Search results for query: *

1. hackitup

Flight change with swing change

I’ve been focusing on getting my weight transfer better. My instructor wanted me to cover the ball more and this was the fix. It finally came together and I saw a noticeably lower ball flight. Along with that I saw more rollout which I was told is temporary. I expect this to be a long term...
  2. hackitup

Golfholics calls it quits

Golfholics was one of the first YouTube golf channels I started watching. I used their “going for the make” line when asking my son what his plan was to attack a par 5 and got a smile out of him. I got eyrolled when saying I was gonna “David Toms it”. It’s being called an extended break, but I’m...
  3. hackitup

Michelob Ultra Guy

Didn’t see this posted yet. Remember the guy standing around with his beer watching Tiger at the PGA Championship? Michelob did/is going to do an ad campaign and merch featuring his image. Food & Wine article
  4. hackitup

Are You a Bad Weather Gamer or Grinder

Weather showed up at the Wells Fargo Championship. Some of the guys are scoring better and others are having a rough go. When weather hits, are you a gamer, a grinder, or are you consistent? I always thought I shot way worse than normal but I’m not far from my typical scores. It surprised me a...
  5. hackitup

Approach to golf - Personality

The strength of your game thread got me thinking. Does your personality away from the course match your on course personality? Are you consistent in your risk taking or do you change things up? Do you think it matters for scoring? When I play sports I’m pretty aggressive. When I coach...
  6. hackitup

AeroGarden or Similar Systems

Does anyone else enjoy growing plants in an AeroGarden or similar hydroponic system? What are your experiences and tips for newbies I picked one up for my wife for Christmas and didn’t immediately scour the Internet for tips so we wound up overcrowding the system with plants. My bad for...
  7. hackitup

Do you swing weight or nah?

The Off Course podcast with Ask a Fitter had a conversation about swing weight. I understand our resident podcast host likes a specific swing weight in his clubs. I hadn’t really thought about swing weight much if I’m being honest. I went out and bought some weights to test my irons and wedges...
  8. hackitup

I’m back

I took a year or two off from golf after being very upset with the direction my game was heading. My favorite golf partner, my 15 year old, fell out of love with the game which extended my time off. We started golfing again when high school golf tryouts were around the corner. I’ve been...
  9. hackitup

Drive for Dough?

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/15-interesting-stats-figures-and-tidbits-from-the-2017-18-pga-tour-season This popped up on one of my feeds and it got me thinking. Isn’t this contrary to the old drive for show, putt for dough mantra? Some of the other tidbits were interesting but this one was...
  10. hackitup

USGA Survey: Is Distance a Problem

http://usga.org/distanceinsights Saw this pop up on my twitter feed and decided to pass along my thoughts. Posting it here for others who may not have seen this elsewhere.
  11. hackitup

Starting line over trouble

Yesterday’s round was at a fairly tight course with water features or trouble areas close enough to the fairway to cause problems on slightly errant tee shots. I typically play a strong draw bordering on a hook with my FW and hybrids. My shot shape required either starting my shot dead center of...
  12. hackitup

hackitup WITB

Edit: New setup starting at post 11. Now that my bag is pretty set, I decided to make a WITB thread. If anything it will serve as a deterrent to buying new clubs. My irons have Midsize GP Tour Velvet grips. Everything else has GP MCC Align in standard. Irons will get them eventually... maybe...
  13. hackitup

Glove wear

I’ve been wearing out my gloves pretty frequently since I took up golf. I did some work on my grip and swing and have extended my glove life to between 4-5 months. I take roughly 300-450 swings per week, every week. My wear pattern on this glove changed after making a few changes and I can’t...
  14. hackitup

Shaft sheared from head

Ping tip Shaft Shaft This is the second time in as many years that I have sheared a shaft from the tip. The first shaft was a Project X pXv 39 gram in stiff. Tonight it was a GD AD DI 6x. The pXv I did hit very toe side prior to sending the head downrange. The AD DI was pretty centered, but...
  15. hackitup

How do you build the top of your bag?

I'm going to be dropping my 5h in favor of a 4i for a bit to see which suits my game and tastes better. I may even decide to alternate depending on weather and course conditions. I'm pretty set in my plans and plan on seeing this experiment through, but... That got me curious. How do you select...
  16. hackitup

FNG from HI

Just registered here after finding a bunch of info from Google linking here for the past year. I've been playing for almost a year and a half, same as my favorite playing partner. He'll be 11 soon and just started taking lessons. Hopefully I can pick up a few tips to beat him more often :lol...
Back