. Seems to be happening to me and, not shockingly, Dell customer service sucks, so I'm curious if anyone else has...
  6. bigskyirish

True Temper Tuesday

Those of you that followed along with The Handcrafted Experience in May may remember that the event came with an incredible bonus for the winner of round at La Costa - a trip to hang out with the True Temper/Project X folks for their annual True Temper Tuesday at the Farmers Insurance Open. I...
  7. bigskyirish

Travel Advice - Atlanta Airport Hotel

My wife and I are traveling to the Caribbean for our 10th wedding anniversary in early November. Coming from Montana, that means there's no easy way to get there and we have to stay a night in Atlanta both on the way there and the way back. On the way there, we get in around 7 p.m. and leave...
  8. bigskyirish

2018 Project X HandCrafted Experience - Travel and Extra Rounds

Since I've gotten virtually no work done since I saw my name get called this morning, I figured I'd start the travel and extra rounds thread. So here we go. Travel Flying In: Since we are going to be at Project X on Thursday morning, it looks the play is to come in on Wednesday. For me...
  9. bigskyirish

Talk to Me About Iron Shafts

Let me first say that the impetus for this post is that Nate's review of the X Forged has me stupidly thinking about getting new irons next spring. And that thought made me realize that I know virtually nothing about all the different iron shafts on the market. Here's a little background: I'm...
  10. bigskyirish

Project X HandCrafted T-Shirts

Just a PSA that these are on sale now. There are only 100 and Medium is already sold out.
  11. bigskyirish

Thoughts on Trying to Improve Lag

Freddie, if you're willing, I'm really curious as to your thoughts on a lag issue. Here are the details (with some background for context): We finally had a break in our miserable winter last weekend and I was able to sneak out for my first round since the end of October. Since the end of...
  12. bigskyirish

Montreux Golf and Country Club

Anyone have any thoughts on the home of the Barracuda Championship (formerly the Reno-Tahoe Open)? I get a chance to play there tomorrow and from the looks of the rating/slope, it would have been good if I wouldn't have had to take the last 3 weeks off.
  13. bigskyirish

Club Head or Shaft - Which Makes a Bigger Difference in Your Game

As far as drivers go, which do you think makes a bigger difference in your game--the clubhead or the shaft? Naturally, the best answer is to get a good combination, but if you had to pick one, which would it be, and why? I would have said club head for a long time, but as I think back, I've...
  14. bigskyirish

How to Improve Ryder Cup Coverage

With the Ryder Cup coming up in just over a month, and NBC having the coverage yet again, I have a question to pose: what would you do to improve the coverage? If the question seems to imply that the coverage needs to be included, that's because I think it does. NBC's coverage of golf drives...
  15. bigskyirish

Your Most Memorable Shot

What's the most memorable shot you've ever hit? Not necessarily the best (could even be the worst), but the most memorable. Mine was during a round where my brother and I were taking on my dad and my uncle at a course they knew, but we didn't. On a par 5 on the back, they promised we were...
  16. bigskyirish

Increasing Swing Speed

I don't want to hijack the distance thread below, but it got me thinking about a related question. Have any of you worked to increase your swing speed in the past? If so, how did you do it? Swing change? Something else? Was it successful? Here are my answers: I've never made a dedicated...
  17. bigskyirish

Which Club Change Would You Make?

I currently have some gift certificate money to a local shop and I'm trying to figure out what I want to spend it on. I've narrowed it down to three possible choices. Let's assume that the gift certificate is enough to cover most of whatever purchase I make, so any differences in the cost...
  18. bigskyirish

Whiteboard Question

Does anyone know the difference between the D+ Whiteboard 70 that is either stock or a no-cost upgrade on many recent Callaway offerings, and the D+ Whiteboard 72 that is a $125 up-charge? Is it purely a few grams of weight? I've had really good luck with what I think is a second generation 72...
  19. bigskyirish

An Ode to My Dad

On February 28, we had an unseasonably warm day here. It was a bit windy, but it was in the upper 60s, so my dad and I headed out for our first round of 2016. For most of the round, everything was going great. I was +3 through 13, which, while not mind-blowing, was fairly decent for not...
  20. bigskyirish

Amen Corner in 4K

Looks like those who have the right equipment will be able to watch Amen Corner in 4K on DirecTV this year. http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/09/directv-first-live-4k-show/
Back