Old classic putters that you still keep around...

butchammon

Keeping it "old school"
Reaction score
Handicap
what?
Everyone has a favorite putter (mine is my beloved Odyssey White Hot XG 1 with Jumbo grip).... But yet, most of us have numerous putters in the garage, in the closet, etc... and some still get playing time every so often. Anyway, do you still have an old classic putter that you pull out of the collection and reminisce about its past performance on the greens?

The pride of 1996... Odyssey Dual Force 550. It's my #2 putter (backup) that I always still fiddle around with when not using my White Hot XG 1. :cool:

What is your #2 putter that is a backup but still sees practice time?

20230615_155616[1].jpg20230615_155640[1].jpg

Last edited:
I have several old Ping putters in bronze, BeCu, BeNi and more.

At least 10 Ansers, 2 My Days, a very rare Be Cu Cushin, a Bi Ni B60, a 1A, an 8802, an 8813, a Scotty Catalina, a Kirk Currie LCP1, 4 Tommy Armours. All from the previous century.

My 2-ball putter from 2006.

image.jpg

Titleist Bullseye. I think mine is from the '80s because it has an aluminum shaft. There has still never been a putter made that can match the Bullseye in feel and style.

I have a Northwestern 19 blade putter.

Sentimental value plus it’s a good putter!
1687109244767.jpeg
1687109287855.jpeg
1687109325742.jpeg

I keep this one around for sentimental reasons. I just got around to refinishing it. Looks great, but man, it's light. I don't think I could game this one again. I do putt around the house with it quite a bit though.
RenderedImage.jpg

I have a few I wont give up. They were all my gamers at some point. Favorites-
Wilson 8802 from the late 70's. My first brand new putter purchase.
Acushnet (Titleist) Bullseye, same era
Ping Anser, 1979 or 80, this was my gamer for quite a while, Kid used if For years till I got him a Scotty GoLo for added mass.
Slotline T Rail- My brother has been using it for a few years. It works for him. At this point its probably not really mine any more. LOL
PLOP- my first face balanced putter
Mizuno mallet from the late 90's. I forget the model, but it has been very good to me over the years Cant look because its in the cottage bag...

Not on the rack and really missed- later 80's- early 90's Tommy Armor ZAAP. I really cashed in with that putter. It was my gamer for quite a while. Kid either lost it or it was lifted out of his bag at the clubhouse. (More likely)
There are a number of others on the rack, but those are the ones that got the most action.

A John Reuter Bullseye, a Cash-In (my very first putter), and a Billy Casper mallet.

I only own one putter, a Ping Anser I’ve been using without interruption since 1971.

I’ve got one if you want to have it.
An older B60? Would love to tinker around with that one. Maybe polish it up, maybe get a few sacrificial thrift shop putters and learn to torch... mind is certainly spinning...

An older B60? Would love to tinker around with that one. Maybe polish it up, maybe get a few sacrificial thrift shop putters and learn to torch... mind is certainly spinning...
Yep, it’s yours. Happy to be able to give you something I know you’ll enjoy messing around with.

I still mostly game my old Scottsdale ping kushin

Yep, it’s yours. Happy to be able to give you something I know you’ll enjoy messing around with.
the refinishing and tinkering mode now fully engaged :love:

I still have an old Acushnet Bulls Eye putter and, I don't know if this is a "classic" but I also have a Ping Karsten B60 that I still take out on the course once in a great while. I always loved that shape of the head!

Back