Search results for query: *

1. M

Slow swingers unite! 2024 golf balls

All the balls you listed are really good. I’ve settled in on the Maxfli Tour S. It just seems to work well for my game From tee to putting. I‘d put the ERC Soft right behind it. The TM Tour Response is another ball I’d add to round out my top three. Haven’t tried most of the new batch of balls...
  2. M

Cleveland Halo XL Hybrids and Hy-Wood Review

The 3+ head/shaft combo fit my swing tempo perfectly. It likes to go straight, yet, you can move it either way without a lot of effort. Killer for that high fade when you have a forced carry.
  3. M

PGA Tour Payouts For Those Who Stayed

The PGAT idiocy never ceases to amaze me. They get an influx of cash. And, at a time when viewership is on a steady decline. Viewership translates to TV revenue. Kind of doubtful the networks are going to continue dolling out monster bucks for a diminished market. So you’d think they’d use their...
  4. M

Tiger vs. Scottie : Who had/has more competition?

It definitely can be fun comparing different generations in sports. And, of course, you can always find statistics that can support your particular point of view. That said, one could say Scottie‘s competition is stronger. This could be based on the fact that the Tour adopted...
  5. M

Is driving or putting harder? The math...

Debating this is fun. And nuts at the same time. Let’s take driving. I hit 75% of fairways. You could say that’s 25% below the standard. Putting, I average 1.25 3-putts a round. 93% 2- putt or better. 7% below standard. Based on those stats, Therefore, for me, driving would be harder...
  6. M

What are the Muni's in your area charging these days?

Our muni is 19 walking weekdays. 14.50 senior weekday walking. Dont remember the weekend rates. Think it was 29 walking.
  7. M

The 60 and over Thread

With tournament coming up tomorrow I decided to play the whites @6150 This week. My group knows in the shortest fitter and are super encouraging to my diminutive game. They’ve noticed my increase this year with the new driver. yesterday, playing the whites I was having one of those (priest in...
  8. M

The 60 and over Thread

My 4H is likewise the most versatile club in my bag. I can hit it low/high left/right. I’m always amazed I can that with it and no other club in my bag. It is also the oldest club in my bag and every time I consider it’s time for a change like a 7W, it’ll come thru with an amazing results like...
  9. M

Pet Peeves…???

It’s a tough one between slow play and carts parked short of the green. I may not be able to hit the green but can get inside 50.
  10. M

Percentages - Walking vs. Riding

In the last six months went from 95% riding to 95% walking. The addition of my Caddytrek R2 has made all the difference. These electric carts are fabulous. Only ride now when only option. I know my cardiologist loves seeing 6.5 miles three or four times a week.
  11. M

Senior Golfers…how do you identify?

I’m 69. Body is holding up pretty well. And, I’m playing my best golf of my life. Got down to 8.6 last summer and will be chasing that this year. Scores are what they are. But the competitiveness is still there. Compete in senior amateur tour events With two wins in the last year. Shorter tees...
  12. M

All Things Being Equal…..

It is a positive. Any movement in that direction is a positive. Then there’s the intangibles. My short drives now are equal to my longer drives with old driver. The big smile effect. Chest puffing out a bit as you walk down the fairway. Even though you’re 30 yards behind your buddies. At least...
  13. M

That’s quite interesting actually. Lots of terrific information. A few significant things stand out to me though, which actually supports Jon’s earlier statement. Between 125 and 185 (1sr graph) there’s not really a significant drop off. I would expect this to contain7-hyb. When I look at...
  14. M

How many different golf balls do you have?

Winter ball - Mizuno RB566 Rest of the year - Maxfli Tour S
  15. M

Throw them up. We all learn from studies, tests we’ve individually done. Group studies/test muddy the water and lead to bad decisions by individuals because it lumps data together. An example is that according to data collected from some dang company, a slow swing golfer needs as high a driver...
  16. M

Interesting data results. Leads to all kinds of questions as to reasons for basic flatline. And yes, looking at that data, driving distance adds no value. Would love to see your putting strokes per hole during the test. I don’t necessarily agree with your practice provide no benefit statement...
  17. M

Your favorite golf trend(s) that didn't last?

Not sure if they fall under a trend, but I always loved the look. Yes, Payne Stewart brought them back. His NFL color scheme was really cool. We actually have one guy at my home course still wearing them. He’s the sharpest looking gent on the course.
  18. M

Does anyone have a wedge that they only use for chip shots?

I used to use my 56* solely for all chips regardless of situation I believed it would be easier to adjust and apply. I’ve since changed my approach to allow for more runout. Now I use everything from 56* to 9 iron depending on situation and I seems to be getting more chips closer to the hole.
  19. M

That would be difficult to do over an extended period as I play with others and they’d be why the heck you teeing it up in front. And likewise competitions, which happen to mirror each other between 23 and 24. my competitive events play @6000 yards. And in preparation for those events I play a...
  20. M

I’d say I hit my 7and 6 fairly close to each other accuracy wise. 5H not as accurate.
Back