Search results for query: *

1. Kyle76

The weird golf dream: anyone else have it?

A golfing buddy and I both have similar dreams on a fairly regular basis. We’re on the first tee, excited to begin our round, and we cannot find a suitable spot to tee it up. There’s a bush in the way, or a side hill or any of a number of other things that keep us moving our tee around. We...
  2. Kyle76

My iPhone was disabled using Arccos sensors yesterday

I did notice until I finished my round yesterday, but when I pulled my phone out of my pocket, it said it had been disabled and I would have to wait 15 minutes to use it. This has never happened before, but I looked it up and apparently this happens after several attempts to unlock the phone...
  3. Kyle76

Best iOS scorekeeping app?

I don't need GPS or shot tracking, as I've got that covered with the Arccos system. What I'm looking for is an app to keep up with friendly matches among a threesome or foursome -- two-man better ball, 9-point game, etc., that will also keep up with stroke adjustments for each player...
  4. Kyle76

Am I being overly sensitive here?

On an East Carolina University sports board, there was a discussion of Harold Varner III's earnings in the QBE Shootout this past weekend. One board member posted the following: "Suuweet! Love that money! Nothin like getting paid for beatin on whitey!" I found the post offensive, particularly...
  5. Kyle76

Arccos Caddie Smart Grips being "officially launched"

I got an email that this product (Arccos sensors imbedded in a "swing-weight neutral" Lamkin grip) are being officially introduced after a period of pre-sales. It says these grips utilize "Free iOS and Android apps," so I'm assuming that you no longer have to pay an annual subscription price to...
  6. Kyle76

Can someone explain how tournament players are ordered as they move up and down?

I know there must be some system as players move around the leaderboard, whether they birdie and move into a three-way tie for third or bogey and move into a five-way tie for seventh. How are they ordered in that group that is tied? TV apparently uses a different system if Tiger is involved. He...
  7. Kyle76

Praying for boys stranded in Thai cave. Rescue is under way.

It’s going to be a huge job getting those boys and their coach out of the cave with new rain bearing down. My thoughts and prayers are with them today. I can’t wait to hear that they are all out safely.
  8. Kyle76

Voice Caddie SC 200 Review

I ordered this unit last week after Amazon reduced the price significantly and apparently temporarily. I received it on Friday and immediately entered my club lofts (very important for accurate readings) into the device. I took it to the range that afternoon, set it behind my hitting position...
  9. Kyle76

Ping G400 driver adjustments

I hit my new Ping G400 9° driver for the first time yesterday. I’ve been playing a Ping G20 10.5° driver with a medium flex. The new driver, fitted at Club Champion, is a stiff shaft. I hit a few good shots with the new club (my first drive after warming up at the range was maybe 260, 15-20...
  10. Kyle76

Is there a Callaway rep on the forum?

Having just gone through Club Champion and gotten recommendations for Callaway Apex irons with specific third-party shafts and configuration, I'd love to talk with someone knowledgeable from Callaway about whether one of their stock options might be sufficiently similar to the fitter's...
  11. Kyle76

The Club Champion Experience

I don't mind telling you, I'm a little sore today. I had my Club Champion fitting yesterday afternoon and hit upwards of 200 balls in a four-hour period. That's a lot for a guy who just turned 64 (the fitting and a little extra money to buy a few clubs was a birthday present from my wonderful...
  12. Kyle76

Did I miss the announcement about the new pick for the Granddaddy?

I thought it was supposed to be in the Callaway event thread, but I didn't see it.
  13. Kyle76

I'm going to Club Champion on Tuesday. Any advice?

I'm getting a full-bag fitting at the new location in Cary, NC (half-price special birthday present from my wife). I've done a few club demo days (got my Ping G20 driver and 20-degree hybrid at one about three years ago), but I've never done a full fitting like this. Are there any questions I...
  14. Kyle76

Jersey Boys Joey, Jamie and Danny: enjoyed the round at Wild Dunes

I showed up as a single at the Harbor Course at Wild Dunes near Charleston, SC, Saturday. A threesome behind me, the aforementioned Jersey Boys, graciously allowed me to join their group. They and three other friends were on a birthday golf trip. Anyway, I hated to crash the party, but no one...
  15. Kyle76

What glove do you wear, and where do you buy it?

I've been wearing Foot Joy Stasoft gloves lately because I got some at a tournament. I just opened up a new one, and wow is it ever soft and supple. It had been awhile since replacing my old glove, and I forgot how nice they feel new. However, in my size it is $22.95 from Foot Joy. Is there a...
  16. Kyle76

Club shaft “puring”: legit or bogus?

https://youtu.be/ZCT3jm1A-5U When I read about shaft puring I’m reminded of the bit from Seinfeld about ridiculous upcharges in the auto world. On the other hand, maybe there really is something to it. What are your thoughts, and does anyone here with real world experience endorse the concept?
  17. Kyle76

Are you meticulous about replacing head covers during a round?

I notice some guys remove their head covers as they play and just throw them in the cart basket until the round is over. I always replace my head covers after a shot, even a bad one when I'm tempted to just slam it in the basket and let the offending club suffer the shame and indignation of...
  18. Kyle76

How often do you change out balls?

I've been playing Titlelist Pro VIx's for a couple of years. At my home course, I can often go 3-4 rounds without losing a ball (it's a Donald Ross design with holes running parallel to each other and mostly open pine woods in between), so I can often use the same ball for several rounds...
  19. Kyle76

New member from North Carolina

I found this site by searching for reviews on the Club Champion fitting program, where I have a full-bag session scheduled next month. I look forward to taking advantage of the experience and expertise of members here. Been playing most of my life, on and off, and I’m hoping to pull my handicap...
Back