Search results for query: *

1. fistfullofbeer

Registering GHIN and/or Handicap

I am a member of our local Private course and have a GHIN # through them. I was trying to register one for my father-in-law but got told that they only do this for members. I looked online and am getting conflicted information on good sites/sources to do this. Could you folks point me in the...
  2. fistfullofbeer

Address issue: Closed shoulders

My major issue is low hooks and or pushes. While playing with my father-in-law he occasionally points out that I am aiming way right when I think I am not. However, while having looked at my swing it looks like I completely close my shoulders at address. Its a good 20+ degrees right from where...
  3. fistfullofbeer

Srixon ZX5 and Mizuno JPX 921 Forged

I am looking for thoughts and feedback from folks who have been lucky enough to try both. Areas of interest to me are: Feel Forgiveness As a higher handicap (18-21) I am curious more about the forgiveness aspect to be honest as I am certain they both feel great.
  4. fistfullofbeer

Looking for suggestion on Rangefinder upgrade

I currently have a TecTecTec VPro500s that I bought about 2 years back. It is good for what it cost but I am not satisfied with it because the optics are poor. I struggle to read the distances that are displayed.In addition, it often struggles to lock on to pins when there are trees behind it...
  5. fistfullofbeer

Online services/stores that can re-shaft clubs

I am looking at getting my MD3's re-shafted and potentially getting one of them bent 2 degrees as well (52* -> 50*). Unfortunately, I appear to be struggling to find any local places that can reliably perform this service. Are there any places online that I can ship the clubs to and have them...
  6. fistfullofbeer

First 9 vs Last 9

Do you guys feel or see any dropoff in your level of play between the first 9 holes vs the back 9? I am saying first and last instead of front and back solely on the order that you play the course. I have a considerably longer/tougher back 9 on my home course compared to the front and have...
  7. fistfullofbeer

Jerky!

I am big fan of jerky. Specifically the spicy varieties. The one I usually get is the Katie's Premium Jerky based out of Ohio. It is available from Amazon so I order it from there. Normally the Carolina Reaper, 7 Pot Primo or Scorpion. Its good stuff. Where do you guys normally get your Jerky from?
  8. fistfullofbeer

What should I buy from the Rogue trade-in?

So .. this is just a strange problem to have. I bought some new Rogue irons from a local store after getting fitted and plan on trading in some of my older irons (and a few older clubs) in to make the most of the Rogue trade in bonus. Originally I was looking at buying the Rogue driver but I...
  9. fistfullofbeer

Drawbacks of a wider stance?

I have noticed over the last two rounds that keeping a wider stance for pretty much all of my clubs provide me a lot of stability and helps me make better full swings. I have a consistent problem with falling back during my backswing and the wider stance provides a lot more balance in my...
  10. fistfullofbeer

Second guessing my Fitter/Fitting options

If you have a choice between an experienced and trusted fitter with limited options versus a Golftec/CC (or chain retail store) with many many more combinations/options, which way would you guys lean? The fitter is one I have used in the past (once). It was my first iron fitting and she did a...
  11. fistfullofbeer

What material are the shafts in your irons?

Was curious about the usage of iron shafts across our forums.
  12. fistfullofbeer

Are iron fittings same across manufacturers?

I am not sure how to clearly phrase this question, so please bear with me. This is all hypothetical but what I would like to know is if the custom specs that I get during an iron fitting, lie and length mainly, are the same across different manufacturers. For the sake of simplicity, we can...
  13. fistfullofbeer

G400 vs G700 irons

I have been reading up about these irons and am honestly not sure which categories they fall into. I realize that the G400 is more of a game improvement iron. Is the purpose of the G700 intended to make it a super game improvement iron? Outside of that, I was wondering if any of the folks here...
  14. fistfullofbeer

First Driver fitting: Any tips/suggestions?

I am going to my first driver fitting (only got fitted for irons in the past). That fitting was rather straightforward as at that time (3+ years back) I knew little about the importance of fittings and just went into the fitting with the idea of getting fitted for Ping irons (G30's). The fitting...
  15. fistfullofbeer

How often do you buy new irons?

I realized a little while back that I tend to switch all my other clubs (wedges, driver, woods, hybrids) more often than my Irons. I have had G30 irons for about 3.5 years and I have never felt the need to switch them since then. However, I have tried and gone through about 3 drivers in that...
  16. fistfullofbeer

Summer v/s Winter scores

I play in the Pacific NW where our winters are fairly wet and cold. As a result of that, I have seen that my scores raise considerably from hitting in the low 90s over the summer to high 90's and low 100's in the winter. The roll is gone and there is considerable loss in distance on shots in...
  17. fistfullofbeer

Understanding and comparing shafts (and flexes?)

I was comparing the numbers between the Regular and Stiff flex of the same shaft and am trying to understand the differences. Flex Weight Torque Tip Size Butt Size Launch Spin Tip Stiffness S 57g 5.4 0.335 0.600 High Mid Soft R 54g 5.6 0.335 0.600 High Mid Soft Based on the 2 shafts the...
  18. fistfullofbeer

How do you guys go about club fittings?

The area I live in has almost no fitting/demo days from most companies. Even the fittings that are available close to me (Taylormade and Ping) are not till after April. In cases like this do you put your faith into Golf Stores around your area to get fit? We have some stores around like Pro...
  19. fistfullofbeer

Shaft suggestions?

I am looking for a shaft option(s) similar to the Alta CB55 (that comes with the Ping G400) in Regular to fit in my Taylormade M2 2017. Basically a lighter shaft which has a mid-high launch and mid spin. Do you guys have any recommendations? Thanks.
  20. fistfullofbeer

Shaft advice

Hi, I really love my Fujikara Speeder 565 (Stiff) shaft on my Callaway XR16 3 wood. I am hoping to get the same shaft or something very similar for my Taylormade M2 (2017) driver. Never bought a shaft before and am looking for suggestion and advice on both what shaft may be a good fit and where...
Back