Search results for query: *

1. butchammon

Retirement coming soon --- lots of golf in the future! :)

I have *finally* decided, enough is enough, and drafted up my letter of retirement to the county pubic schools transportation dept (yes, I drive a school bus for something to do). 12 years (Sept 2024) is enough. I just can't do another year or more. I'm done. It's a miracle I lasted almost...
  2. butchammon

Doodling around with an old Ping B60....

I have a 1983 Ping B60 in my collection, and earlier today, in the middle of winter (whatever winter we have here in Virginia), I drove out to the local golf course & practice range. Anyway, I decided to mess around with my old B60 on the hard winterized practice green, and to my surprise, I...
  3. butchammon

Just recently got a new/used 2017 GMC Canyon pickup truck (locking fiberglass tonneau cover, etc...)

What a deal my wife and & stumbled upon at Carmax here in town! I had to part ways with my old, worn out, 112,000 miles, leaky sunroof, 2012 Ford Escape SUV.... We found a beautiful, fully loaded, 2017 GMC Canyon (i.e. Chevy Colorado - same thing, same truck) for a fantastic price, and jumped...
  4. butchammon

Ping B60 (what is it about this old putter from 1983?)

As seen in my signature... My favorite #1 putter of all time is my prized Odyssey White Hot XG 2.0 that always stays in my bag. But yet, I have been messing around with my small collection, Ping Pal, Ping B60, Odyssey DF550, etc... and have found that I sink putt after putt with the B60, right...
  5. butchammon

Classic putters (Oops, I did it again and fell down the Ebay rabbit hole)

Yup... You've all see my tiny collection sort of a "one of each decade" type of thing, but yet I was missing the 1960's. Well, I stumbled upon a classic Wilson 8802 and asked the guy on eBay about it. Yes, it's from 1965, fully restored, but yet somebody over the past decades, must have...
  6. butchammon

Getting back into working with weights (even us older guys, over 60)...

I don't know if anyone goes to the gym or not or has a simple set of dumbbells somewhere in the house, etc... But, while my daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughters were here, my son-in-law, proceeded to gently get me off my fat a$$ and slowly get back into shape with a few simple weight...
  7. butchammon

Wanting to add a vintage Wilson 8802 blade putter to my collection (what's wrong with me? LOL...)

You all have seen the photo of my 5 putters (one from each decade) that I started to collect. Ping's & Odyssey's... But yet, I started thinking back to the 60's with Arnold Palmer, Billy Casper, a young Jack Nicklaus, etc... and started to look down a "rabbit hole" of putter collection, and...
  8. butchammon

Video Putting Thru The Decades...

I set up my DSLR camera in video mode, and wanted to make a humorous video about putting. 7 feet away on one of those putting carpet, ball return, etc... things from Amazon. One shot, one putt. One from each decade. No gimmies, no re-do's, etc... 1973 Ping Pal, 1983 Ping B60, 1996 Odyssey...
  9. butchammon

Course Review The Hollows Golf Course, Montpelier, Virginia (3 separate 9 hole courses!)

If anyone is traveling through central Virginia, Richmond... Charlottesville... Fredericksburg... etc.. etc... and looking for a quick place to get in 9 holes. Check out The Hollows. www.thehollows.com The place offers 3 separate 9 hole courses, each one having its own unique style. Cottage...
  10. butchammon

1983 Ping B60 (eBay special) just arrived, but I want a larger grip...

As seen in the "Putter Collection" sub-forum up on top, I came across a guy in NJ who had a beautiful, hardly used, Ping B60 from 1983 (when he bought it - or so he said). I jumped on it, as I didn't have an "80's" putter in my collection. First impression: Looks amazing for 1983. Perhaps...
  11. butchammon

Course Review Birkdale Golf Club in Chesterfield County, here in Virginia. Nice course!

Anyone in the central Virginia area ever play Birkdale? It's a nice 18-hole course, in a housing community. It used to be private eons ago, but then opened its doors and became fully public. My son-in-law knows the course very well, almost hole by hole, green by green, as he grew up just down...
  12. butchammon

Visiting my daughter, son-in-law, and grandkids..

I'm here near Parris Island SC in Beaufort at the off-base military housing units... Good Lord is it humid!! 😲 I hope to check out Hilton Head while I'm here, maybe ask for a souvenir scorecard.
  13. butchammon

Practice putting LEFTHANDED! (What in the <expletive>?) Ha ha ha....

So funny... My sister stopped over earlier this afternoon around lunchtime (drop off a gift and birthday card for my wife). Beforehand, I had told my sister to grab her putter and bring it with her, as I wanted to show her my putting mat and my new Putt-Out training device too. She had a ball...
  14. butchammon

July 4th, 1976.... (Flashbacks --- where were you?)

I found this old photo of me waterskiing up on the lake in the Adirondacks in northern New York, back on July 4th 1976... I am slalom skiing behind my dad's old, wooden, Thompson speedboat w/ 65hp Johnson outboard. So much fun back in those days! :cool:
  15. butchammon

Video A quick video with my Odyssey White Hot XG 1 (pretty cool with video editing tools!)

I'm a bit bored, since it's 90° outside, wicked humidity, etc... I was playing around on that 8'x1' putting carpet, and decided to put my Nikon DSLR camera in video mode, and (on a small tripod) shoot a quick video. Then I cropped it, edited it, duplicated a section, and put that in super-slow...
  16. butchammon

*sigh* -- You're either a Blade guy or a Mallet guy when it comes to putters...

Help me out here - Any putting experts want to explain this and/or offer advice? I am completely mind blown! :oops: I just got home from Belmont Golf Course (here in Richmond, VA). No, no, I didn't play, as I was busy with errands, but DID stop in with my old generic, no-name, copy of the...
  17. butchammon

Look what followed me home...

First off, my new/used Stand bag came today UPS. Excellent!! What golf stuff did you buy today? | Page 595 | The Hackers Paradise So I cleaned out my 30 yr old RJ Sports cart bag, and transferred everything into the Stand bag. I decided to go to Play It Again Sports here in town and try to...
  18. butchammon

A new putting record on my indoor putting carpet (8 feet).

Woo hoo... :cool: And people wonder why I love the old Odyssey White Hot style putters so much. The only reason I missed at 127 is because I started getting a backache! :LOL:
  19. butchammon

Old classic putters that you still keep around...

Everyone has a favorite putter (mine is my beloved Odyssey White Hot XG 1 with Jumbo grip).... But yet, most of us have numerous putters in the garage, in the closet, etc... and some still get playing time every so often. Anyway, do you still have an old classic putter that you pull out of the...
  20. butchammon

Golf bags (cart, stand, tour) what do you think is the best?

I need some opinions, if that's okay... See, I am considering changing out my old, ancient, well worn, golf bag. Mid 90's RJ Sports cart bag. Yes, it's 25-30 years old. It's faded, dusty, but all the zippers are intact, and everything still works fine. It's just old as the hills.... I want...
Back