Search results for query: *

1. DejaGolf

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played all the balls, but lately Snell. They changed their composition recently and while they were down, I bought a dozen Taylormade TP5-X balls. Dayum. Farther, higher, and I even notice a difference with the putter...the ball springs off the face, giving excellent feedback on distance. The...
  2. DejaGolf

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers: Callaway Apex Pro and Apex CB Irons

1. Which one of the two options would you like to test? Apex CB (but either set) 2. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno MX-23 3. What is your iron set makeup (3-PW, 4-GW, etc) 4-PW, GW, SW, LW I'm 73 and strong and have written and reviewed for GolfWRX. I think I offer a good...
  3. DejaGolf

ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats: You Just Won Apex Irons

Congrats, @shanewu !!
  4. DejaGolf

Can you ID this iron?

I'm stuck. I can't find any info on this Palmer iron. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
  5. DejaGolf

CONTEST $8000 Sqairz Prize giveaway

Thanks for the opportunity!
  6. DejaGolf

Do you have to 'clear the hips'?

Wow, you folks are all over the place, changing the focus of the thread almost every other post. The mind changes perspectives faster than your 2/10 of a second to accommodate the body movement, what you practiced, your grip, dominant hand, etc etc. I had an over the top problem which was...
  7. DejaGolf

CONTEST HUGE Super Stroke Giveaway: Win a Sony PS5 + More

Thank you! I definitely need to get a grip!
  8. DejaGolf

This is how Larry Rinker came up with his "Cores" identification. Some players are upper core, hit with upper body, minimal hips, like Rinker. Some are mid-core. Some are lower core, like Dustin Johnson. Rinker's videos are basic but instructive. Focusing on turning hips to lead the...
  9. DejaGolf

Look into the Easiest Swing from Brian Sparks. Lots of videos, easy swing, and it freaking works!
  10. DejaGolf

Clear the hips is a mechanic. It saved my game, as vidoes show. I had a horrible habit of opening the shoulders early that was killing my swing. Learning how to hold the arms back and fire the hips revolutionized my game. However, if it is a feeling, and you follow that feeling to correct...
  11. DejaGolf

Where do you stand when others tee off?

If he/she is wearing a hat which blocks the sightline in front of them, I stand in C. No hat, I stand more in A but more behind them not to their side like that. When I'm driving, I see virtually everyone, unless they are directly behind me at my back, then I have to check to see if they're...
  12. DejaGolf

Golf is 90% mental - agree or not?

PS: having a strong mental approach (which every athlete has or pretends they don't) is faaaaar different than being a victim of your 90% mental theory.
  13. DejaGolf

Golf is 90% mental - agree or not?

90% mental? Without practice and years of accumulated expertise? Ridiculous. Practice, practice, practice until you trust a swing or a stroke, then prove it to yourself on the course. Accept that there will be good days and bad days. Accept your handicap and what it means to your rounds...
  14. DejaGolf

Looking For Testers: Cobalt Q6 Laser Rangefinder

Thanks for the opportunity. My interest and contribution here is from the senior perspective. I'm 71, fit, played golf all my life through all the evolutions. Broke 80 for the first time last week (senior tees). My perspective might help not only seniors, who are big consumers, but younger...
  15. DejaGolf

Pick 2

I raised my kids through the 80s. TMNT and GI Joe, without a doubt.
  16. DejaGolf

What did you shoot today?

Shot 79 from the senior tees. First time breaking 80. But, alas, from the senior tees. However, I am 71 and my distances are shrinking fast. Which brings me to the question: I play Mizzy MX-23 irons. Given I have no big bucks, are these irons the best I can do? I don't need GIs, but I...
  17. DejaGolf

The 60 and over Thread

I'm 71. Here are some things that turned my game into a real game over the past 2 years: -- It started with the Easiest Swing in Golf. (Search videos by Brian Sparks, Sean Herron, Julian Mellor.) That was a revelation in contact and tempo. I customized the swing to a 3/4 backswing, which...
  18. DejaGolf

Town names that make you giggle.

Cockeysville, MD. Not really funny, but juvenile enough.
  19. DejaGolf

Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Both Pfizer shots--sore arm, aches in joints, chills for two days. I know people who had far worse reactions, but totally gone in 48 hours. So proud of my son, 32, a total bigtime fainter with shots since he was little. He manned up and got the J&J (without even a word to me)--he fainted, of...
  20. DejaGolf

Worst ball you've ever used and why?

There are a ton of junk balls out there, so I'll not comment on those. The one that I had high expectations for was ChromeSoft. I found it on the short side and irons just ate the cover alive. Later, I found Snell and fell in love. Distance and accuracy! Still play them.
Back