Search results for query: *

1. P

Martial Arts & Earning Rank

I am posting this thread here instead of in the hobbies folder because martial arts to me is much more than just a hobby, its a way of life. Much like with some of the people, a good many people on this forum perhaps, how golf is a way of life to them martial arts is a way of life to me. Now...
  2. P

Question about T-Shirts

From what little I know about Golf it has people from just about every walk of life and therefore on the golf course you will find just about any topic of discussion. So anyway, I have a question about T-Shirts and T-Shirt designs for anybody who has a background in that. No doubt you will find...
  3. P

Would you get these guns?

I know there are some gun collectors here, so would you get any of the guns at America Remembers? They are really fancy and definitely what you would call collector's items, although guns such as these you probably wouldn't want to use that much since they're too nice...
  4. P

Martial Arts Forms & Weapons Tournaments

So I was just at a martial arts tournament where I did a weapons form, in this case I used a jo staff, a wooden pole, and I also did an empty hands form. The tournament was fun and I did score higher than I thought I would although I didn't win 1st place like I had hoped to. Afterwards I went to...
  5. P

Fire Fighters, Police Officers, and Soldiers vs Lawyers and Politicians

From what I've heard, we should not bash fire fighters, police officers, or soldiers but there is nothing wrong with bashing lawyers or politicians. The reason for that is this. With fire fighters, police officers, and soldiers, we might not always agree with them but they stick their necks out...
  6. P

Christensen Arms

So I know there are some gun enthusiasts on this forum so some of the people here must be familiar with Christensen Arms. They appear to be quite a high end brand with prices that rival and even sometimes bypass Wilson Combat. And Wilson Combat is supposed to be the Ferrari of the gun world. So...
  7. P

The belt is not the rank

Many of the martial arts are famous for having a ranking system that consists of different colored belts. That's all fine and good but I just want to point out that the physical belt is not the same thing as the actual rank, its just a symbol of the rank. This may seem obvious to some but...
  8. P

Psychology

I find psychology fascinating, how the mind works and all. I do have a small background in psychology although I've never gone into any profession that uses it. I've got a bachelors degree in psychology but there is some stuff that I don't know how to deal with so Im looking for other people...
  9. P

This is addicting

Yesterday I went to the range and hit some balls and I had to go back today since it is getting to be really addicting. I will often use the 7 iron and as some people have suggested here, I use the wedge too, but I also really like using the driver. It can be frustrating but it can be fun when...
  10. P

Griping about internet forums

I sometimes have problems with internet forums and so Im posting here just to blow off some steam. Obviously I have not had this problem with this particular forum otherwise I wouldn't be posting here but I've had it with other forums and I will explain. When signing up on an internet forum...
  11. P

Most of us are grownups I take it

So Im assuming most of the people who post on this forum are grownups although people of all ages play golf. Anyway, I would like to say that with my experience on this forum so far everybody appears to be nice, or at least I haven't seen any insulting or offensive messages. That is partially...
  12. P

Callaway

So just how good are Callaway golf clubs? I see them at Dick's going for over a grand and for a price like that I would hope they would be good clubs.
  13. P

Merry Christmas in July!

Today is July 25, some people might celebrate Christmas in July such as me as we think Christmas should come more than just twice a year. So anyway, today I got a Wilson Combat Paul Howe Tactical Carbine and a Nighthawk Predator. The total cost was over 6 grand, enough to get a high quality set...
  14. P

Lets go Mets!

The Mets beat the Cardinals this past Thursday. I was chatting a bit with my golf instructor about it today. Unfortunately the Mets aren't doing that well overall and they aren't as they used to be back in the day when they had Keith Hernandez, Daryl Strawberry, George Foster, and other such...
  15. P

Amazing surfing story

This is amazing, she's only 7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aizVVLXK0Ms
  16. P

Golf progress

So I've been taking lessons and I've been going to the range. My instructor said I should work on having more shoulder tilt which I've been doing. During the lessons a computer is used to analyze swings and body positions and it beeps when you've got good shoulder tilt. My biggest problem is...
  17. P

Long distance road trips

Anybody go on long distance road trips? I've gone on many such trips. Sometimes I will drive across most of the country. Its hard work, especially since I do it by myself, but its also very fun and adventuresome.
  18. P

Golfers vs Martial Artists

From my experience, at least what I've seen on internet forums, golfers tend to be more friendly, more easy going, more tolerant, and much less egotistical than martial artists.
  19. P

Getting two or more guns of the same type

Im wondering if it would be a good idea if there's this gun I really like to get another one of the same type, or maybe even more. I really like the Ruger Redhawk and Im thinking of getting another one. The idea is to use one gun for target and range use and the other gun as a hunting sidearm or...
  20. P

Don't kill for pleasure, its disgusting, thats what some say

I've seen threads on this forum where people have talked about hunting and how much they enjoy it. So far I have not seen any messages in respond with disgust to such threads as I would expect some of the people here are no doubt animal rights activists and are therefore against killing animals...
Back