Search results for query: *

1. W

Slow swingers unite! 2024 golf balls

Sadly I'm down to about 90 mph driver as now. AVX has been the best ball for me the last 2 years vs chrome soft, tour RX, q star tour etc. pro V are definitely not for me as I lose distance (assuming due to spin). Obviously the AVX, tour RX, tour rxs, q star, chrome soft and chrome tour are all...
  2. W

Wedge shaft question

For those of you playing graphite shaft irons what are your wedge shafts? I went w the A wedge and gap wedge from my set so full swings would be the same. I'm happy on full swings but not thrilled w turf interaction on partial swings and some pitch shots. My sand wedge is already steel as it...
  3. W

Hybrid comparison

I currently game paradym X hybrid and was wondering if anyone has compared the X to the AI smoke HL hybrid?
  4. W

Epic super vs paradym x hybrid

I know there is a lot of love here for epic super hybrid but I don't have a chance to demo one. I'm slower ss (7 iron carry about 155) so a little unsure if I have the speed for esh. Has anyone hit esh and paradym x and can compare? Even better if you are around 90 mph ish driver ss ...thanks
  5. W

Q star tour

I know this ball has a decent fan base on here and I've read the 2022 review thread. I fall firmly into the low compression urethane ball catagorie and typically play AVX. I did just try chrome soft and while I prefer the AVX I could easily play the CS. I'm perfectly fine paying the highe price...
  6. W

AVX vs chrome soft triple track

So I had pretty much settled on the AVX as my ball. Probably the longest ball for my old man 90 mph swing speed. Stops well enough on irons and love the feel. I tried chrome soft a few years ago and seemed "short" to me. I found a current gen chrome soft and hit it as a provisional the other day...
  7. W

Driver loft and spin

Ok so I know that dropping loft on a driver via the cog drops spin..... correct me if I'm wrong there. I also THINK a lower lofted driver has less spin than a higher one at the standard setting for each. If those two things are correct does anyone know this ....which would be lower spin....a 9*...
  8. W

Used club market

wow, has anyone followed the used club market lately? I have never seen less inventory or higher prices. Ebay prices are up a bunch on clubs that are another year older. Example , Last year I could have bought a used epic flash heavenwood for 90-100 and now its in the 160-180 range. CPO has...
  9. W

draw bias fairway wood

I have been working on my over the top miss and have it basically gone in driver and irons but I feel like I will forever cut my 3 wood. Not a bad slice or anything but enough of a cut that it has way too much spin and loses distance. I have hit the radspeed draw and I hit it straight but the...
  10. W

Epic Flash Hybrid vs Big Bertha (2019) Hybrid

I am looking for a hybrid (preferably adjustable) to gap in between my Mav 3 wood my my Mav 4 iron. I'm a slower swinger for the internet golf world. The 4 iron is in the 183-188 range and the 3 wood is 215-225 range so basically I'm looking for about 200 yards. I should be able to find that...
  11. W

AVX vs Tour B RX

My normal gamer is the Q star tour. For $30 for 2 dozen (fathers day BOGO) they can't be beat IMHO. I bought a couple sleeves of the B RX and really liked them. I would say a touch longer off the driver and little more spin than the Q star. Last weekend I picked up a sleeve of the AVX and the...
  12. W

Where do you look when putting?

2 Weeks ago I would have assumed this was a dumb question. I guess I pretty much thought everyone looked at the ball but I now see there is a school of thought for looking at the hole. I also just read Dave Stockton is a big believer in looking at a spot 1-2" in front of your ball. His thought...
  13. W

Down to 3 and a question

Per my other post I'm on a quest to improve my putting. I've ordered a putting mat and pressure putt trainer to get me through the quarantine. I've also determined that a small amount of toe hang is more suited to my stroke vs the face balanced putters I've been using. It's down to Cameron...
  14. W

One handed putting

I struggle w short putts. My distance control is normally very good so it masks it some but I miss way too many 5 ft for par save or 6 ft birdie putts. I'm really a gumbled mess right now. I am normally a wristy type putter and the more I try to rock the shoulder s the more I struggle. I do the...
  15. W

Cameron special flatback vs Evnroll ER2B

I don't think I will be able to roll both so I was curious what people have thought that rolled both of these...thanks
  16. W

fairway wood launch conditions

So I am still trying to dial in the #2 spot in my bag. Most of the models I am looking to hit are not adjustable this season and my local shop really doesn't have any of the models in the 4wood or high launch 3 model. I'm talking the 16.5 range of clubs. I can obviously see the launch and spin...
  17. W

Putter length and eyes over the ball

In my now slightly over three year quest to play golf regularly I've gotten down to a 9.8 hdcp. I've always been a good iron player and chipper relative to my hdcp. Driver is now vastly improved after much work. The next step is putting improvement. My speed control is decent but I miss WAY too...
  18. W

Driver fitting, aka the good, the bad, and the ugly

Since we are in the middle of the winter here I was excited to attend a indoor demo day at our local shop. The demo was conducted by a Taylor made rep. Short backstory, as I stated it is mid Winter and I hadn't swung a club other than a few indoor irons in almost 4 months so I went in rusty...
  19. W

EX10 Beta Ti fairway vs newer fairways

I know the Beta Ti has somewhat of a cult following on here. I am going to only 1 fairway in my bag this year. It will most likely not be a 3 wood. I am thinking EX10 Beta 4 wood, Mavrik 4 wood, mavrik Max Heavenwood, or Epic Flash 5 wood set down to 17*. I'm obviously looking for the club I can...
  20. W

distance monster irons

I have a new set of Srixon Z 585 that I really love the feel of. I get plenty of distance and forgiveness w/ solid spin. In short....they are a great set of irons. These clubs are steel shaft. I also have a Rogue X graphite 4 iron that is my short par 4 tee club and I actually kill it (for me)...
Back