Search results for query: *

1. S

New Srixon irons

Yeah, I’m not a 36 and don’t even remember when I signed up for this account. And been away awhile but plan on participating more again. I will have to update my settings. :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. S

New Srixon irons

I’m looking at the new Srixon zx4, 5 and 7 mkii’s. Anyone hit them or have them and can give some feedback on how you like them or which you would get? I’m getting older and less flexible and less speed so thinking something more forgiving and more helpful would be handy. Pondering the 5’s or...
  3. S

Shaft length

Over the last number of years, every time I go either get fitted or just talk with a fitter at a golfsmith (years ago) or more recently PGA superstore, they always do the wrist to floor measurement and tell me 1/2” longer than standard regardless of the manufacturer. I understand each...
  4. S

Apple Watch golf GPS

Maybe and old topic but I’m wondering what is the best Apple Watch gps that doesn’t require the iPhone to be nearby. I have an Apple Watch 4 and it has an internal gps. I would prefer to just use that and not have to carry my phone in my pocket. A good example would be a cart path only day...
  5. S

Masters bound!

I'm lucky enough to attend the Monday practice round for my first trip to the Masters! Super excited! Weather forecast doesn't look good though. Does anyone know if play gets suspended do they make all the patrons leave, therefore not even being able to walk the course (I would still walk it...
  6. S

Apex MB 2018 vs King forged mb

Anyone hit these head to head and have an opinion? I have hit the 2018 apex mb's multiple times and love the look and feel and get good results. I hit the King forged MB once and although I LOVE the look and got good results, the feel wasn't as good to me. Maybe I should hit them a few more...
  7. S

Fitting question

I have been fitted at PGA SS (year ago) and Golfsmith (4 years ago) and they always tell me quarter to half inch long and 2 degrees upright. And I go along with that suggestion. However, when I grab a demo club at standard length and lie (I get it depends on the manufacturer) I hit it so good...
  8. S

Shaft comparison

I have hit the callaway x forged and Apex MB both with project x 6.0 as the demo clubs. I didn't see bad spin/launch/peak height numbers in the demos. I currently have srixon z565 with kbs tour ctaper lite x 115g. Does anyone know how the project x 6.0 compare to the kbs tour c taper lite x...
  9. S

Shaft fitting question

I currently have srixon z565 with kbs ctaper lite tour x (115g) and the whole set up has been good over the last year. I want to get Callaway X forged blended with Apex mb. My question....is it safe to just order that set with the same shaft and specs as my srixon set or should I go through...
  10. S

Callaway X forged / Apex MB blended set

I'm considering this set up with 4 thru 7 in the X forged and 8 thru AW in Apex MB. Question is do I weaken X forged 6 and 7 iron one degree to match the Apex MB? Or strengthen the Apex mb 8, 9, pw and aw to match the x forged? Maybe a mute point of which way to go as long as the gaps are...
  11. S

Hello from Central Florida

Hi I've been following this site for about a year and really enjoy the content. I'm going going to get more involved with this site this year and start with this. I'm 45, lived in Central Florida most of my life and like most on here I love and obsess about golf. Infact I play most of my golf...
  12. S

Wilson FG V6

I'm considering these irons as I've heard great things about them. They have been out about a year so I'm wondering if anyone knows the update cycle for Wilson? Thanks Sean
  13. S

Z565 or z765 irons

I loved, I loved I absolutely freaking loved the feel and performance of the z565 last Friday when I hit them at the store. Crazy good feel and loved the numbers for me. I didn't hit the 765 but just from a looks perspective I like them better. Are they noticeably less forgiving than the...
  14. S

Srixon Z565

Holy equipment.....geez. And not enough time to be able to hit everything that is out or coming out. Just when I thought I've found someThing that should be perfect for me (Apex CF16) I stumble upon and read about the Z565. I've read endless posts in here about how great the CF16s are and a...
  15. S

Central Florida (Orlando) club fitters

Any recommendations on where to get fitted in the central Florida area? I looking at Callaway CF16 and I know stores like Edwin Watts and PGASuperstore do but any top places outside of those? A place where you trust what they are telling you and offer the best equipment for you? Some places only...
  16. S

Callaway Apex CF16

Anyone know the release cycle for callaway? I was thinking of getting these irons and then realized they've been out for sometime and wondered if I should wait for the next release. I would hate to drop that amount of money only to see the new version released a month later. Guess that's a...
  17. S

Equipment users opinions

Hi all, I'm new to the forum but have enjoyed reading posts on various subjects for some time. I hope to get some opinions now. I currently play iBlades and I absolutely love the feel and the profile. They even offer some level of forgiveness and get the ball up in the air pretty easy (which...
Back