Search results for query: *

1. A

Any Toyota/Lexus Die-Hards Here?

We have 5 drivers in my house and now I own 6 toyota products! I've come to the realization that I'd never own another brand. We keep vehicles +10 years and these hold up with reasonable number of repairs. Age is the biggest enemy of a Toyota/Lexus not miles...
  2. A

Steel Iron Shafts 100-110g: Do You See Material Difference on your Game

I was notfied yesterday that TrueTemper released a mid-Dynamic gold iron shaft and that got me pondering. For those of you playing low 100g steel iron shafts, how did you arrive at your current shaft and did you play it vs anything else on a course. I'm in the dynamic gold 105 stiff...
  3. A

what, could it be 3w Love?

OK, Love might be too strong but how about 3W acceptance? I've had a 3w in my bag likely 25 years out of my 35 years of play and for the most part it was a total Fail. Was rarely to never the safer play because I tried to hit it too hard and normally mis-hit it. Enter 2023 and I've joined...
  4. A

Putting from off the green with FW and Hybrids

For those that use a Hybrid or FW from putting from the collar and closely mown areas, what club do you use and did you evaluate all your options? I did some practice today using 4i, 4h, 3h and my 3w and to my surprise the 3W was most accurate for me. The hybrids were frequently off to...
  5. A

Stock FW and Hybrids- are the shafts too long?

I was cleaning up this week and came across my favorite FW of all time- an old steel shafted TM 4w at 19 degree's. Played this for almost 15 years. I then noticed it was only 1/2 inch longer then my 3h and ironically the 3h is the longest club I can sometimes hit off the deck...
  6. A

Gloveless- anyone?

This week I have been practicing in my garage without golf glove. The feel in my hands is enhanced vs wearing a glove on my left hand. I'd also note less rushing and swinging hard thoughts. No doubt this would not work below 40 degree's or +85 and humidity. Wondering...
  7. A

Practice: Accuracy vs Distance

in my practice sessions, I might be hitting x iron 150yards with tight dispersion. 10 balls later I'm tweaking things to get an extra y yards. 5 swings later my swing is breaking down. it seems I'm trying to optimize against distance vs. ensure I can hit x iron on target and exactly...
  8. A

Short list irons for me to Demo

I'm considering getting fit for new irons if something can be shown to me better then my 5 year old wilson c300's. For someone in the 6-12 handicap range, what current irons would you recommend I demo. I'm a function over form person. Current irons are wilson C300's with...
  9. A

lie angle- the impact on setup??

so the lie angle reduces slightly as clubs get longer. Is the intent that the lead arm can hand straight down regardless of the iron????? I'm trying to work some micromotions out of my swing and have realized my left arm at setup is different depending on the club.
  10. A

Driver vs. Iron swing- Do you transition well?

in my pactice tonight after some pitches, I crushed 10 iron shots then i went to the driver. took me a few strokes to nut the driver, then I went back to irons. I'd lost my iron swing though. gone was the clearling of hips and compression of the ball. took me about 5 swings to...
  11. A

Are we a silly phone/video culture???

so yesterday while JT was was about to hit a chip on 17 or 18, I noticed how everyone was watching camera's on the phone as they recorded the swing. Why do we do this??? This takes my focus off of taking in the moment. Seems to me it is a vote to post on social media over...
  12. A

Left Hand Low golfers step inside

For those that have moved to this grip, did you notice it impacting you ability to judge distance from +40ft plus?? If yes, did you adapt of what did you do. I've been using a Prayer grip for about 3 years ago and am ready to give this a try based on about a week of practice. I...
  13. A

Hiking in New York State

I've got a family that likes to Hike. Nothing extreme- 3- 6 miles day hikes to mountain peaks or waterfalls get best applause. considering New York because we can drive it in resasonable time vs say Rockies. anyone know of any areas you recommend?
  14. A

Chipping Grip Help- releasing clubhead

after +30 years of golf, I've finally learned to maintain my lead arm hinge into the downswing. this has made amazing difference in my full swings. However, last 2 weeks of play my distance control on my chips is very poor. in my full swing, I have an involuntary release of my...
  15. A

Mattress and Bad Backs

I think I've researched mattresses more then golf clubs. My problem is that I'm a side / belly sleeper with a bad back. I chew threw mattresses faster then drivers. After about 18 to 24 months of use, my mattresses sag enough around my hip area that I will wake up with...
  16. A

best golf shoe- traction, water proof, durability

I need to try a new golf shoe. waterproof, traction, comfort and durability in that order are my priority was a footjoy dryjoy user for first 25 years in golf. added the countours and they rubbed my ankle ball on a side slope so shelved those unless riding. bought new Etonics...
  17. A

Need Good Waterproof Shoes or Waterproof Spray

was out playing yesterday in a heavy dew and my feet were soaked before I got past hole 2 (n) shoes are Etonic and about 15 months old. I've got three pair so not an issue of over-use. Prior shoes were Dryjoys and they seemed to last about 3-5 years but I did not play a lot of...
  18. A

square face at setup- How do you know?

for a while, I have believed that I pull the ball or shut the face early in my putting stroke. After closer inspection, I'm starting to believe I set up slightly closed. I arrived at this by letting the putter set on the floor naturally and noticed it looks a bit open to me...
  19. A

Wedge and Iron Shafts the same?

I notice that sets of irons continue to push the boundary on lower weight shafts yet wedges remain in typical 120g class. How many of you play the same shaft in all irons even if the have a SW or LW designation on them and why?
  20. A

Desired Driver Height

How high are you trying to hit the ball with your driver and why? I'm hitting a medium trajectory on averge on the course. I get a bit less rise on the range for reasons I don't fully understand. Clearly if I increase my loft or alter my shafts I can get the ball higher and it...
Back